Menu Book 42

Any updated set-up tips/strategy for a 787B at Daytona? Currently 1-stop on RH tyres, doing regular 1.33’s, struggling to get anywhere near the leader. I usually get in the top 3% for the Time Trials. So either I’m missing something obvious or my set-up is particularly poor.
After some looking found this fantastic 787B tune for Daytona. An evening of woe trying to win the event. Fitted this set-up and two wins on the bounce!

With the amazing straight line speed and ability to get the power down early. It’s as if you break the back of the AI and quickly real ‘em in. Then it’s a case of managing the race.

Been away for pretty much the entire month of August, just came back to give the Suzuka race another try and was finally able to win it today. It was a clean race too for the CRB :D I had given it a try before, but it felt impossible to win with the McLaren VGT (Gr.1) on hard race difficulty, especially when it rained, and the leading AI cars were seemingly able to run the entire race without pit stops? :odd:

I’m sure there are better cars than the McLaren VGT (Gr.1) for this Menu Book, but I decided to stick with it because when I purchased it, I knew I would be able to use it for both Menu Book 41 & Menu Book 42. However, had I known at the time that Gr.1 cars are actually not a hard requirement for Menu Book 42, I would probably have purchased the regular McLaren VGT (or some other VGT) instead of this Gr.1 version.

In any case, I knew the default setup wouldn’t cut it if I wanted to win the race, so I had to look for another setup. Luckily, I was able to find one that was pretty decent and was able to win the race with just one pitstop halfway through the race at the end of lap 5 for fresh rubber and fuel. It also helped that it did not rain, and the leading AI cars did pit this time as well.

I have yet to do the races at Sainte-Croix and Daytona. I hope those races will be easier.... :dopey:

Been away for pretty much the entire month of August, just came back to give the Suzuka race another try and was finally able to win it today. It was a clean race too for the CRB :D I had given it a try before, but it felt impossible to win with the McLaren VGT (Gr.1) on hard race difficulty, especially when it rained, and the leading AI cars were seemingly able to run the entire race without pit stops? :odd:

I’m sure there are better cars than the McLaren VGT (Gr.1) for this Menu Book, but I decided to stick with it because when I purchased it, I knew I would be able to use it for both Menu Book 41 & Menu Book 42. However, had I known at the time that Gr.1 cars are actually not a hard requirement for Menu Book 42, I would probably have purchased the regular McLaren VGT (or some other VGT) instead of this Gr.1 version.

In any case, I knew the default setup wouldn’t cut it if I wanted to win the race, so I had to look for another setup. Luckily, I was able to find one that was pretty decent and was able to win the race with just one pitstop halfway through the race at the end of lap 5 for fresh rubber and fuel. It also helped that it did not rain, and the leading AI cars did pit this time as well.

I have yet to do the races at Sainte-Croix and Daytona. I hope those races will be easier.... :dopey:

I just won Suzuka with the Mazda VGT.
For Daytona you may try the Tomahawk.

DSC_0362.JPG

Won 1st place at September 4th 2022.
Car Dodge SRT Tomahawk Vision Gran Turismo Gr1 won

I just won Suzuka with the Mazda VGT.
For Daytona you may try the Tomahawk.
Thanks for the suggestions. I’m still trying to stick it out with the McLaren VGT (Gr.1) for the remaining 2 races unless it’s absolutely impossible with this car. I gave Daytona a try the other day, and it seems to be about as difficult as Suzuka, but at least it’s not raining. I think it’s still possible to beat the cheating AI cars at Daytona with some luck. Sadly, I will be away again for about 2 months this time, so no more GT7 until I come back….

Won 1st place at September 4th 2022.
Car Dodge SRT Tomahawk Vision Gran Turismo Gr1 won
I used the Toyota TS050 Hybrid '16 for Sainte-Croix and Daytona for a win but struggled with Suzuka due to the roll-of-the-dice weather.

After many attempts, I tried the Dodge SRT Tomahawk Vision Gran Turismo Gr1 and won Suzuka with one pit stop for inters late in the race.

My races were done after the 1.21 update using tunes from gtplanet and I found I had to adjust from MR tires to HR tires due to wear. Your experience with tires may vary.

