MIDFIELD RACEWAY IS BACK!!! + Painted Mazda LM55 and Chapparal 2X!

• Thread starter FoRiZon
  • 633 comments
I first played Gran Turismo 2 in 1999/2000. If I want to I can go back to that game since I still have it & a PlayStation 2 slim.

You don't need the PS2 to play GT2..... the PS3 will play the PS1 discs just fine. I loaded up my GT2 on Tuesday just to do a few races at Mid Field for the nostalgia. :D

I like the replay camera angles. I'm using GT3 cars now and having the lights on all the time is something I wanted to do on all tracks. Plus, I like all the little dips and bumps in the circuit. Imagine 30 other cars racing with you.

Imagine 30 other cars racing with you.
Even then the player would still be in 1st position by the second or third lap. Perhaps that's why PDI hasn't added endurance races - because they only serve to demonstrate how slow the AI is.. Well that or they're catering to the modern day ADHD gaming generation.

Great track with many Details. Love it even its a short one. But its so great to do one lap After another an still find sone tenth of a socond.

Also the snall bumbs are great. Nice work PD

Now bring us Seattle back :D

But there is one thing i dont understand. Why we just have a Timescale From 9:30 to 18:30? On the track are Lights installed, so Why no nighttime :/ to heavy for ps3?

Why we just have a Timescale From 9:30 to 18:30? On the track are Lights installed, so Why no nighttime :/ to heavy for ps3?
Sadly, I think that may be the case. If you look at Motegi, that track lags quite a bit at night time and features the same lights as Mid-field.

image.jpg

This was right after the update. I also restarted the career mode to be able to fully use B-Spec, and because I wanted to! I love it!

View attachment 317784
This was right after the update. I also restarted the career mode to be able to fully use B-Spec, and because I wanted to! I love it!

Restart the Career is a bold move, but not a bad idea if you got another profile, because there's a lot of improvements in the game since V1.0, including the AI and physics that was tweaked some times :)

I don't know about y'all, but I think GT6's Midfield Raceway design and layout is closer to the GT2 version of the track than the GT4 version. It feels tighter, and has more bumps. I like it very much.

I played with a group of guys from Norway yesterday evening. 5 laps races changing car after each run: It was very fun.

I have a lot of GT4 "LAN" multiplayer memories on this track. i am very pleased it is back.

So I just got on to play this amazing track and what can I say. It felt like I was playing Gran turismo 3 for the first time. Cruising around in a Mazda MX-5 for a few laps brought back some good memories. The reverse layout is self feels just as good and it feels like a completely new track. Playing this track in some online races as well led me to some crazy high speed battles. I am glad Midfield is back and I hope they do the same with more classic tracks.

You don't need the PS2 to play GT2..... the PS3 will play the PS1 discs just fine. I loaded up my GT2 on Tuesday just to do a few races at Mid Field for the nostalgia. :D

And how do you access your game saves from the PS2 Memory card? I not have the 2006 Chrome front PS3 which can use PS1 & PS2 memory cards.

Just tried it for the first time, wow it all comes back to you once you race it, still as glorious as ever, great replay angles too, that turn before the 2nd tunnel is just as awesome.
That hairpin at that second tunnel is very bumpy, especially in the Lotus 97T. Ended up doing 60 laps just now with that combo and it reminded me of driving the formula cars in GT3 at Midfield.

That hairpin at that second tunnel is very bumpy, especially in the Lotus 97T. Ended up doing 60 laps just now with that combo and it reminded me of driving the formula cars in GT3 at Midfield.

Maybe its because you essentially are driving one of those Formula GT cars from GT3 ;)

I definitely like the new B-SPEC mode !

Yes, there is no team management, I prefer it to be optional, but more complete.

Otherwise, it's a real pleasure to find "Mid-Field Raceway,"! I already did fifty laps!
This track is gorgeous and no particular problem on the framerate. Fantastic. I hope Seattle, after or before course maker.

Yeah the bump is very noticable, love the new blue tarmac run offs too.

I'm in love with this track! It looks like a simple layout but has interesting twists, turns and dips!! Thanks PD. :bowdown:

Mann turns 3,4 are like Eau Rouge with FGT, except there is no uphill.
You really have to take the perfect line and steering into those corners if you want to go flat trough it,
or youre in the barrier..
Or you can lift a bit, but you loose a bit of time and a bit of fun.
It really is a challenge with FGT trough these turns, super fun.
Did 60 laps yesterday and still want more.

And I did a little bit more than 300 kilometers yesterday! :)

It's hard to get a good braking point before the hairpin without ABS.

It already became my most driven on Track not surprisingly so for people who said we'll forget about it the next day, you're completely Wrong my friend.

Having played Midfield for about 2 hours, PD need to get some more of the Nostalgia back for GT7, more of the old tracks, the famous cars in GT1 and GT2 for example, they need to add a lot of new features no doubt, but what makes GT so enjoyable is stuff like that for me.

Back