Microtransactions Have Arrived in Gran Turismo Sport

If they're gonna have microtransactions at all I think it should only be for cars that cost over 2 million.

Somehow I doubt this'll survive.

I think it will live and thrive just find, i am just waiting for them to add it to the EU shop so i can buy the F1 car again, i bought it and sold it so i could try the 787B :)

It's still ********. GTA 5 has microtransactions as well,the community didn't like it at all because you need to grind to buy stuff and this will be the same. Adding this stuff later is even worse than having it from the start, so subtle. Do you think that it's a coincidence that they are adding 2.000.000 millions cars to the game?

It's still ********. GTA 5 has microtransactions as well,the community didn't like it at all because you need to grind to buy stuff and this will be the same. Adding this stuff later is even worse than having it from the start, so subtle. Do you think that it's a coincidence that they are adding 2.000.000 millions cars to the game?

You misread the article

If you read their statement, it’s not that big of a deal. Feels a little gross but still way cheaper than playing iRacing. I personally have a majority of the cars and everything I already want in the game. And a nice pile of in game credits. No issue here. Also. **** in life isn’t free. If we want to enjoy this game into the future it does take a little investment. I’m okay with spending 15-20 bucks a year extra on a game I enjoy if it insures a more enjoyable playing experience and the future of the game.

Brazilian PS Store has only the Alpine VGT available for purchase, I don't know why :irked:
I actually wanted to buy the 2mil+ cars. :(

PD is well aware of a backlash which is why they put a hide-MT option. But I think the reason why they went ahead with the idea is cause MTs are proving to be important to the video games industry for post-launch profits. Maybe Sony was directing PD to do it. At least it was done in a sensible way, a dollar for a car instead of a cash pack.

Hey at least it isn't RNG loot boxes, and no content is exclusively locked away for people to get, unlike FM/AC/PCARS DLCs.

The in-game economy is the same, getting the cars with in-game credits and not real-world money would take you the same amount of time whether it was before or after this update, so literally nothing has changed except there's now an option to buy <2million credit cars for instant access.

It's actually funny when people say they would pay for paid DLC, but then throw a hissy fit when DLC is free and PD finds a way to support further free DLC updates without forcing you to pay real money despite the game design and economy not changing at all.

Guess some people prefer this GT5 route for some bizarre reason. It's almost as if they completely forgot GTS DLC tracks are also completely free.

GT5 DLC support

• Complete Pack ($11.99)
      • Containing Track Pack 1, Racing Car Pack 1, Racing Gear Pack 1 and Paint Pack 1.
Released December 2011Edit

Released 18th January 2012Edit

Released 27th June 2012Edit

Released 25th September 2012Edit

Well the agent forcing anyone to buy them and the option can be disabled so no big deal.

Only for <2M cars tho, kinda ridiculous. Should be for 20M cars aswell..

As several others have pointed out, the point in doing this serves two purposes. It shows that they still want something to be special to own in the game, since there is nowhere to buy it, you have to earn it, or get lucky.

And it also shows that there is a limit to their "greed", considering the amount of DLC and Microtransactions we are used to in other games this is almost bordering on hopeless capitalism if it is supposed to be greed. Usually you have expensive Unicorns that the player spends money on.
The cars are cheap, anyone that plays the game is likely to have everything they need anyway, and it is obvious that the games economy is not centered around it. The car prices are they same as when the game launched, the way to earn money is the same, it is really just an option.

Granted, the next GT game could be centered around it if this is a giant success (Hello Red Dead 2 Much MicroTransaction), but as history with GT games has shown us, it is unlikely. I personally does not care and could live without, but i will be using money when i can (2nd august for europe) and will be buying several of the cars i still need, because i can, and because i have absolutely no problem with supporting this game.

2 mil. limit doesn't make sense to me. It's the more expensive cars that people don't want to spent too much time saving up and then spending their savings all at once on a single car.

Back