Mercedes AMG GT (2016 SLS "successor"?)

Do you think Mercedes should make the SLC?

• Yes, but I don't have a preference towards any of the renders

Votes: 20 39.2%
  • Yes, render 1, please!

Votes: 5 9.8%
  • Yes, I would like render 2

Votes: 8 15.7%
  • Yes, render 3 for me

Votes: 9 17.6%
  • No, that is a stupid idea that could only be created by infantile eggheads.

Votes: 9 17.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
AMG GT Black Series leaked

107494635_1172039396464155_594108626647132952_n.jpg

107082180_662292541034611_8154495288603218556_n.jpg

106906364_110820803911253_311631132343089181_n.jpg

107035102_278706953411120_8132071426480235413_n.jpg

Source
Damn.

The looks are spoiled by the gaping mouth, otherwise it would look imposing as hell

Somehow the rear end mostly makes me think that Mansory would come up with, or any of the other tasteless tuner companies for wealthy people. Having the rear hatch in carbon fiber (not sure if it is) or black doesn't look good.

https://www.motor1.com/news/433952/2021-mercedes-amg-gt-black-series-reveal/

Officially announced

mercedes-amg-gt-black-series-2020.jpg

It's a brand new engine called the M178 LS2, a twin turbo 4 liter flat-plane-crank V8 making 720 hp

The engine is connected to a reinforced seven-speed DCT gearbox

0 to 60 mph in 3.1 seconds and 124 mph in less than nine seconds. The top speed is 202 mph

"The grille is larger, as is the front bumper which incorporates a manually adjustable splitter. The hood and fenders gain big vents to aid both cooling and aerodynamic efficiency. Larger side sill panels merge into blades front and rear, and speaking of the back, a new rear bumper gets a double diffuser with a massive two-piece spoiler up top. The upper portion of the wing can be adjusted electronically by up to 20 degrees, with both wings offering manual adjustments as well."

It shares the same adjustable coilovers from the AMG GT R

Mercedes looked at every other manufacturer coming out with a bonkers mad track toy and said "halte mein Weißbier und schau dir das an"

That stupid grille :lol:

At least it looks more at home on a track weapon than the sleeker GT3. Still doesn't look nice...

I like the overall look of that car, but that grill is still so damn ungainly. I'm surprised that they managed to make it even bigger than the one on the lower-trim models.

Also, I do adore the fact that this new engine is being called the LS2. :lol:

Curious to see what kind of laptimes it can crank out. The AMG GT Pro is already a very track-focused car, and the Black looks to be much more powerful and even lighter than it.

As long as Mercedes is dedicated to front-engine GT cars and race cars, the Viper needs to exist. Come on Dodge, what the hell.

Dominating the market that a Viper should be competing in. In racing, too.

That's actually unfortunate because I can already see the wheelbase proportions are less radical than the current AMG GT. The current car has a tremendous amount of space between the A-pillar and front wheel and a relatively very short front overhang. It's a pretty small car but looks long which is good design for a coupe. It also has a relatively long rear overhang, again a very traditional coupe portportion. The new car already looks more lame than the current one.

2015-mercedes-amg-gt-006-1-1050x699.jpg

That's actually unfortunate because I can already see the wheelbase proportions are less radical than the current AMG GT. The current car has a tremendous amount of space between the A-pillar and front wheel and a relatively very short front overhang. It's a pretty small car but looks long which is good design for a coupe. It also has a relatively long rear overhang, again a very traditional coupe portportion. The new car already looks more lame than the current one.

View attachment 1107624
The same fate the Land Rovers are dealt. Not much sculpting in the shape.

Newest images of the AMG GT showing 2+2 layout and charge port

mercedes-amg-gt-coupe-phev-spy-photo.jpg

A cutout in the rear bumper's disguise shows a cap for the charging port, revealing the prototype had a plug-in hybrid setup. Those squared exhaust tips suggest it's a hotter version of the GT Coupe, so it might be packing a V8 underneath that long hood. AMG could have found a way to cram in the intricate PHEV setup of the GT 63 S E Performance. If that's the case, look for a colossal output of 843 horsepower and 1,084 pound-feet (1,470 Newton-meters) of torque.

If you've been wondering whether the second-generation AMG GT Coupe will remain a two-seat affair or not, one of the spy shots shows it'll be a more practical car. We can clearly see a pair of rear-seat headrests, revealing the sports coupe will adopt a 2+2 layout to echo the SL roadster. The yellow "high-voltage" sticker on the rear glass reconfirms we're dealing with a test vehicle powered by a plug-in hybrid setup.

Don't go into thinking the GT Coupe will only be an AMG-ified SL with a fixed top because it's actually the other way around. The Sport Leicht was developed from day one by the performance division to supersede the GT Roadster. Weight will be a concern seeing as how the GT 63 S E Performance combines the twin-turbo 4.0-liter V8 with a 6.1-kWh battery pack and a 204-hp electric motor. That being said, the GT Coupe with the same PHEV setup should be lighter considering the smaller body.

Well that's interesting. A week ago news broke claiming that MB plans to drastically cut the amount of coupes in its lineup, and now they're making a 2+2 AMG GT?

Is this on a new platform? It looks significantly less athletic than the current car which has pretty extreme cab-rearward proportions, almost like a viper. This looks a lot more ordinary.

Is this on a new platform? It looks significantly less athletic than the current car which has pretty extreme cab-rearward proportions, almost like a viper. This looks a lot more ordinary.
Yes, it's essentially the SL but in coupe form, rather than convertible

Next generation AMG GT will be based on the Modular Sports Architecture (MSA), the same one underpinning the brand new SL

1642840380211.png

1642840389977.png

1642840401003.png

It seems like the GT will likely just be a coupe version of the SL

1642840442509.png

Back