Mercedes AMG GT (2016 SLS "successor"?)

Do you think Mercedes should make the SLC?

• Yes, but I don't have a preference towards any of the renders

Votes: 20 39.2%
  • Yes, render 1, please!

Votes: 5 9.8%
  • Yes, I would like render 2

Votes: 8 15.7%
  • Yes, render 3 for me

Votes: 9 17.6%
  • No, that is a stupid idea that could only be created by infantile eggheads.

Votes: 9 17.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It looks real to me

It is photoshoped

The rear of the car as been reavealed in driveclub, and it doesn't look like this picture.

Here is one of the driveclub screenshots (I modified it so we could see better):

1409949395-9873561672025211685.jpg

The front of the car is fine. The back is rather odd, I want to say Porsche like but it's really not. That center console is rather large and for some reason reminds me of a butte rising out of the leather around it.

I think they screwed up on the headlights. Does anyone else think this would look rad with simple, circular headlight housings?

Mercedes_300SL_Coupe_vr_silver_EMS.jpg

I for whatever reason feel like the SLS will be a timeless car, the styling just has that look about it, but the new AMG GT... No, it looks like the rest of Merc's current lineup, it doesn't look timeless. And it most certainly isn't pretty. The front is alright, but the back is just awful. Though I'll give it some time, maybe I'll adjust. But I think I'll stick to drooling over the SLS.

This seems more like the 300SL than the SLS. I like both, but I think I prefer the SLS for the reasons @Skython listed. I don't find the GT ugly, but it uses Mercs current design language which makes cars look really boring. the proportions are there, there are some good lines, but it's just not soulful enough. Add to the fact that it'll have an auto or a DCT, and I'd have an F-Type coupe over this by far.

Merc's really insistent on that weird, three-dimensional starry-night grille, aren't they? Still looks off. It seems like a really colour-sensitive shape; it looks all sorts of awkward at Monza in red, the profile looking like a bad Photoshop of a Cayman top dropped onto the existing SLS' main body. But then in the liquid silver @Cano posts, the profile shot looks far more elegant, with curves and shapes that highlight how slab-sided the SLS is, comparatively. I like how much the rear lights emphasize the width of the car, and while those headlights are an ugly, unusual shape, it's still less gawky than its predecessor.

I for whatever reason feel like the SLS will be a timeless car, the styling just has that look about it, but the new AMG GT... No, it looks like the rest of Merc's current lineup, it doesn't look timeless. And it most certainly isn't pretty. The front is alright, but the back is just awful. Though I'll give it some time, maybe I'll adjust. But I think I'll stick to drooling over the SLS.

But that front-end! The SLS was an improvement on the gauche SLR before it, but it was still pretty heavy-handed.

This seems more like the 300SL than the SLS. I like both, but I think I prefer the SLS for the reasons @Skython listed. I don't find the GT ugly, but it uses Mercs current design language which makes cars look really boring. the proportions are there, there are some good lines, but it's just not soulful enough. Add to the fact that it'll have an auto or a DCT, and I'd have an F-Type coupe over this by far.

...but they're both auto-only. :confused:

...but they're both auto-only. :confused:
I know, but what I'm saying is that if the Merc were offered with a manual it would give it something over the Jag. As it is now, I don't see any reason to get the GT over the Jag.

I'm digging it! Has some 911 and Z4 influence, but that's not bad. Looks more sporty than the SLS.
Can't wait for the GT3 version.

I think this car looks great but in my opinion, the most beautiful car MB has ever produced is the SLS. It's perfect.

But i do prefer this car than the F-Type.

I know, but what I'm saying is that if the Merc were offered with a manual it would give it something over the Jag. As it is now, I don't see any reason to get the GT over the Jag.

Fuel economy, turbocharged snobbery, not looking like a cock.

It looks too much like an SL in the front. Now I'm going to be turning my head like an idiot at ever SL that goes by, thinking it's an AMG GT.

Oh, and the name bothers me. I think it's the first ever Mercedes that doesn't have a number in it's name (except the CLK-GTR) yet they still didn't give it an actual name, just an overused acronym that has appeared in different trims on probably 25% of the world's sports cars.

I loved how absolutely stately and unashamedly resplendent the SLS was. It was a mic drop. A headshot. An elegant sledgehammer. This looks a little more cretin and vague. Like Sir Christopher Wren vs Robert Stern. Not a fan.

I think it's the first ever Mercedes that doesn't have a number in it's name (
Have we already forgotten about the SLS?

The car looks great. I'm honestly just happy about these new competitors in the $80-100k sports car range. Now we wait for Aston's response with the V8 Vantage successor.

Latest Posts

Back