Menu Book 42

United States
United States
I started the menu books out of order. Did 42 first. Then, I started the races out of order, and did St. Croix first because I like that track.

After a little experimenting, I won St. Croix, on Hard, easily with the Peugeot L750R VGT Gr.1. EVERY lap was below 3 minutes, except pits. Pitted after 4 laps, ran RH and FM1 and won by ~30 seconds. Tuned the suspension a bit (mostly reduced camber and toe, which helped.)

Then, I went and tried Daytona with the same car. Fail. It uses way to much fuel and would require two stops on FM1. The other thing is that EVERY TIME I leave the pits, I immediately get a 3 second penalty for crossing the pit line. I am not sure why. Maybe its something happening as I enter? I made sure I didn't cross it on exit.

I haven't finished experimenting with Daytona and haven't even tried Suzuka in the rain yet.

Last edited:
Well done for winning St. Croix. I haven't managed to do more than 4 laps so far due to being "edged out" by AI! 🤬

This is again kind of random, I did the first 2 on normal difficulty, after a few tries managed to get first in both rather easy, but then came Suzuka, this one is a pain in the ass, haven't figured out yet how to do it, I'm the fastest with thr audi LM but wets wear out 2 laps before finish, and the AI is abnormal quick if you look at the two other races 😄, finally we have got a difficult race

I had to use different cars for this one, but won all 3 easily eventually.

Daytona, 787B RH FM6 with the turbo kit
Suzuka and St. Croix with stock Mazda LM55 gr. 1 RH FM1

I had to use different cars for this one, but won all 3 easily eventually.

Daytona, 787B RH FM6 with the turbo kit
Suzuka and St. Croix with stock Mazda LM55 gr. 1 RH FM1
No wets on full rain ?, tried 3 times, all were lap 4 until lap 8 full on rain

Daytona is easy mode with the Tomahawk S (road version)

St Croix I struggled more with cause I don't know the track well enough but Sauber eventually beat it

Suzuka, man I dunno. I tried a few times unsuccessfully with Sauber, super formula, and formula 1500. Will need to try something else, I guess I'll give LM55 a try maybe.

Last edited:
St. Croix is doable with the R92CP if you can get lucky and not have the Peugeot HYbrid VGT on the grid, not had the same pleasure with Daytona and Suzuka though.

Then, I went and tried Daytona with the same car. Fail. It uses way to much fuel and would require two stops on FM1. The other thing is that EVERY TIME I leave the pits, I immediately get a 3 second penalty for crossing the pit line. I am not sure why. Maybe its something happening as I enter? I made sure I didn't cross it on exit.
Yes, you are definitely getting your pitlane infringement penalty for crossing the line on entry. I had the same issue last night.

Daytona is easy mode with the Tomahawk S (road version)

St Croix I struggled more with cause I don't know the track well enough but Sauber eventually beat it

Suzuka, man I dunno. I tried a few times unsuccessfully with Sauber, super formula, and formula 1500. Will need to try something else, I guess I'll give LM55 a try maybe.
Super formula works after you're used to it a bit. FM6, RHs and zero pit stops. Suzuka is most random out of all 3, though. I've started with it and was trying different cars to see what works better, and a few times it didn't really rain, just a few drops around laps 4, 5 and 6, and sometimes it actually rains for 4 laps.

I just won Suzuka by about 6 seconds with the L750R. Managed fuel to get through 6 laps, at which point it started raining. Went to IM, and the leaders stayed out one lap too many, so I caught them all. IM were a little dicey for a bit with heavy rain on laps 7-8, but it stopped raining halfway through 8, so I finished on them just fine.

First attempt it hardly rained at all, and I came in 4th.

I got third on Daytona, also in the L750R, after trying multiple cars. Seems the Mazda LM55 and the Peugeot L750R are the cars to beat, at least in my experience. The old Group C cars have terrible brakes (comparatively). I am much faster in the newer cars except for on the long straights.

Won $500k with the 6-star roulette.

Also I can confirm the Daytona pit penalty is from entering. You have to wait and stay to the right of the (hard to see) white line.

