Menu Book 42

I just won Daytona (finally, best before was 2nd) with the LM55, low downforce, med-rpm turbo. Ran FM6 for 6 laps, then refuel to 100% and rum FM1-2 for remaining 4 laps. Won by 0.6 seconds after getting punted in the chicane on the last lap by the end place car....

Well, thank to you just wasted another attempt because I ran out fuel on lap 8. Unless there is some tuning to be done to reduce fuel consumption.
My guess is manual transmission and short shifting, maybe some early coasting into turns instead of late braking?

I'm using Mazda VGT Gr.1 and setup/strategy from Unleashed Drivers.

Daytona was a win first attempt on hard difficulty, but only by about 3 seconds. Suzuka took a few attempts. First several attempts I managed only 2nd place (closest was 5 seconds down) using suggested fuel map 3 from start. Passing traffic at start costs too much time at FM3. I altered the strategy a bit to use mostly FM1 and managed to win under hard difficulty. First stint ran 6 laps: FM1 for 3 laps until I got through the slower traffic and then switched to FM2 and some short shifting. After stop on lap 6 I ran FM1 to end of race and just pushed hard. Closed gap and came up to two leaders entering final lap and rain started... but it didn't accumulate on track enough to warrant a stop. Passed 2nd place on start straight and leader on S curves going up the hill then switched backed to FM2 to make sure I could finish. Got a little slick at end of lap, but only cost a few seconds

Definitely have to get aggressive to get through traffic and then run sub 1:43-1:44 pace to close gap on leaders in 2nd stint to win in full dry conditions under hard difficulty. AI can run under 18 minutes on hard setting and about 18:30 on normal, so normal is significantly easier (3 seconds per lap is a ton).

View attachment 1155566

View attachment 1155568
That's a great video! Thanks for the recommendation.

Don’t know how but I got into my head that you need to win all 3 races for the reward…dearie me. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Anyway, got 2nd place on all 3, Mazda 787b on Daytona and Formula on the other 2 but could’ve easily won no rain Suzuka.

(I haven't tried a no-stop strategy but) have you perhaps installed a turbo? They heavily increase gas consumption.
That run was without turbo for the exact reason you mentioned but you’re not fast enough without it. You need to kill them on the straights, reaching 370km/h at least.

Got 2nd on Daytona using the Mazda 787B on RH and no stop, FM6, with turbo.

Some fuel saving was needed, but just a little.

Just achieved gold on st croix hard mode using Bugatti GR1. It’s possible!!

Best lap on my final round with a timing of 2:54.

Was so tempted to buy the LM55 but I realized my Bugatti has better acceleration than the videos posted earlier. Just had to tune up the down force so that cornering is much easier.

It’s possible to even fully accelerate round the bend before the long straight. This gives an instant 2s boost to the lap time.

Forgot to mention. I got gold for Daytona on hard mode using Bugatti gr1 as well. Cant rmb what the timing was.

Next up Suzuka!

FINALLY won Suzuka. Ugh. I used a Super Formula on RS tires, pitted once after lap 5 to get gas and new tires. Rain pretty much held off.

Speaking of the rain -- i noticed that the other cars seem to slow down for the rain, but ONLY WHEN THEY'RE IN YOUR VIEW. If they're out of sight, they just go full speed through the rain. Stupid, lazy, broken programming by PD there. Disgraceful.

True, I had a certain vision for playing GT7, I thought I'll clear the game 100% on normal difficulty mode, then start hard, so now I'm gonna do all the license tests again, to reset the times, and do all the other races on hard, should be fun
I've been doing the entire game on the hard setting. Is it too flawed maybe? Should I just set it to normal and save myself some unnecessary BS?

I've been doing the entire game on the hard setting. Is it too flawed maybe? Should I just set it to normal and save myself some unnecessary BS?

depends if you're having fun or not. Driving in the rain is not fun for me. I turn down the difficulty for those races so I can get through them with minimal restarts. The other races I'm happy to be challenged.

The Suzuka race is just a big joke. Total pot luck on when it rains, where you are on the lap, how much it rains and subsequently which tyre you guess to go onto.

Just finished a race in 6th where I'm a minute behind the winner, 16 seconds behind 5th, 32 seconds ahead of 7th and also lapping cars as well.

How can that level of field spread happen in a 10 lap sprint race?

Did all three races with a stock Gr010.

Suzuka. Had the lead by lap 4. Got a three second pit exit penalty on the last lap that dropped me to third on the back straight. 3rd

St Croix. I've never driven this track before. First attempt 6th. I'd started on 6 fuel to go none stop but it looked like I could get the win so fuel 1. I ran out of fuel with three corners to go. Second attempt fuel stayed 6 all the way. Easy none stop. Got within 6 seconds of the leader twice and twice I let it go. 2nd

Daytona. Ran fuel 6 but needed a pitstop. Didn't matter, easy win. Lapping for fun in the end.

