MEGA POLL: Your favorite 911

  • Thread starter Thread starter ///M-Spec
  • 61 comments
  • 2,829 views

MEGA POLL: Your favorite 911

  • '64 911

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • '67 911S

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • '67 911 Targa

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • '73 Carrera RS 2.7

    Votes: 7 6.6%
  • '76 Carrera 3.0

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • '78 911 SC

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • '78 930 Turbo 3.3

    Votes: 11 10.4%
  • '82 911 Cabriolet

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • '85 930 Turbo SE factory slantnose

    Votes: 2 1.9%
  • '87 911 Carrera CS

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • '89 911 Speedster

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • '89 Carrera 4

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • '92 964 Turbo S

    Votes: 3 2.8%
  • '93 911 RS 3.8

    Votes: 2 1.9%
  • '93 993 Carrera

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • '95 993 Carrera RS

    Votes: 2 1.9%
  • '95 993 GT2

    Votes: 9 8.5%
  • '96 993 Carrera S

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • '98 993 Turbo S

    Votes: 13 12.3%
  • '99 996 GT3

    Votes: 9 8.5%
  • '02 996 Carrera 4S

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • '03 996 Turbo X50

    Votes: 5 4.7%
  • '03 996 GT2

    Votes: 13 12.3%
  • '04 996 GT3 RS

    Votes: 10 9.4%
  • '05 997 Carrera S

    Votes: 3 2.8%
  • [b][color=red]NEW![/b][/color]'07 997 Turbo

    Votes: 2 1.9%
  • [b][color=red]NEW![/b][/color]'07 997 GT3

    Votes: 8 7.5%
  • I'm queer and I don't like 911s

    Votes: 1 0.9%

  • Total voters
    106
I would vote for the GT1-98 993 but...its not on the poll.

Other than that the 959, 935 Moby Dick, and 78 930 are amazing.
 
I know many people might hate me for this, but I voted '02 996 Carrera 4S.
All the looks but without the tacky spoilers.
porsche_911_carrera_4s_2002_03_s.jpg
 
The Vanishing Boy
WHAT???!!!! No 959??

Sorry, but the 959 had about as much in common with a production 911 as my M3 did with a McLaren F1... or a Ferrari 308 did with an F40. If I put the 959 on the poll, I'd have to include the '98 911 GT1 (pronouce that "Group C") as well.

I would vote for the GT1-98 993 but...its not on the poll.

The GT1 '911' had nothing to do with the production cars and in fact, was a Group C / LMP car dressed up with 911 headlights.

EDIT: I wonder who voted for the 997?


M
 
Sorry, but the 959 had about as much in common with a production 911 as my M3 did with a McLaren F1... or a Ferrari 308 did with an F40. If I put the 959 on the poll, I'd have to include the '98 911 GT1 (pronouce that "Group C") as well.

-> Thats ok, it would've better if you include them. But at least they produced the 959 more than the average of any Group-C (aka. GT-1) combined.

Here's more pic I'd like to show:

993 GT-1
4.JPG


996 GT-1
1.jpg


-> Oh, may I add this car, its the 997 Turbo (sneek peek):
0311997turbo45001.jpg


0311997turbo45002.jpg


-> And the 997 Carrera Cabriolet:
7874-083959.jpg
 
^^^ 997 turbo, one look and I started to have to think about old ladies in bikinis...I am at work you know !!!!!
 
^ Same here. :)
 
959 and 911 GT1 are not 911's so correctly should not be included

I would have voted for the 72/73 911 3.0 RSR or the 964 Carrera RS had they been included...

The 996 Carrera 4S that sits outside my studio window (unfortunatly not mine) is pretty nice too
 
TwinTurboJay
tacky omg, get'm boys !!!!

I think it is. Don't set your angry mob on me. I have one of my own.

Do you really need that much downforce for the autobahns?
 
Back from the dead! :D

With all the new members around and a couple of new 911s recently unveiled, I think it's time to resurrect this thread.


M
 
The 996 GT2 is a god amongst the other 911 mortals.
 
Im queer and dont like 911's. Has got 3 votes. So who are those ghey kids?

I voted 997 GT3. 993 TUrbo is my second choice.
 
I would say, "excellent poll, mate!" if I wasn't forced to choose only one! :scared:

:lol: ;)

I voted for the 930 Turbo. Mmm...classic, laggy, brutish 911 goodness... :)
 
The 996 GT2.

Probably the closest 911 you'll get to the 996 911 GT1.
 
It was between the 993 Turbo S and GT2. I went with the GT2 based on it's killer looks :D

Any 911 Turbo/GT2 is my fave.
 
Flerbizky
If it doesn't drive like a hammer thrown with the shaft first and tries to kill you on each drive it's not a real 911 :D
Can I nominate this as GTP quote of the year?

1987 SC would have been my real choice, but I took the closest I could find.

edit: Ouch, hadn't realized I'd all ready voted, and the thread was this old.
 
'03 996 GT2 -- but that's like asking what flavor of Icecream you like. = D
 
I'm guess i'm queer... But me not being a big fan of 911's doesn't mean i like other men...

I like 911's, but to me they all look the same :scared: which makes me kidna of dis-like them...

Don't get me wrong there amazing machines, there just not me.
 
I have to go with the '73 RS 2.7. To me, it is the quintessential Porsche 911 in it's looks and performance, and it was truely one of the first bad-boy 911s to put Porsche on the map.

Sure, I love the '80s 911 Turbos with the whale-tails, and the unquestionably great 993 911s, but a classic almost always wins in my heart.
 
I was torn between the '95 GT2 and the '98 Turbo S. Being somewhat of an airhead myself ('79 vw beetle... cmon), it had to be at least 993 or before. But styling wise, I'd have to choose the GT2
 
I went for the 930 Turbo SE factory slantnose. One of the first car posters I ever got was of that car. I guess looking at it everynight before you go to bed makes you fall in love with it.
 
Prolly the 930 Turbo 3.3. it looked just plain awesome.
 
Der Alta
Can I nominate this as GTP quote of the year?
You mean - Quote of the year 2003 ? :lol:
 
993 GT2. Just something about those visible rivits, welds, whatever they are, in the overfenders just make it all that much better.
Besides that it goes like stink.
 
I voted for the 964 Turbo S (since that looks like the closest thing to a 1980's 911 in the poll to me.)
 
Flerbizky
If it doesn't drive like a hammer thrown with the shaft first and tries to kill you on each drive it's not a real 911 :D
I'll be using that in my sig if you don't mind.

👍

EDIT:Uhh, whoops. Sorry for the double post.
 
Der Alta
edit: Ouch, hadn't realized I'd all ready voted, and the thread was this old.

Flerbizky
You mean - Quote of the year 2003 ? :lol:

Well, that explains it...I was wondering how this thread got so many pages in so little time.... :lol:
 
Mr. Boy
I'll be using that in my sig if you don't mind.

👍
Please do - I'm honored someone would use something I said in their sig !...

(Obviously I haven't said anything good since 2003 :irked: )
 
since the poll is for road cars i decided id pick the prettiest one, the late version 993 carrera.

i think the poll should have gone simply with chassis/ body, since there are too many carrera/ turbo, etc options and they all cant be included.

the wanna be performance ones dont do it for me when they get emasculated by thier "non" 911 brethren; the 959, gt1 and so on.
 
Back