Last edited:
it's a 20-minute race that is decided by random weather and random pit choices by the AI. I don't know if I'd call it "hard" so much as frustrating.
I call it hard and frustrating. I hate that track so much. The first curves kill me. I’m running the McLaren VGT Gr1 with the time from Praiano63.

After some looking found this fantastic 787B tune for Daytona. An evening of woe trying to win the event. Fitted this set-up and two wins on the bounce!

With the amazing straight line speed and ability to get the power down early. It’s as if you break the back of the AI and quickly real ‘em in. Then it’s a case of managing the race.

Cheers boss, this delivered the goods. I then used his McLaren tune in another video to win the other 2 races with ease.

I didn;t see any rain at Suzuka when I did it on Easy level initially...

This is again kind of random, I did the first 2 on normal difficulty, after a few tries managed to get first in both rather easy, but then came Suzuka, this one is a pain in the ass, haven't figured out yet how to do it, I'm the fastest with thr audi LM but wets wear out 2 laps before finish, and the AI is abnormal quick if you look at the two other races 😄, finally we have got a difficult race
What car/ Tune ?

After more than 2 months of hiatus, I’m back to complete Menu Book 42. It was really tough getting back into it, but I finally managed to win the race at Daytona with the McLaren VGT (Gr.1) on hard difficulty and getting the CRB. Unfortunately, I still didn't get the fastest lap due to the cheating (and incredibly dumb) AI cars :irked:

Still need to do Sainte-Croix, and I really hope that one will be the easiest of the three….

My best result on hard and daytonna with different gr. 1 cars and tunes was p6.
Tried yesterday the lm55 vgt (rh tires, downforce front and back on the lowest value, output set to 98 or 97% to get it to 950pp), and finished the race in p2 (I was bumped multiple times off the track by the ai :D)

Last edited:
PS4 GT7

13/12/22 Menu Book N°42 GR.1 => ticket 6 stars 1 000 000cr

Gran Turismo Red Bull X2019 25th Anniversary Special Edition Race Car (FREE)

RH ✅ , RM ❌ and RS ❌

IM ✅ W ✅ => Suzuka (map)

950 PP ✅

1er 😎

I Finished suzuka in p3 with the peugeot l750r +rm +im on hard difficulty.
Wilk was literally standing before the finishing line... I thought he ran out of fuel, but usually these cars still move.

Finally completed Menu Book No. 42 this weekend by winning my one remaining race at St. Croix - C. I really wanted to drive it cleanly and get the CRB, but it turned to be a much bigger challenge than I expected. Part of that is due to the fact that I didn’t know how much I could get away with and still get the CRB.

I spent countless hours trying to ace it. The irony here was that St. Croix - C was actually the easiest of the 3 races in terms of catching up to the leading AI cars, but it was the toughest in terms of staying clean and trying not to bump into or get bumped by the AI cars. In the end, I finally stopped caring and just wanted to win the race and be done with it. I did manage to get the CRB, but it wasn’t entirely clean. It was hard to focus and concentrate though after getting into the lead in the early part of lap 2, but I ended up beating the 2nd place car by almost a minute and lapped two cars on the last lap.

The car setup I used was based on praiano63's Suzuka setup, but it understeered way too much on this track, so I tweaked it a bit trying to dial out the understeer, which unfortunately wasn’t all that successful….

I also have to admit that I wasn’t all that familiar with St. Croix - C before attempting this race, and luckily I was able to re-learn it using the Circuit Experience, and I was able to set a new personal record today after driving so many laps of the circuit trying to ace the darn race....

Bahn, tweak Praiano63's set up to the photos. lightening and no push !!!

Attachments

• 20230130_014928.jpg
    20230130_014928.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 58
  • 20230130_015116.jpg
    20230130_015116.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 56
After 4 attempts, finally nailed it. Was driving on autopilot 🤣

View attachment 1155765

View attachment 1155766

View attachment 1155767
Am currently using this car for Daytona. Good thing about this car is if using RH tires, these tires can last through 10 laps but the downforce has to be set at default which is higher downforce. If driven on setting 2 of fuel map, only 1 pit stop can be managed at the end of lap 6.

