Mercedes AMG GT (2016 SLS "successor"?)

Do you think Mercedes should make the SLC?

• Yes, but I don't have a preference towards any of the renders

Votes: 20 39.2%
  • Yes, render 1, please!

Votes: 5 9.8%
  • Yes, I would like render 2

Votes: 8 15.7%
  • Yes, render 3 for me

Votes: 9 17.6%
  • No, that is a stupid idea that could only be created by infantile eggheads.

Votes: 9 17.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Oh, I am serious SLS AMG now. I want to see what this looks like.

Also, :lol: at the naming. Sounds like they want to take a jab at Nissan.

Well they couldn't name it GT3 because "Porsche Triggered" so GT-R is the next best thing I guess.

Well they couldn't name it GT3 because "Porsche Triggered" so GT-R is the next best thing I guess.

They could have called it the RGT (I know, ruf, but it's way less common), or the GRT, or the QGT, or the YGT, or the LBGT. We're so uncreative that we have to use the same three letters someone else is using for a different sports car? Wow.

The only way a Black Series would work is if they go down the Porsche 911 Route; GT-R to face the GT3 RS (Mass-produced hardcore track spec) and the Black Series to compete with the GT2 RS (More powerful limited run model)

Leaked shots of the Mercedes-AMG GT R. Green would not be my first colour of choice, looks like a frog! :boggled:
amg-gt-r--576d12fa2e488.jpg

amg-gtr-2-576d14e68518d.jpeg

amg-gtr-4-576d14fc091f5.jpeg

I kind of like the green, actually. "Green Hell" is such an appropriate name for it.

Power, torque, and weight figures are about where I'd expect. All very impressive. Interesting that they're further mimicking Porsche with the introduction of rear-wheel steer. AMG sounds very serious.

After sitting in one last year, I'm a big fan of the S version, so I'm looking forward to seeing how this fairs once the magazines start testing it against the rest of the class.

Saw an AMG GT on the road the other day when I was driving around town and OMG it is so awesome. Might be my new favorite car for the time being. Such a presence on the road, saw it a mile away and couldn't keep my eyes off it.

Why do cars have these stupid vents between the rear lights? It ruined the 488 for me and it's the same here.

Here, on the 488 and the AMG GT R:
EePdxjD.jpg

k6l5JnY.jpg

They probably have a function, but it just looks like the car has a moustache. Or, I guess more appropriately, butthair.

Here, on the 488 and the AMG GT R:
EePdxjD.jpg

k6l5JnY.jpg

They probably have a function, but it just looks like the car has a moustache. Or, I guess more appropriately, butthair.
Could be venting for the gearbox or something. I know some cars have the gearbox mounted in odd places for better weight distribution.

Could be venting for the gearbox or something. I know some cars have the gearbox mounted in odd places for better weight distribution.
Ferrari's is actually patented as a Blown Spoiler that creates downforce without increasing drag. Air gets pushed down through the base of the rear glass and out that middle slot.

It will be interesting to see what Mercedes' reasoning is, but Ferrari claims they did that to avoid placing any sort of spoiler on the car which is what Merc. did anyway.

That vent looks appaling.

The rear is already as perfect as can be. Finally a good looking Merc for God knows how long.

Back