Minecraft PC - Is It Worth It? / Traincraft Mod Screenshots

• Thread starter Doomotron
  • 82 comments
None, all you have to do is to place it in the mods folder.

But when I click on the download on the bar at the bottom, it has an Internet Explorer icon and doesn't open. When I right-click, no 'Open with' button appears.

Screenshot 2016-03-08 15.29.51.png

Also, when I look, there is no mod folder.
Here is my list of folders:
  • assets
  • libraries
  • recourcepacks
  • saves
  • server recourse packs
  • stats
  • versions
No mod folder in sight. Do I need to create it?

Screenshot 2016-03-08 15.30.47.png

@Doomotron Make life simple, feed the beast!

http://www.feed-the-beast.com/

It is a minecraft mod loader, which often uses a older version of minecraft. But it comes preloaded with tons of mods of all types. It is an easy way of playing modded minecraft on PC, without the hassle of having to add the mods yourself. FTB is also heavily tested for compatibility.

@Doomotron Make life simple, feed the beast!

http://www.feed-the-beast.com/

It is a minecraft mod loader, which often uses a older version of minecraft. But it comes preloaded with tons of mods of all types. It is an easy way of playing modded minecraft on PC, without the hassle of having to add the mods yourself. FTB is also heavily tested for compatibility.

Doesn't include Traincraft, I don't care.

But when I click on the download on the bar at the bottom, it has an Internet Explorer icon and doesn't open. When I right-click, no 'Open with' button appears.

View attachment 523424

Also, when I look, there is no mod folder.
Here is my list of folders:
  • assets
  • libraries
  • recourcepacks
  • saves
  • server recourse packs
  • stats
  • versions
No mod folder in sight. Do I need to create it?

View attachment 523426
Open it with WinZip or Winrar, then extract it. It appears as jar for some reason.

Also, while you copy, install ModLoader for Minecraft first. Search on Google.

Rest of the steps are here:
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/124583-guide-how-to-install-mods-for-minecraft/

Open it with WinZip or Winrar, then extract it. It appears as jar for some reason.

Also, while you copy, install ModLoader for Minecraft first. Search on Google.

Rest of the steps are here:
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/124583-guide-how-to-install-mods-for-minecraft/

Here are the steps I took:

No WinZip on here!
Screenshot 2016-03-08 15.54.16.png

So I searched another app. Here's Winzip:
Screenshot 2016-03-08 15.54.36.png

Wait, what? What are these?
Screenshot 2016-03-08 15.54.43.png

So I looked on the WinZip button. What do these do? Why can't I just download it and be happy? Why does the internet hate me?
Screenshot 2016-03-08 15.55.01.png

Most of what everyone has said here has either:
  • Not made any sense
  • Isn't there
  • Doesn't apply to me
  • Is completely off-topic
Can anyone give simple, clear instructions which make sense and apply to me?

Copy and paste into the mods folder, just like is shown in the video I have embedded in my last post.

But on the download bar, it opens as internet explorer, and immediately goes to a download list. The only option is to copy the download link, and when I do that, it goes in to IE again. All I am asking is which program do I open it with? That's all I want. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Ignore what that says, just right click on the .jar file that you downloaded, select "copy", so to the mods folder in the minecraft folder, right click and select paste. That should be it, assuming you have the correct version of minecraft, the correct version of the mod, and any mod loaders/injectors you may need; such as Forge (is that even still used).

Seriously, just use feed the beast. It may not have train craft in it, but it does have railcraft. It doesn't offer as much content, but will save you a headache.

Most of what everyone has said here has either:
  • Not made any sense
  • Isn't there
  • Doesn't apply to me
  • Is completely off-topic
Huh?
I told you the exact same thing as the video showed.

I didn't think you wouldn't know how to move a downloaded file into a different folder and I thought it's clear that a folder called "mods" has to be in the Minecraft directory.

Well, at least you got it working now.

I am trying to start Minecraft with Flan's Mod version 4.1.1 for 1.6.4, but it always crashes the game. Any help?

EDIT
Even after deleting it, it crashes for Traincraft. I need help.

If you ran them to apply the update, you have modified your core Minecraft files. Best thing to do is create a new profile in the Minecraft launcher and that will install a fresh version of the minecraft jar.

If you ran them to apply the update, you have modified your core Minecraft files. Best thing to do is create a new profile in the Minecraft launcher and that will install a fresh version of the minecraft jar.

Would downloading another version of Flan's Mod for 1.6.4 work?

If the original Minecraft.jar has been modified then I would say no. Start with a fresh Minecraft.jar and apply the Flan's mod to that.

If the original Minecraft.jar has been modified then I would say no. Start with a fresh Minecraft.jar and apply the Flan's mod to that.

Is there a plane mod for 1.6.4? I just want the planes, not the guns.

I am trying to start Minecraft with Flan's Mod version 4.1.1 for 1.6.4, but it always crashes the game. Any help?

EDIT
Even after deleting it, it crashes for Traincraft. I need help.
Can we assume that you have the correct version of Forge installed?

Can we assume that you have the correct version of Forge installed?

I've got the last version for 1.6.4 installed.

EDIT
For the no people who wanted screenshots, I've got some but I can't double post, so can somebody reply so I don't get a warning point?

You could always edit your post.

Yes, but I cannot upload files when editing.

Anyway, here is what I've got up to in Traincraft:

My first station - Snowton Beach:
Screenshot 2016-03-11 16.03.59.png

The station building:
Screenshot 2016-03-11 16.06.53.png

My second station - Snowton Bridge: (Looking out onto the actual Snowton Bridge)
Screenshot 2016-03-11 16.07.29.png

An aerial view of the current network and it's two stations:
Screenshot 2016-03-11 16.08.33.png

Where Welesley-Snowton Airport will be:
Screenshot 2016-03-11 16.07.46.png

Wait, these aren't trains!
Screenshot 2016-03-11 16.14.13.png

I'll get more photos uploaded soon!

EDIT
Should I make a seperate thread for the pictures?

Back