Strangely, this F1 car is still no good. Did 3 or 4 tries by altering the downforce or changing the fuel map settings but have only managed 5th at best.

Did You keep the power setting at 1 & fuel map too at 1? I also had to minimize the power a little to fit under 950PP.

Out of the 3 races, I've managed to only win one till now - Suzuka with Red Bull X Competition. The Suzuka race is the most tricky as we all know because of weather change. I had tried 2 or 3 times before I got a bit lucky. Before reaching Spoon curve on lap 5, it started to rain. The leaders were already on the main straight starting lap 6. I went to the pits & put wets.

On lap 8, it stopped raining & the track got a bit dry but had damp patches. Here's where I go even more lucky. The lead cars went back into the pits to change from wets to softs but I continued on & took the lead whilst staying on wets. By the time they came out of the pits on softs, I had a good lead & managed to keep it.

Out of the 3 races, I've managed to only win one till now - Suzuka with Red Bull X Competition. The Suzuka race is the most tricky as we all know because of weather change. I had tried 2 or 3 times before I got a bit lucky. Before reaching Spoon curve on lap 5, it started to rain. The leaders were already on the main straight starting lap 6. I went to the pits & put wets.

On lap 8, it stopped raining & the track got a bit dry but had damp patches. Here's where I go even more lucky. The lead cars went back into the pits to change from wets to softs but I continued on & took the lead whilst staying on wets. By the time they came out of the pits on softs, I had a good lead & managed to keep it.
This is a great example of why this race is so dumb. Winning it has very little to do with how well you drive, and is rather mostly a product of whether the lead AI does something incredibly stupid or not.

The Honda and Toyota Super Formula Cars are very capable in the Gr.1 Prototype events. Should be able to get ~ 1:45 laps at Suzuka. They are super easy to drive and very grippy. The top speed is not very high but it has a built in “overtake” feature that’s useful in the straights. The Red Bull is fun but the torque can cause the tires to slip very easily. I haven’t put in the proper time it needs to balance/tune.

Now that the Legend Dealership had been selling classic Group C cars. I'm finally making my way through these last couple menus. I won Daytona with the 787B. That thing is a rocket around the banked turns. Huge overtaking can be done there. I dont remember if I pitted just once or if I went in for a splash of fuel on a second pit, but I ended up winning by passing the leader on the last banked turn toward the finish line.

I tried the 787B at Suzuka and that car is not happy on that track. Wheel spin city even with Racing softs and lots of traction control. Also tried the Nissan R92CP and that one didnt work either. I think they are too powerful for the track and rely on lots of downforce to maintain traction. I think I'm going to have to buy the Toyota or Honda Gr.1 cars to compete there. Less power but the hybrid systems should give them good power out of the corners.

Haven't tried Sainte-Croix yet.

Now that the Legend Dealership had been selling classic Group C cars. I'm finally making my way through these last couple menus. I won Daytona with the 787B. That thing is a rocket around the banked turns. Huge overtaking can be done there. I dont remember if I pitted just once or if I went in for a splash of fuel on a second pit, but I ended up winning by passing the leader on the last banked turn toward the finish line.

I tried the 787B at Suzuka and that car is not happy on that track. Wheel spin city even with Racing softs and lots of traction control. Also tried the Nissan R92CP and that one didnt work either. I think they are too powerful for the track and rely on lots of downforce to maintain traction. I think I'm going to have to buy the Toyota or Honda Gr.1 cars to compete there. Less power but the hybrid systems should give them good power out of the corners.

Haven't tried Sainte-Croix yet.
Love the classic Gr.1’s, they are so versatile, especially the 787b. I wish there were events between 800-950pp, like 850/875 where they could be opened up a little more. From what I’ve heard, they’ve been nerfed so that older tunes could be 40+pp higher now.

I did the Suzuka WTC 800 & Prototype 950 today with it; for sure it’s a different animal at 950 and have to tame it when it has that much power. I ran it on TCS 1 but also lowered the fuel map to 2 to have better control of wheel spin when the turbo kicks in, Fuel map 1 I was all over the place. I still had to be mindful with throttle & rpm range. I upped the front downforce to like 825 and rear was 1500 I think. I had the gears start with first ending at 150kph and then 55-60kph between 2-3-4 and 70kph between 4-5.