Last edited:
Super formula works after you're used to it a bit. FM6, RHs and zero pit stops. Suzuka is most random out of all 3, though. I've started with it and was trying different cars to see what works better, and a few times it didn't really rain, just a few drops around laps 4, 5 and 6, and sometimes it actually rains for 4 laps.
The time I tried the SF was a complete mess- like 2.5 bars of rain kind of mess. And then it dried up and melted my tires off. I'm gonna keep trying with it till I get a non insane rain race

My GT7 on PS4 pro

1) Daytona, 1st, car: SRT Tomahawk S, RH, FM6, pit stop 1x oil only

2) St. Croix C, 2nd, car: SRT Tomahawk S, RH, FM1-3, pit stop 1x oil only

3) Suzuka, 2nd, car: SRT Tomahawk Gr1, RH, FM1, pit stop 1x oil only
-Try with McLaren VGT Gr1, Mazda 787B, Mazda LM55 VGT Gr1, SRT Tomahawk S

Star 6 tickets - 1 million credits

Suzuka

Attachments

• DSC_0297.JPG
    DSC_0297.JPG
    161 KB · Views: 333
Last edited:
This is again kind of random, I did the first 2 on normal difficulty, after a few tries managed to get first in both rather easy, but then came Suzuka, this one is a pain in the ass, haven't figured out yet how to do it, I'm the fastest with thr audi LM but wets wear out 2 laps before finish, and the AI is abnormal quick if you look at the two other races 😄, finally we have got a difficult race
The game difficulty is backwards, Easy is fast AI and Hard is the slow ones. It doesn’t work for all races, but give it a try. Unless it’s been fixed now, of course.

The game difficulty is backwards, Easy is fast AI and Hard is the slow ones. It doesn’t work for all races, but give it a try. Unless it’s been fixed now, of course.
A few of the Human Comedy missions were backwards. In these new menu 42 races, hard is where the AI is lightning fast. On easy, they are super slow.

I'm interested in what cars and strategies people are using to win on hard difficulty. Anything less than hard can be much more easily won with a far wider variety of cars and strategies.

A few of the Human Comedy missions were backwards. In these new menu 42 races, hard is where the AI is lightning fast. On easy, they are super slow.

I'm interested in what cars and strategies people are using to win on hard difficulty. Anything less than hard can be much more easily won with a far wider variety of cars and strategies.
I just found that out lol, tried the TS050 on Hards and lost by 30s in the end on a 1 stop. I was just cruising expecting them all to stop again, and they didn’t. Guess I’m gonna have to try a little harder for this one lol.

Last edited:

He did all the races on hard I believe and won all of them using the LM55 GT1. I was too pushed to attempt in on hard straight away.

Thought I'd run Sainte-Croix again in the GR010 on the basis that in the TS050 I could've been 8 seconds a lap slower and still would've won. Even on RS I couldn't even get close to the L750R that was running 2:55's. Not sure how one AI car can increase it's pace by 10 seconds a lap on the same event with the same difficulty settings, that level of inconsistency is just terrible game design.

From that I'd suggest that anyone having trouble you might as well just restart the race a bunch of times from the main menu and see how much their pace changes.

Edit:

Tried again with the 919 and the L750R was even quicker with a 2:53 best lap, however I ended up winning by 30 seconds. Difficulty level is either badly designed or bugged in races like this from the looks of it, reminds me of the stupid stuff in the GT6 seasonal events.

Last edited:
Just finished 2nd on Daytona with the R92CP (tuned to 900pp). Miyazono pits once, very late, but I could've sacked him if it wasn't for a short trip into the grass that I made in lap 7 (I finished 4 seconds behind Miyazono). Fun but difficult race. Hope I manage to beat the other two Gr.1 races, too...

Last edited:
True, I had a certain vision for playing GT7, I thought I'll clear the game 100% on normal difficulty mode, then start hard, so now I'm gonna do all the license tests again, to reset the times, and do all the other races on hard, should be fun

Back