Mercedes AMG GT (2016 SLS "successor"?)

Do you think Mercedes should make the SLC?

• Yes, but I don't have a preference towards any of the renders

Votes: 20 39.2%
  • Yes, render 1, please!

Votes: 5 9.8%
  • Yes, I would like render 2

Votes: 8 15.7%
  • Yes, render 3 for me

Votes: 9 17.6%
  • No, that is a stupid idea that could only be created by infantile eggheads.

Votes: 9 17.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The AMG GT-R Pro has arrived with enhanced aero and track-ready tweaks
91ebed7b-2020-mercedes-amg-gt-and-amg-gt-r-pro-1.jpg

a03325ca-2020-mercedes-amg-gt-and-amg-gt-r-pro-65.jpg

Plus the rest of the range now features these new gorgeous laser lights and a modified rear diffuser
68abedc3-2020-mercedes-amg-gt-and-amg-gt-r-pro-34.jpg

4cd2a818-2020-mercedes-amg-gt-and-amg-gt-r-pro-28.jpg

I wish AMG stuck with the black series naming. I mean it's bad enough they bit off of the GT R naming from Nissan now they biting off Aston Martin with Pro. Nothing wrong with the name Mercedes-Benz AMG GT black series.

I wish AMG stuck with the black series naming. I mean it's bad enough they bit off of the GT R naming from Nissan now they biting off Aston Martin with Pro. Nothing wrong with the name Mercedes-Benz AMG GT black series.
There will be a GT Black Series. The GT R Pro is a one year only special I think.

bit off of the GT R naming from Nissan
:odd:

One imagines if the intent was to do that, they'd have done so right off the bat instead of first offering a GT S that touted performance superior to the GT and then a GT C with performance that exceeds that of the GT S. While I don't actually know what the C is supposed to denote (perhaps "Competition", though racing is indeed competition) "GT R" (note the space between the second and third letters, consistent with the other trim designations) strikes me as a logical evolution in designation between trims that offer increasingly greater performance.

:odd:

One imagines if the intent was to do that, they'd have done so right off the bat instead of first offering a GT S that touted performance superior to the GT and then a GT C with performance that exceeds that of the GT S. While I don't actually know what the C is supposed to denote (perhaps "Competition", though racing is indeed competition) "GT R" (note the space between the second and third letters, consistent with the other trim designations) strikes me as a logical evolution in designation between trims that offer increasingly greater performance.
I'm also compelled to mention this beaut:

ld350gtr.JPG

Bridgestone is best known for tires, but was building motorized bicycles in the early '50s and then actual motorcycles starting in 1958. In 1967, Bridgestone introduced a pair of bikes with a 350cc rotary valve 2-stroke twin, the 350 GTR and GTO (I myself owned one of the latter about 25 years ago).
Now, I'm given to understand that Nissan's GT-R didn't bow until two years after that.

Of course this isn't to say that Nissan stole the model designation either.

What a stupid though, "pro". So the "normal" GT-R owners are all noobs or what?
I agree it's silly, but there seems to be a reason for that as well. No comment on whether that reason justifies the silliness.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/2020-mercedes-amg-gt-r-pro-photos-info

Not content to rest on its laurels, Mercedes-AMG has revealed a new version of the range-topping GT R, which promises to be lighter and even faster around a racetrack. Called the GT R Pro, it's a special edition inspired by AMG's race cars, and it will only be available for the 2020 model year.
It seems the designation was chosen to suggest a more significant connection to the race cars used by...well...the professional racers. In other words, more money in the Germans' pockets.

There will be a GT Black Series. The GT R Pro is a one year only special I think.
That's what I'm seeing as well. Judging by this video, the green GTR looks to essentially be the Pro as the front (along with the rear and entire lower body at 2 points) is masked where as the completely camo'd model has more aggressive aero work. It's top canards extend across the lower vents, there are some fins along the upper fenders, and the rear is sporting a "make-shift" quad exhaust with the middle section closed.
amg.jpg

amg1.jpg

Speaking of the new GT3 model:

2020-mercedes-amg-gt3-race-car_100704776_h.jpg

2020-mercedes-amg-gt3-race-car_100704785_h.jpg

A redesign of the front section offers better protection for front-mounted components like the radiator. Aero elements like the front splitter and rear wing have also been tweaked so that they can be adjusted much faster than before.

New technologies include an automatic data logger and analysis system, a function to automatically start the engine when the car is lowered from its in-built air jacks, and brake and traction control systems designed to suit the latest generation of competition tires.

Rather than use the GT road car’s 4.0-liter twin-turbocharged V-8, the engineers have stuck with the 6.3-liter V-8 of the current GT3. AMG cited low operating costs, long service intervals, user-friendly technology and, not least, great reliability as key reasons for staying with the previous engine. Connecting the engine with the gearbox is a driveshaft and torque tube composed of carbon fiber.

Finally, the exterior of the car has been updated to match the latest design found on the 2020 GT road car, with the key details being the new lights and enlarged grille.

The price tag for the 2020 GT3 in its standard setup is 399,000 euros (approximately $451,740). The good news for teams running the existing GT3, AMG will offer an upgrade package for the older cars to bring them up to the same specifications of the 2020 GT3.

https://www.motorauthority.com/news...arper-gt3-race-car-for-2020-motorsport-season

I'm personally not a fan of the new gaping grill. Here's a comparison with the current GT3:

2020-mercedes-amg-gt3-race-car_100704777_h.jpg

asset.MQ6.12.20180115103525.jpeg

Earlier this year, I spotted a Mercedes-Benz AMG GT in a parking lot once. It was cool seeing one of those. Never have I thought the AMG GT was a sorry car. It may not be totally in-your-face and brash, but it is a lovely automobile.

Some people thought the AMG GT lacks character in its design, so I guess making the grill meaner up front and adding an aggressive undertray at the rear. I often fancy elegance over aggression. With this GT3 variant, the bigger grill does seem a lot silly.

...I think it looks fine; not an improvement but acceptable. Hope debris getting jammed and messing things up won't be a problem because that seems like it would be a cause for concern now.

Each new AMG raises the aggro bar even higher. How much angrier-looking can a car get? We're almost at Michael Bay Transformers/aftermarket Jeep grill levels of mad-face.

Latest Posts

Back