Might get new stuff June 25, 2015

• Thread starter JER_CREST
  • 347 comments
I like how PD asks you kindly to wear the appropriate racing suit when driving each Tomahawk. :lol:

Silly buggers! :)

I'm gonna guess he too was expecting something else when he shouldn't have.
I was not expecting anything to be honest but those updates are not getting better, there's no bug fixes of some sort just VGTs and updated things that hardly make any difference in the game. So I'm really amused by the fact that PD are somehow satisfied with these updates.

I was not expecting anything to be honest but those updates are not getting better, there's no bug fixes of some sort just VGTs and updated things that hardly make any difference in the game. So I'm really amused by the fact that PD are somehow satisfied with these updates.
You don't know that.

Agree.

It's NOT PD's fault , they expect everything then they get dissapointed , why do they expect stuff that PD didn't announce for this update?

Then they go bash PD like in every single update.
People expecting the course maker (I'm not one of them) on every update have every reason to expect it, it was announced, not for this update particularly but for an update without any dates. So we can blame PD to a certain extent.

And what's is wrong with hoping for some surprises? They gave us some good unannounced ones previously so it's perfectly legitimate to hope for more deep inside our cynical selves.

You don't know that.
Do you know if there's any? because it doesn't say there is any fixes either so guess we'll have to "feel" if there's a change in the game because we want to believe there is one or not.

Do you know if there's any? because it doesn't say there is any fixes either so guess we'll have to "feel" if there's a change in the game because we want to believe there is one or not.
They fix bugs in almost every update, most are very minor and it's north worth putting in the press release. Just because they didn't say anything about it, doesn't mean they did nothing.

Well, looks like I'm gonna be selling my RedBull X2014 for 1.8 million credits....
I feel free from those RedBulls....

I sold all of the for 1.8 million a piece and boosted up from 785,633 to 6,185,633! I knew those RedBulls were holding me back!

RIP RedBull
2011-2015

ALL HAIL KING TOMAHAWK!

Last edited:
Tomahawk S seasonal is at Big Willow(Someone back there called it!)
GTS-R trial is at Daytona Road Course.
And the X is at... Nurburgring.

Oh...

EDIT: You can get the S just by running a lap, but you need a bronze to get the GTS-R or X.

I was half right, Willow Springs but not the X model. :P

@PowerSlide77 you can hope but don't bash PD because they didn't say they were bringing the CM this update.
Honeslty, I don't care about CM at all, and who knows if they're even going to talk about it before they launch it? it is likely but who knows?

I just find it funny that they would spend time updating a car and a "track" and make a big deal out of it like "Hey guys look at this! We've made a huge improvement to the game by updating the livery of that VGT (and it's not even a major update to the car) and adding that VGT on some track landscape". Like they want us to clap for that little thing.

VGT's are expected at that point, but giving us something that, let's be honest, no one will drive more than a few times after they got the car isn't really interesting in the long term.

Other games deliver better free content than PD does, it's no secret.

They fix bugs in almost every update, most are very minor and it's north worth putting in the press release. Just because they didn't say anything about it, doesn't mean they did nothing.
Well they're hardly noticed so they're not that important, are they? online bugs aren't fixed.

Im sorry but what bugs exactly are you talking about?? The game is pretty much all it can be on the PS3.

Honeslty, I don't care about CM at all, and who knows if they're even going to talk about it before they launch it? it is likely but who knows?

I just find it funny that they would spend time updating a car and a "track" and make a big deal out of it like "Hey guys look at this! We've made a huge improvement to the game by updating the livery of that VGT (and it's not even a major update to the car) and adding that VGT on some track landscape". Like they want us to clap for that little thing.

VGT's are expected at that point, but giving us something that, let's be honest, no one will drive more than a few times after they got the car isn't really interesting in the long term.

Other games deliver better free content than PD does, it's no secret.

Well they're hardly noticed so they're not that important, are they? online bugs aren't fixed.

The reason why fast cars wear out fast is that because we're overusing them and having too much fun with the car

Im sorry but what bugs exactly are you talking about?? The game is pretty much all it can be on the PS3.
there are bugs where people don't see everyone on the track, we were able to fix it by exiting and coming back in the lobby but it doesn't work anymore.

The reason why fast cars wear out fast is that because we're overusing them and having too much fun with the car
They get boring right after the event because they're usually very easy to drive so it's boring like all the RedBull X's. But that's just my opinion.

there are bugs where people don't see everyone on the track, we were able to fix it by exiting and coming back in the lobby but it doesn't work anymore.

They get boring right after the event because they're usually very easy to drive so it's boring like all the RedBull X's. But that's just my opinion.

