Michael Schumacher badly hurt in ski accident

• Thread starter ZoidFile
  • 727 comments
Don't worry, I don't support the Daily Mail (or Dale Maily - let's see who gets that reference!)

http://f1grandprix.motorionline.com/schumacher-lex-medico-fia-meglio-preprararsi-al-peggio/
Google translate

According to Gary Hartstein , a former doctor of the FIA, "it will be better to prepare for the worst " concerning the conditions of Michael Schumacher, still in hospital in Grenoble in induced coma after skiing accident in late December.

According Harstein longer require the attempts of revival of the seven times F1 world champion and the less likely will be his complete recovery .

Hartstein heavily criticized first aid to the German: "I think there were obvious errors in the initial treatment of Michael , I was told by reliable sources who had access to this information ." The German was in fact initially taken by helicopter to hospital in Moutiers , without a neurological unit .

Only after Schumacher was transferred to Grenoble , " losing an hour or maybe more. It is not possible to say what could have changed an hour or two in his house , but most neurologists would say are essential , "he concluded Hartstein .

This is for all the genious criticizing me for blaming the time wasted right after the crash. And some of you told to be medic or paramedic, boasting such knowledge. We are in good hands.....

Poor Schumi.

http://f1grandprix.motorionline.com/schumacher-lex-medico-fia-meglio-preprararsi-al-peggio/
Google translate

According to Gary Hartstein , a former doctor of the FIA, "it will be better to prepare for the worst " concerning the conditions of Michael Schumacher, still in hospital in Grenoble in induced coma after skiing accident in late December.

According Harstein longer require the attempts of revival of the seven times F1 world champion and the less likely will be his complete recovery .

Hartstein heavily criticized first aid to the German: "I think there were obvious errors in the initial treatment of Michael , I was told by reliable sources who had access to this information ." The German was in fact initially taken by helicopter to hospital in Moutiers , without a neurological unit .

Only after Schumacher was transferred to Grenoble , " losing an hour or maybe more. It is not possible to say what could have changed an hour or two in his house , but most neurologists would say are essential , "he concluded Hartstein .

This is for all the genious criticizing me for blaming the time wasted right after the crash. And some of you told to be medic or paramedic, boasting such knowledge. We are in good hands.....

Poor Schumi.

Once again, read the original words. The story was picked up by the British press, twisted, and is now being reported in several languages including the article above.

I don't see him "heavily criticize" anything, where was the source for that?

The only criticism I read from him came from MSC's pre-hospital treatment. I thought he went out of his way to say that he thought his treatment after he got to the hospital was likely nothing short of stellar.

It makes you wonder if these are the same people who report on our internal and global affairs. If so...

Hartstein is maybe a bit nervous of being overly critical of anyone in particular but dislikes the "protocol" which wastes time, atleast that's what I got from his blog post. Indeed medical protocol is very annoying, I remember when I was in a bad cycling accident, and had to sit in the Emergency room for hours with no water while the nurses counted up all my injuries, only then did they give me an IV with some fluids and morphine which I was desperate for!

One thing I think needs to be pointed out is how safe skiing and snowboarding is compared to other activities. I dont know how exactly that ties in to the first response care in this case but I think it must have relevance that serious skiing/boarding injuries are rare even in very nasty looking wipeouts.

Coriina making arrangements to take Schumacher home30 March, 2014Reports suggest that critically injured Michael Schumacher could soon be heading to the comfort of his family home.British newspapers the Daily Mail and the Sun are reporting that the Formula 1 legend’s wife Corinna is making arrangements for a $17 million medical suite so that Schumacher can continue his now three-month coma at their home on Lake Geneva.The Daily Mail report, written by Sam Creighton and Allan Hall, said Mrs Schumacher is making the arrangements after she was “told it is unlikely he (Schumacher) will ever wake up”.The correspondents quoted a 25-year friend of the Schumacher family as saying: “All the money in the world cannot fix what has happened to him.“The family are making arrangements for a future of permanent immobility.” (GMM)

This is on the Michael Schumacher "The Duestsch Legend" page.

Ha, I know one of the writers who did that piece for the DM!

Last edited:
Not being funny, but that story's really taking the biscuit...

Hard to say if it's real or not, but why wouldn't you? Money's no object and if he can lie in a room in his home then that's better than a hospital full of sick people and tube lighting.

Didn't Mrs. Frank Williams have him brought home and a 'ward' set up for him after he rolled that Sierra? This would be a similar thing but with a larger staff...

Hard to say if it's real or not, but why wouldn't you? Money's no object and if he can lie in a room in his home then that's better than a hospital full of sick people and tube lighting.

Didn't Mrs. Frank Williams have him brought home and a 'ward' set up for him after he rolled that Sierra? This would be a similar thing but with a larger staff...
Written by the Daily Mail - I can guarantee they make at least half of their stuff up. All the things that they quote family doctors as having said is almost certainly lies.

Indeed. The longer we go without official news the more hope you lose that things will change though. I really don't want to see Schumacher go the way of Ariel Sharon. Different cause of that coma of course, but it would still be really sad for him to spend years in this state. :(

I've now accepted his state, and i've now accepted there's no real chance of recovery.

Sad, but the truth.

Some news seems to be arising from his management today, as they are nearing confirmation on him moving home soon.

However, it seems as though we have some very positive news (that i'm sure @kikie will like!), as it has been confirmed that he is making some very big steps in recovery, and that a PVS (permanent vegetative state) is unlikely.

I'm beginning to have a weird feeling that this is just going to take an abnormally long amount of time. The fact that he's been almost cleared of remaining PVS must mean that he is progressing in some manner, just not quickly.

I would also say that if this wasn't Schuey in this situation, they wouldn't be alive right now.

I really hope he pulls through. I don't know what I'd do if we lost Schumacher. Please pull through Michael, please. :(

Some news seems to be arising from his management today, as they are nearing confirmation on him moving home soon.

However, it seems as though we have some very positive news (that i'm sure @kikie will like!), as it has been confirmed that he is making some very big steps in recovery, and that a PVS (permanent vegetative state) is unlikely.

Source? ;)

Huffington post? That name made me chuckle, are you sure it's not a spoof paper? :lol:

In all serous though it's great news that he's coming home.

Back