Mercedes AMG GT (2016 SLS "successor"?)

Do you think Mercedes should make the SLC?

• Yes, but I don't have a preference towards any of the renders

Votes: 20 39.2%
  • Yes, render 1, please!

Votes: 5 9.8%
  • Yes, I would like render 2

Votes: 8 15.7%
  • Yes, render 3 for me

Votes: 9 17.6%
  • No, that is a stupid idea that could only be created by infantile eggheads.

Votes: 9 17.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It will be called Mercedes-AMG GT

Here a teaser image of it that was shown during the S-class AMG coupe unveiling
x64cuqqsefcpncfuyfyq.jpg

official images of the interior
Mercedes-AMG-GT-00%25255B3%25255D.jpg

Mercedes-AMG-GT-02%25255B3%25255D.jpg
OP edited! đź‘Ť

Not liking the name but from the silhouette is does look like what it should look like (if that make sense).

So this sits between the SL and SLS right?

Are they sure they have enough air vents :lol: On a side note the new S Class interior is amazing.

The SL 65AMG is alot more expensive than this car will be.

SL class = heavy Gran Turismos
AMG GT = a beautiful and nice sounding 911 :P

So, it should just be AMG GT. It'll probably have a three-pointed star fore and aft. As if people wouldn't associate that with the brand.

The SL 65AMG is alot more expensive than this car will be.

SL class = heavy Gran Turismos
AMG GT = a beautiful and nice sounding 911 :P

Really?
The SL65 will cost more than the SLS replacement?
I find that hard to believe. Any sources?

That aside.
I doubt people will have a hard time recognizing the company responsible for this car if it only says Mercedes-AMG without Benz.

Really?

That aside.
I doubt people will have a hard time recognizing the company responsible for this car if it only says Mercedes-AMG without Benz.

http://www.caranddriver.com/mercedes-benz/sl63-sl65-amg#

An SL65 starts at around $200,000 and is targeted at GT cars like the DB9, XKR-S etc.

http://www.carscoops.com/2014/03/scoop-new-mercedes-benz-gt-amg-shaping.html

The AMG GT is smaller and looking at the 911/F-Type crowd, so it'll likely be in the $100,000-$150,000 range.

Last edited:
Really?

That aside.

I meant the AMG GT which will cost alot less than a SL65. You can check the Merc homepage and configurate your own SL65 if you want :)

IIRC a SL65 is more expensive than a SLS.

I meant the AMG GT which will cost alot less than a SL65. You can check the Merc homepage and configurate your own SL65 if you want :)

IIRC a SL65 is more expensive than a SLS.

I thought that seemed ridiculous, but it's true. The SLS is about 200k and the SL65 is around 215k. Seems insane to me. Who would pick an SL over an SLS?

I thought that seemed ridiculous, but it's true. The SLS is about 200k and the SL65 is around 215k. Seems insane to me. Who would pick an SL over an SLS?
Two words: ride quality. Most people who can afford a 200 grand car are older, and older people like cars that have some suppleness in the ride.

I knew the SL65 was just over 200k but I really thought the SLS was around 300 (like 280 to be more precise) and that was part of my mistake. The major issue at this point is the fact the SLS replacement (amg gt) will be in 911 territory/F-type territory. That's a price cut of roughly 50%. :eek:

Amazing to think they are going to go from just over 200k to starting just under 100k and probably topping at maybe 150. :confused:
Of course, there is the far out possibility they were being very liberal with their use of 911 and actually intend to compete with the 180k crowd that one or two Porsches can approach.

Remember, this will leave room for potential BLACK SERIES, spartan AMG GT-GT3 road car or what ever specials AMG will make for the AMG GT. We could even see a Vision GT type of car to slot above the SL or just below in the SLS price range.

I read rumours about a new SLR and a true SLS successor coming in a few years. Until then I am fine with the AMG GT :)
(Well, Its not like I could afford either xD)

Recent Auto Bild had a rather big article about the AMG GT. Sadly, it looks like only the "S" version will have 494hp, the basic one has 30 less.
Good news: It seems like BMW is building a 911 competitor too with the new 6 series :)

Reminds me a bit of the Mercedes-Benz AMG Vision Gran Turismo "We couldn't make the name longer".

Atleast the side profile, far less outrageous looking too and certainly not sporting giant wheels and eight exhausts.

Back