Yeah, I wonder if the Tomahawk GTSR could participate in the 24 minute LeMans on 50% power with a power limiter. I used the Chevrolet Chapparel VGT with 50% power limiter on that event and I won. Even though it was slower reaching top speed, I was amazed!

Off topic but so far...
There's 41 cars added to gt6 since it was released with updates.
  1. Alpine Vision Gran Turismo
  2. Alpine Vision Gran Turismo Race Mode
  3. Ayrton Senna DAP Racing Kart #17 '80
  4. Aston Martin DP-100 Vision Gran Turismo
  5. BMW M4 Coupé
  6. BMW M4 Coupé Frozen Black Metallic
  7. BMW M4 M Performance Edition
  8. BMW Vision Gran Turismo
  9. Chevrolet Chaparral 2X Vision Gran Turismo
  10. Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Gran Turismo Concept '13
  11. Gran Turismo Red Bull Racing Kart 125
  12. Gran Turismo Red Bull X2014 Fan Car
  13. Gran Turismo Red Bull X2014 Junior
  14. Gran Turismo Red Bull X2014 Standard
  15. GT-R NISMO GT3 Nissan GT Academy Team RJN '13
  16. INFINITI CONCEPT Vision Gran Turismo
  17. Lexus IS F CCS-R '11
  18. LEXUS LF-LC GT "Vision Gran Turismo
  19. LOTUS 97T '85
  20. Mazda LM55 Vision Gran Turismo
  21. Mario Andretti's 1948 Hudson
  22. Mercedes-Benz AMG Vision Gran Turismo
  23. Mercedes-Benz AMG Vision Gran Turismo Racing Series
  24. MINI Clubman Vision Gran Turismo
  25. Mitsubishi Concept XR-PHEV EVOLUTION Vision Gran Turismo
  26. NISSAN CONCEPT 2020 Vision Gran Turismo
  27. Nissan GT-R LM NISMO '15
  28. Nissan GT-R NISMO '14
  29. Nissan Zytek Z11SN Greaves Motorsport '13
  30. PEUGEOT Vision Gran Turismo
  31. SUBARU VIZIV GT Vision Gran Turismo
  32. Toyota FT-1
  33. Toyota FT-1 graphite
  34. Toyota FT-1 Vision Gran Turismo
  35. Toyota TS030 Hybrid '12
  36. Volkswagen GTI Roadster Vision Gran Turismo
  37. Volkswagen GTI Supersport Vision Gran Turismo
  38. West Surrey Racing, 1983 Ayrton Senna
The amount of VGT added is 22 cars, that's more than half amount of added cars to GT6, that's more than amount of real cars.

PD should at least balance the amount of the both, already some of the non VGT cars are ether duplicated with different colors (FT-1 and M4 for example) or some concept cars (FT-1, X2014 and Corvette Stingray Gran Turismo Concept '13).

We need more real life cars...

I've never really been a fan of the Vision GT experiment and these latest offerings only serve to strengthen my misgivings.

Are we playing NFS here or are we supposedly trying to emulate real world driving? If it's the latter then I suggest the experiment has failed miserably. :(

"The Real Fantasy Simulator". PD are pretty damn at it and should continue it in GT7. They must be bored. :lol:

*Goes back to playing Mario Kart 8*

I've never really been a fan of the Vision GT experiment and these latest offerings only serve to strengthen my misgivings.

Are we playing NFS here or are we supposedly trying to emulate real world driving? If it's the latter then I suggest the experiment has failed miserably. :(
:sly:

You're playing Ridge Racer with "GT" slapped on the cover.

The amount of VGT added is 22 cars, that's more than half amount of added cars to GT6, that's more than amount of real cars.

PD should at least balance the amount of the both, already some of the non VGT cars are ether duplicated with different colors (FT-1 and M4 for example) or some concept cars (FT-1, X2014 and Corvette Stingray Gran Turismo Concept '13).

We need more real life cars...
I agree with you, some real life racing cars wouldn't be too much. :lol:

I was curious about the VGT thing, I wanted to see what they would come up with and so far I'm only impressed with a few of them (Lexus, Toyota, BMW) because they're basically racing cars, not real life race cars but close enough for me to see them as racing cars.

The VGT experiment as you call it, is just a fail and Kaz said he'll keep doing it in the future. So I'm afraid it's only the start of that experiment.

Theres a 1000+ cars in the game. Why pick on the vision gt project when it was said they were going to be added from the very beginning? Some can never be happy with what they receive, even though its free.

Because they could have been doing something better with their time?

Like update some standards to premiums maybe?

How exactly are you comparing the VGT cars with NFS? They aren't close to having any sort of corolation :odd:

Back