Might get new stuff June 25, 2015

• Thread starter JER_CREST
  • 347 comments
nic-cage-you-o.gif

I would be expecting no more than the SRT Tomahawk VGT family.

Whenever the Course Creator does arrive I would assume that it will be publicised by PD or Sony as it is such a significant feature. Also, I feel it will arrive September time.

All I can see in this update is;
- The SRT Tomahawk VGT's will be released
- GT Academy will be removed from the "Events" tab
- Nissan GTR-LM NISMO & Zytek LMP2 will become available in the Dealership
- Small Bug Fixes

That's it. Nothing more, nothing less.

3 SRT Tomahawk VGT cars...

Nissan Zytek Z11SN and Nissan GT-R LM Nismo will be on the dealership...

And that's it.
pretty much what I said.

I would be expecting no more than the SRT Tomahawk VGT family.

Whenever the Course Creator does arrive I would assume that it will be publicised by PD or Sony as it is such a significant feature. Also, I feel it will arrive September time.
Then it will be delayed. Every time they announce something big, it gets delayed.

Strange time 2-4 o'clock in the morning on the MSK ... can at this time to become open at Goodwood ?
sorry for bad English

The start of the maintenance period is 1 hour later than the Mercedes Central Feature became available last year.

However, last year there was an announcement about the Goodwood update in early June, and the actual update must have been included in the June 18, 2014 Version 1.09 update before being unlocked at 10pm local UK time on June 26, 2014.

If we are getting a Central Feature update this year, it probably wasn't ready in time for Version 1.19, and we need a full Version 1.20 update to make it happen along with the other likely inclusions already mentioned in this thread.

I could be wrong, but the precedent was established last year, and I think the timing of the maintenance period is not a coincidence.

All this assumes, of course, that its not just maintenance... :lol:

Assuming its not, I posted on the news thread that I thought we might get the Goodwood feature added, based on the timing of the maintenance. The maintenance seems too early to be timed for the SRT Vision event, the Peugeot one does not finish until the Monday 29th, so I'm expecting the next VGT (likely the SRT based on the recent unveiling) the following week.

Which begs the question why have it on Thursday 26th. I used to think that the next update would have the Pikes Peak track being released, but we know now we're not getting that in GT6, so I'm leaning towards the Goodwood feature even more with this news.

We know that Forza Horizon 2 got the new MX5 in March 2015, maybe we're getting the new MX5 together with the Mazda feature. That would seem like a good marketing strategy for Mazda, but Forza Horizon 2 may have some kind of timed exclusivity of course.

I don't expect any of the above to arrive, however, i'm just postulating. Remember to keep expectations low and you won't be disappointed... Anyway we'll know in a week's time one way or the other 👍

Pikes Peak is already confirmed not to be in GT6 as Kaz said no more tracks were being added. There's nothing stopping them from adding a new VGT in before a previous one's seasonal event comes to an end but I only expect GT Academy removal and the LMP2 and LMP1 being added to the dealer. Nothing more than that aside from "minor bug fixes".

I'm just expecting another Goodwood update alongside the 3 machines already announced to join VGT and the last two Nissan LM cars showing up in the UD.

3 VGTs and about a 5% chance of course maker I'd say.

Back