Meeting with Kazanori Yamauchi him self

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 5: Prologue' started by super_fla, Oct 29, 2008.

1. Brainhulk

Brainhulk

Man...I am so jealous. I can only dream to go to Japan to meet Kazanori. wow...

2. WJHMH

WJHMH Premium

Thank you for posting this information.

3. alba

alba Premium

Sell me this playstation this instant!

:D

4. Crowsy

Crowsy

Sounds like you had a cool time. Are those specs for that PS3 and PSP you got different?

5. iLex

iLex

First of all: Thanks for asking those great questions!

I don't get Ferrari or any of the manufaturers who want to create the illusion that their cars will stay perfectly in form when you crash them into a wall at 300 km/h.
    If I had a car company (which sadly, I don't) I would be glad with PD completely ruining my cars in major crashes, as long as they would show that the driver survived :)

6. arvin charles

arvin charles

My guess is it's not about the illusion that their cars won't break when it crashes. It's all about image and how the company doesn't want anything that could tarnish the brand. Ferrari would probably like to get their name out there with the least amount of negative image towards themselves.

Besides, images of virtually crashed Ferraris doesn't really help sell their beautiful cars.

7. Dave A

Dave A Premium

It's about money, they will want more money for PD to have the priviledge of damaging tiher virtual cars. Ferrari has allowed damage in other games and I'm talking games that aspire to real life where the image counts most. It's all about squeezing that extra buck. Ofcourse even then there is a limt to how much damage they will allow period, regardless of the money involved.

8. GTchampion

GTchampion

This is awesome ...ide love to do this..

9. ChadSpeed

ChadSpeed

Come on, Microsoft/turn10 probably paid more money to them.

10. dazzi

dazzi

I wouldnt even call ferrari challenge as having damage, it just causes scratches and sometimes the bumper to fall off and a crack in the windshield nothing more then that whats worse is the crashes dont have any effect on performance, IMo thats the whole point of damage in a sim to feel the consequences not to look at the car being deformed.

11. Mustangmiha

Mustangmiha

well people, only important thing i must to say is, we will see damages, cars, etc. in Gran Turismo 5. now that is Polyphony's job... and all questions we will see in future... just patience...

12. franz

franz Premium

Great writing up for their update. I am actually glad the final GT5 will be released in less than 2 years (hope KY wasn't joking)
    In fact, I am worried about the collision implementation. You guys know KY wants to keep the game playable for most gamers. I don't think you can total your car like the black Ferrari was shown earlier (in physics of course). All I hope KY will allow gamers to choose the damage level, maybe in Super-Professional-No-Mercy mode. If this happens, everyone will be happy I guess.

13. shaka

shaka

It really pays off to make online websites i guess...

14. RacingGameFan22

RacingGameFan22 (Banned)

super_fla, I think it was AWESOME that you got the chance to interview KY.

I would DIE to even get to meet the man. he is like my God. if that was me in your shoes, I would ask him questions like "why haven't got the chance to license the Bugatti Veyron in your game?" or "have you got the chance to go to Speedway, Indiana to Model the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, and if so, how did you like it there and where did you stay? (I used to live in the area)" and "would you sign all my copies of GT?''

I wish that SCEA would do something like that here in North America.

so, what are you waiting for, Jack Tretton? Get on it! so what if GT5:p sold under a Million copies in NA? the hardcore fan would want it. I would want it, Personally. So, seriously, Jack, what are you waiting for?

DO IT!

15. TorqueHappenS08

TorqueHappenS08

I knew it all along. There is a undercover sacred GT religeon.:idea:

16. Obli

Obli

He did a good job regarding questions that the community at large wanted answering at the time. Consider as well the pressure he was under - I bet his head was spinning! I'd have forgotten everything!). I find your questions more relevant to your own tastes :)

17. RacerPaul

RacerPaul

No offence, but you need a different sense of perspective :) it'd be cool to meet the guy and discuss GT, but he's hardly god-like

18. sheharyar_rr

sheharyar_rr

OMG!! i just read this now and realized that i was in this event at GT5 prologue middle east challenge and was quite close to winning.. Fifth in Dubai :'( i could have done better but another problem would have been my age because I don't have a driving licence so yea anyways I am a bit jealous.. LOL I wanna meat KY in real so badly!!

19. Mazda Mazda

Mazda Mazda

I want to be you!!!!!!

You don't know how much a PS3 and GT5 means to me!!!!

20. EERS4YEARS

EERS4YEARS (Banned)

Has anyone seen the youtube vidoe where Kaz says there will definately be Defamation to the cars, and that GT5 will be released in small bits via on-line updates and other things of that nature?

21. Forgetful

Forgetful

You can find video of Kaz saying just about anything

22. Kryz11

Kryz11 Premium

He mentioned that few years ago.. But back then they were aiming for early 2009 release.. Since now it's pushed for 2010, they have extra time to make the game a FULL experience with DAMAGE, weather (my though). Before he was thinking about giving players an incomplete game, and constantly adding Patches, Kinda what iRacing is doing.. Now he wants FULL game and then add minor patches for at least a one FULL year.

For me.. I believe that damage will be in GT5 with 1st day of release.

23. semilife

semilife

Nice interesting read.

24. Zuel

Zuel (Banned)

No way no way you lucky dog...

25. Heath_1

Heath_1 (Banned)

4th picture down, spot the Porsche 911 on the shelf under the small tv screen. Thats a bit of a hint maybe!!!

26. TofuStoreDrift

TofuStoreDrift

No, it just explains why GT5 is taking so long, they can't stop playing with their toys.:sly: Are sure it is a Porsche, kind-of favors a Audi TT?

Edit: I think your right, Porsche Carrera

27. Ardius

Ardius

Oh please, what's next? Are we going to start recording every model car PD have? :lol:

28. RACECAR

RACECAR Premium

Kaz has a Porsche and a 911 GT1 from '98 24 hours of Le mans and there has still been no Porsches. You're jumping to conclusions a bit there.

29. yeti

yeti

Gah - how come I missed this thread - awesome stuff... shame the CW PS3 only comes with a 40gig HDD tho!!

C.

30. patriotzero

patriotzero

He met with Porsche..I think Porsche is coming to GT5 too

Last edited: Aug 13, 2009