I think like Pizzapants says, if you have fun keep it this way, i think i'll switch soon to hard, winning by a minute is not very challenging , so we will give hard mode a go :-)

After many failed attempts at Suzuka, I got a round where the conditions were complete carnage. Massive rain already on lap two and I managed to crawl in to change to wets before lap three, and also started a nice gap on the AI who was out another lap on slicks. A couple of laps later it dried up amazingly quickly, and I changed back to racing mediums and increased my gap before AI also got back on slicks. To my surprise yet another torrential rainstorm appeared and this time I didn't realise it until I had passed the pits, so I crawling around for a lap thinking I would lose it again. Luckily the AI must have done the same because they didnt catch up. Got back on wets and cruised home to a massive victory, even if my driving throughout the race was terrible, ended up in both the grass and the gravel several times.

Shows that this race is much about luck with the rain and what the AI decides to do. Maybe AI is smarter on Hard difficulty? I'm a Normal purist myself :D

20220601_121412.jpg

Last edited:
Is this harder than Maggiore #8?

Seeing a lot of people saying that this is pretty tough. Maggiore's the barometer for me - how does this stack up in comparison?

Hearing Suzuka is particularly difficult?

Last edited:

Seeing a lot of people saying that this is pretty tough. Maggiore's the barometer for me - how does this stack up in comparison?

it's a 20-minute race that is decided by random weather and random pit choices by the AI. I don't know if I'd call it "hard" so much as frustrating.

Much easier but there's a lot more RNG with the weather screwing you over along with the AI pace being incredibly varied.

After many failed attempts at Suzuka, I got a round where the conditions were complete carnage. Massive rain already on lap two and I managed to crawl in to change to wets before lap three, and also started a nice gap on the AI who was out another lap on slicks. A couple of laps later it dried up amazingly quickly, and I changed back to racing mediums and increased my gap before AI also got back on slicks. To my surprise yet another torrential rainstorm appeared and this time I didn't realise it until I had passed the pits, so I crawling around for a lap thinking I would lose it again. Luckily the AI must have done the same because they didnt catch up. Got back on wets and cruised home to a massive victory, even if my driving throughout the race was terrible, ended up in both the grass and the gravel several times.

Shows that this race is much about luck with the rain and what the AI decides to do. Maybe AI is smarter on Hard difficulty? I'm a Normal purist myself :D

View attachment 1156284
This is wild. I was doing the race on medium diff too and the A. Wilk fellow was putting in consistent 1:48 laps in dry lol. Makes no sense. Anyone have a strategy/tune for the GR010 for this race? I bought that car and would like to use it here.

In the dry it had the potential to be but with tuning and VGT cars that can tuned to drive on rails it’s not close to Maggiore. Plus like someone said the hour vs 20 minutes makes a big difference.

Like Maggiore, the AI are on three different strategies (soft, medium, hard), but the weather is the complete randomizer, although many races are completely dry. 40% chance of rain I guess.

In dry conditions the fastest AI usually finish just under 18 minutes (on hard setting) so you have to drive fairly well and clean… with one stop 1:44-1:45 laps should do it. A few VGT cars get decent fuel efficiency and tire wear while being glued to road… if you had to compete with a real Gr.1 car it would be different.

I tried the Peugeot tuned by Praiano and can do 1:42-1:43 laps in clean air but trickier to drive and pass cars and medium tires fall off a cliff on lap 4. I can’t make a one stop on hard tires with fuel without slowing to a crawl in FM6 and short shifting/coasting. If the AI weren’t driving VGT and this were pure real world Gr.1 cars would be better.

Tried it with the Superformula at Daytona. First try was RH, FM6 no stop. Didn't work really well for me. After that I went FM1 with one stop for fuel only after lap 5. In both stints i had to fuel save a little bit for one lap in the infield. I finished quite easy in P1. I play on medium difficulty.

Last edited:
I won the Suzuka 15 Laps by pure luck, with a L750R HYbrid VGT. There was a heavy rain at lap 4. I changed to W, passed all cars ahead of me during lap 5 as they were all in the wrong tyres. The position and gas lasted to the end of race and wore most of my W types.

Last edited:
I don't know why but the AI are suddenly consistently running 17:45 and even saw the McLaren VGT run 17:34 for the Suzuka race (Hard Setting/Dry). Every time I've run this before the top AI were close to 18 minutes! If I push and don't make mistakes I can run about 17:40, but that 17:34 is a burner.

I lost a handful of seconds on last lap battling Hizal and the two previous laps passing Miyazono and Wong... but took some consistent laps 1:43-1:44 laps (most with a bit of traffic) to win by one second. Using Praiano tune for the Peugeot.

Gran Turismo® 7_20220604172456.jpg

Gran Turismo® 7_20220604173013.jpg

Last edited:
I won the Suzuka 15 Laps by pure luck, with a L750R HYbrid VGT. There was a heavy rain at lap 4. I changed to W, passed all cars ahead of me during lap 5 as they were all in the wrong tyres. The position and gas lasted to the end of race and wore most of my W types.

I have just beat Suzuka a moment ago. Used Tomahawk Gr.1 with Praiano tune, very dark sky near the end of lap 4 and I went to the pit and switched to IM. Caught all the cars in front of me at lap 6 because they all had wrong tires and they all went to the pit afterwards. Won the race by 30 seconds.

Back