I beat it first race on soft tires but have to pit so often its crazy, I ran them all the way bald at the finish. 2nd time I went out with mediums, not as nice but lasted longer and switched to soft for last few laps.

I think the Super Formula is fun because it’s unique and easy to drive but the slow top end have to really nail the corners.

Last edited:
Bahn, tweak Praiano63's set up to the photos. lightening and no push !!!
Thanks, that's a pretty nice setup. What car was it for originally? I gave it a go and was messing around with it. It still understeered in the high speed stuff, but mechanical grip in the slow stuff was much better with the RM tires. I still preferred to have a bit more downforce though, so I made some slight changes to the setup (mainly the wings and the ride height), but I didn’t customize the gear ratios as the McLaren VGT (Gr.1) has only 6 gears, and the output adjustment and the power restrictor were all at 100%.

I was a bit surprised that I could fit RM tires with this setup and still kept the PP under 950. The RM tires did offer more mechanical grip, but they did go off slightly starting on the 4th lap. I didn’t have any concerns with tire wear or losing grip with the RH tires before.

Anyhow, I did another race with this setup and set the fastest time of 2:47.768 on the 2nd lap without drafting any AI cars on the long straights (I got into the lead before the end of the 1st lap). I ended up lapping like 5 AI cars on the last lap and got the CRB as well, even though I spun out big time and hit the wall at the last corner of the last lap (losing 8 to 9 seconds in the process). This was on hard difficulty btw.

Gran Turismo® 7_20230201003826.jpg

Gran Turismo® 7_20230131181336.jpg

Where can I find a good setup for the TS030?

I installed racing transmission which made the car more sweet but a setup would make the car a winner!

Where can I find a good setup for the TS030?

I installed racing transmission which made the car more sweet but a setup would make the car a winner!
You could just try the setup I used above. I don’t think the setup from indycarmarc was for the McLaren VGT (Gr.1), but it still worked pretty well for the car. If you still need to tune it, just try adjusting the wings, ride height, or anti-roll bar first.

You could just try the setup I used above. I don’t think the setup from indycarmarc was for the McLaren VGT (Gr.1), but it still worked pretty well for the car. If you still need to tune it, just try adjusting the wings, ride height, or anti-roll bar first.
I used the setup. Pretty fine but I again kept my original downforce setting of the TS030 as the 2 long straights need lower downforce. I achieved 2nd because of RM tires. I always used RH for longer life & no need to change tires during the pitstop. The RM tires apart from giving better grip & traction also aid the TS030 in better high end speed through acceleration.

Today after a few tries, I won the Sainte-Cronx track with the TS030. Apart from being as clean as possible to lap consistently close to the fastest lap, 2 other factors played a crucial role in the victory. There was no A. Wilk & I was on RM tires which offered durability & grip.

Just won Suzuka with the stock E-tron after about a month of trying on and off. Easily one of the most difficult victories I've ever earned and it required the weather to go just right. Started dumping down rain right after the leaders began lap 4, so I pit and came in for inters. I was able to start working my way past nearly everyone in one lap even after the long pitstop (Electric cars take forEVER to charge in this game) since they were on slicks and cycled out to the lead. I got passed by the AI on lap 5 who came out on full wets, but by the end of lap 5, the track was dry enough for inters, so they all pit again. By lap 7 I was out of charge again and had to pit one more time. Gambled and took a set of RH tires, which worked out because, by the time my stop was over, the track was just barely dry enough to be faster on slicks. I was making up some time to the leaders, and they all pit again at the start of lap 8 to take softs. Had to defend like mad against Hizal and Miyazano for two laps, but with the track still sort of wet thanks to some much-needed green patches on the radar rolling through, none of them could make an off-line pass and make it stick, so it was just a matter of camping out on the racing line and keeping it on the island.

Honestly wondering if anyone else has been neurotic enough to try to win that race with a similar self-imposed handicap haha.

messages_0.jpeg

Last edited:
Back