Mercedes AMG GT (2016 SLS "successor"?)

Do you think Mercedes should make the SLC?

• Yes, but I don't have a preference towards any of the renders

Votes: 20 39.2%
  • Yes, render 1, please!

Votes: 5 9.8%
  • Yes, I would like render 2

Votes: 8 15.7%
  • Yes, render 3 for me

Votes: 9 17.6%
  • No, that is a stupid idea that could only be created by infantile eggheads.

Votes: 9 17.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Didn't manage to get a picture of the AMG GT (as far as I can tell, still working through photos...), however I did get one of these...

IMG_3478.JPG

And an AMG SL 63...

IMG_3479.JPG

And one of these...

IMG_3481.JPG

Come on - own up - who put that there ? :crazy: :lol:

IMG_3482.JPG

So, is there actually a point to the SL anymore? With the S-Class Cabriolet and now the GT, Mercedes offers 3 luxurious open top cars... And I'd argue that both the S and the GT look better as well.

Will the aero package be carried over the the coupe? I find the GT Roadster and GT C so much better looking, the base model coupe looks far too tame.

Not a fan of the silly slashes behind the rear wheels. The original looks cleaner without them; more pure. They even exist — on a more sedated level — on the non-AMG C-Class Coupes, and they don't look great there either.

Convertible looks waaay better than the coupe. But it's still ugly. Still not digging the rear end of 2 door Mercs.

Is the GT C going to be a mid point between the GT S and GT R or is it replacing the GT S? It's because I've seen no mention of a GT S Roadster.

Not a fan of the silly slashes behind the rear wheels. The original looks cleaner without them; more pure. They even exist — on a more sedated level — on the non-AMG C-Class Coupes, and they don't look great there either.

It appears those are only on the GT-C model, which appears to also have the GT-Rs wider rear fenders

Is the GT C going to be a mid point between the GT S and GT R or is it replacing the GT S? It's because I've seen no mention of a GT S Roadster.

The GT C trim has only been announced for the Roadster so far. Performance wise, the GT C sits between the GT S Coupe and GT R with a number of features being borrowed from the latter model. There is no mention of a revised coupe lineup or a GT S Roadster yet.

Rather surprisingly, it doesn't actually look bad at all. The AMG GT certainly works better as a convertible than as a coupe.

Will the aero package be carried over the the coupe? I find the GT Roadster and GT C so much better looking, the base model coupe looks far too tame.

I'm satisfied now! 👍

So what's the GT C? The GT is the base model, the GT S is a faster model, the GT R is the super fast model. What's the C then?

So what's the GT C? The GT is the base model, the GT S is a faster model, the GT R is the super fast model. What's the C then?

The GT C is a middle ground between the GT S and the GT R. Think of it as AMG's 911 GTS.

Now that they replaced the horizontal streak with the vertical grille and made the front bumper more aggressive-looking, the GT S looks much better to me. The original grille makes the headlights look too slanted IMO.
The GT S now is the best-looking of all the Mercedes GTs to me. The bodywork on the GT R and GT C is too aggressive for the GT, and the rear vent between the taillights doesn't help either. I don't like the original grille on the base GT. The black rims suit the GT S very well, though I'd prefer the car in matte or metallic grey. But the GT S is still nowhere near the SLS AMG in terms of aesthetics.
And I still can't figure out why somebody would need 4 air conditioning vents at the centre console.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back