Minecraft News and Discussion

• Thread starter WallRunner
  • 14,002 comments
Wow, no, that's not happened to me. You could always check on the forums and see if there's a similar case for someone else.

In my massive save file, I have completed the fire fence I had thought of. Doesn't keep monsters out, but it does kill them.

A firewall you say. I've thought of doing that too, but don't wanna start some freak firestorm and destroy my house.

Right, so I have just bought this game, although I haven't actually played it yet. At £8 it seems a good deal. For something with such low graphical quality and a very simple games engine, it looks remarkably good fun.

oh man, I killed myself 2 times from collapsing sand blocks trying to get at some random trapped zombie, while fighting a stream of water flowing down from above as well, only to find that the zombie groan and noises were actually coming from above ground -__- what a waste of my loots.

I built a damn and barrier to keep them away from my waterhole.

Wow this game really is addictive! I've manage to build a whole series of underground passages that connect me to my log cabin up in mountains next to a waterfall, a huge castle and sort of a central hub complex. I have some deep mines that go all the way down to the bedrock too.

My next big task is to build an giant pyramid out of sand, a Stonehenge looking structure and other great monuments of the ancient world....all connected via my underground highway.

I still need to set up some farms too.

Seem like my torches are useless or something as I usually see one or two unwelcome guests outside trying to eat me.

fuxuspider.jpg

Facking spider, gtfo, I don't have any spare pork.

I also enjoy hunting animals by burning them with my flint.
moooo.jpg

I understand your attraction to burning things well.

w2house.png

The house in my desktop. The fire fence is up front, it's mainly a proof of concept. Yes, that is a gold block on the main dome. But that is not the crowning achievement for this save file, oh no. That's the Black Sun Castle.

w2castle2.png

Oh yes. Took me several days to build, and the corpses of roughly all the pigs in the area, thanks to the fact I built it before sneaking was added.

w2castle1.png

And here's inside the walls. The walls are five blocks thick, and enough to deflect an army of creepers. The inside houses my little estate, a rough copy of my original home that I forgot to take screenshots of.

w2islandandbase.png

This is the sight from my underwater base, up to my third floating island.

w2island.png

And here's the normal view. It's got a little building on it, and a little tree farm. It's also got a crafting table in it and a furnace.

Later, I'll grab pictures of my original home. For now, enjoy the map of my land. It's so ridiculously huge, I've increased the storage used in Photobucket by three percent with that picture alone.

interesting sets of houses you got there, how do you guys make underwater structures?

your castle look impressive, but it feel like a prison to me.

I made some video of a tour of my house but youtube failed at uploading the files. >:[

lol.
1286133412363.png

Last edited:
How I made the underwater base was laying out a plan for it in dirt, filling the thing with sand, hollowing out the sand, then replacing the dirt on top with glass.

I never thought of the castle like a prison. I usually spend my time there adding little rooms inside the walls, or sniping creepers and skellies with my AK.

The house with the domes took nearly as long to build as my castle, because of the exacting measures I took to make it perfect, and the fact that domes don't transfer very well to a universe made of blocks.

On the multiplayer server I'm on, they've got a pretty good system set up with good admin support, using mods for a currency system where you earn $1 every 6 minutes of being online, to allow for trading/purchasing, a warp system to travel vast distances to set locations, protected blocks to stop griefing the towns and cities etc, a Spleef arena, a mall for trading in player-owned stores and the map they're using is absolutely massive: http://mc.plugpayplay.com/mapviewer/

I was working on an open pit mine with someone the other day, somewhere in the range of 35x40, it was located 40 minutes walking distance from the spawn point! The scale of the worlds in Minecraft is insane.

Updated my house:
29vf05u.png

2z8uhqa.png

I plan on adding more windows to the back so I can see what the sun in doing(help plan things out).

I like to keep the game as-is. I don't need HD blocks. I'm really thinking of making a tunnel under my house somehow. I don't know how but I will.

I like to keep the game as-is. I don't need HD blocks. I'm really thinking of making a tunnel under my house somehow. I don't know how but I will.

I dug my mine out of the very floor of my house. Got a door and sealed entrance built to keep me from randomly falling it and to keep the animals away from my home lol.

That's an easy fix. Make a tunnel downwards, fill it up with sand, then hollow out the sand. It'll destroy the springs, and leave things nice and dry.

I see we went for similar build styles :P

33ndj5w.png

And something I made the other week in a free build server

ma9xc1.png

I dislike making buildings out of wood. Wood burns, and Creepers get through it very well. I prefer stone buildings (like you see on the last page) because stone is just so solid, it stands up well against Creeper strikes.

There's no creepers on that multiplayer server yet. Well, there is, but they're all glitched and stuck in the bottoms of caves, I came across a room absolutely packed full of zombies the other day. Also, you're invincible in that one until an update comes out fixing the health. I chose wood as I liked the look of a wooden cabin by the water, had to build up most of the island around it and do some landscaping in the surrounding area to tidy it up. Next step is to make some steps up that cliff on the right and flatten out the top for a forest plantation to produce more logs for sale, currently got 40-ish trees dotted everywhere on uneven ground and it's a pain to work through.

I just made my first mine shaft through water.
nyw5ma.png

It wasn't that hard to just swim and add the cobblestones. Though adding some sand did help get rid of the water. Did see some iron and some other resources down there so I will be grabbing those later.

I haven't seen any spiders, zombies or other monsters yet. Only cows, pigs and sheep. Where do the things that go bump in the night hide at?

Are you sure that peaceful mode is not on? If you live on top of a mountain then that's because they don't spawn that high up.

Cool, thanks. I'll mess with it tonight when I get home. I want creepy crawlers!! :lol:

Made my front and back of my house made out of %50 glass so I could see the sun rise and fall to keep track of time. Nearly got lost today but I knew my house was in the general direction of the sunset. Always a good idea to either make a compass or know what the sun does to your house.

I have a series of torches mounted to big stone columns to show me the way. I'm eventually going to have an underground passage near my spawn point that takes me to the central hub of my underground network.

Back