Meeting with Kazanori Yamauchi him self

• Thread starter super_fla
  • 291 comments
I'd guess he means this bit:

then i asked him about porsche and lamporghini's are they goin to be in the game? why isn't already?

K.Y: the thing is we are working on it , because like the porsche have some contracts with other games manufacturer, and those contracts has just ended so its possible for us now to negotiate.

Me : what about the damage feature ? how far is it?

K.Y :thats also coming. the negotiations are taking place already. the only problem is that some manufacturer like porsche (NOTICE HE SAID PORSCHE, DOES THAT MEAN SOMTHING ALREADY HAPPINING) say's its ok to crash and total our cars we have no problem, and other manufacturer like Ferrari say's : we won't allow you to show some damage on our cars even if its the side view mirror damage .

Thank you.

So how Turn10 achieved and convince Ferrari to show the damage. I hope PD will convince them too. Cross fingers.

He met with Porsche..I think Porsche is coming to GT5 too

Like he said some of the car manufacturers are under contract but as soon as they expire I'm sure PD will be there negotiating with them so if it's not in the full version. I'm sure as soon as they sign a deal they will have it as DLC.

So how Turn10 achieved and convince Ferrari to show the damage. I hope PD will convince them too. Cross fingers.

They convinced them by offering big "$$$$$$$$" from MS

I am totally impressed with the sense of re pore conveyed through your post. I get the sense KY is a pretty cool guy. I think reading about your experience has shown all of us what the GT franchise means to its creator. Your questions, in my opinion have garnered some of the most revealing information for the GT community. This hands down has to be the best interview with KY in ages, so bravo. Congrats on the entire experience, and my hat's off to you.:)

I am totally impressed with the sense of re pore conveyed through your post. I get the sense KY is a pretty cool guy. I think reading about your experience has shown all of us what the GT franchise means to its creator. Your questions, in my opinion have garnered some of the most revealing information for the GT community. This hands down has to be the best interview with KY in ages, so bravo. Congrats on the entire experience, and my hat's off to you.:)

Are you serious?

This thread is 18 months old

Umm, I dont know why everyone on this thread can believe this guy..
Im sorry, but frankly there are too many holes to poke at this post.
First, Sorry but Just "dropping in" to the the polyphony digital doesn't mean they will treat you with utmost respect, give you a tour of all their work, AND HAND YOU a playstation 3 with a psp. Especially a PlayStation that has supposedly "not even come out" in the market... I begin to wonder.. To offer a shot at their work that they keep so secret.. And Reveal all this, To an Average Joe?! First, if a gaming news company were to drop by, Then they would treat them the way they treated you (Discluding the ps3), Because they have some power, they can tell the rest of the world bad things. But no random guy from kuwait is gona take an unnoticed trip down to the studios and make sony their bitch.

He may have bad english, but it really wasn't helping his case, by writing with bad grammar and spelling.. But I continue to wonder, Cause During many parts of his post he seemed to have perfect english, and only made stupid careless mistakes that de-legitimatized the whole post too.

I think the whole thing is a fake, and a sham. Don't say Im just jealous of him cause I seriously am not, due to the fact that its not real. There wasn't enough evidence to prove he was actually there, Those photos could have been on the internet. And in the first photo you can see a bit of track (mini map on the top left of the tv) And the le mans track layout isn't very similar to the one shown on the screen. It all adds up in the end. I just dont think this could be real, Its very unlikely, and I have some good points to back my thesis.

Sorry, but if your one of those people who bought this right off the bat, than your one hell of an optimistic man.. Ive lived In Kuwait for 2 years, I know how the people act, they all want to top each other, and It shows (from his youtube videos)..
Send me a P.M. of some descent explanations, as for now.. This isn't true.

(Sorry for the late reply, It infuriated me)

Ummm, he won the competition and provided pictures of the whole thing (well his PD tour and of his cockpit setup he won)... little hard to fake those.

Last edited:
Sorry, but if your one of those people who bought this right off the bat, than your one hell of an optimistic man.. Ive lived In Kuwait for 2 years, I know how the people act, they all want to top each other, and It shows (from his youtube videos)..

(Sorry for the late reply, It infuriated me)

Wow, are you honestly that judgemental? So apparently you think this guy, who is from kuwait, is putting on a fake act just to "top" someone else based on what you've seen while you lived there(or so you claim)? This guy has put more then enough sufficient proof that its real and he didn't just "drop in" for your information, he was flown there after winning. Your claim on what this guy has posted based on his race is just beyond idiotic and (at least to me) downright racist.

Umm, I dont know why everyone on this thread can believe this guy..

Im sorry, but frankly there are too many holes to poke at this post.

And Reveal all this, To an Average Joe?!

But no random guy from kuwait is gona take an unnoticed trip down to the studios and make sony their bitch.

Cause During many parts of his post he seemed to have perfect english, and only made stupid careless mistakes that de-legitimatized the whole post too.

There wasn't enough evidence to prove he was actually there

I just dont think this could be real, Its very unlikely, and I have some good points to back my thesis.

Ive lived In Kuwait for 2 years, I know how the people act

No need for a PM, this should do just fine :dopey:

DoubleFacePalm.jpg

Its a damn good thing I can't feel the emotion of embarrassment over the internet. But,
Sorry guys, That was a Great assumption :ouch:
Hope you guys can forgive me ?

And for a little irony...

Super_Fla's visit to PD and interview with K.Y. was on October '08. Then he, K.Y., when confronted to the possibility of GT5 only be launched in 2 years time he laughed and replied: "Sooner than you think".

Well, we're still in that 2 years window for the next 5 months. After all the things that have been said (myself included) who ever realized that K.Y. is still in this schedule?!

We still have to thank super_fla to be directly responsible for the end of RBE in Pro Events. That single (and almost unbelievable) achievement is a million times more amazing than the opportunity he had, the interview he managed, the gifts he got.

Looking to this after all this time, it really shows how PD misses out on not having a regular and direct channel with players. Like eutechnyx has and FC/SCC players know how important that was not only to the content of FC patches, but also to the vast (not initially planned) gameplay improvements we were given in SCC.

Back