$$/minute of Racing

• Thread starter SC351W
  • 273 comments
Daave
Anyone think B-Spec is kind of ruining the game? Basically all you do is build up a really fast car, put it in a race where its the top dog and collect the money.

Rinse and repeat.

👎

B-Spec sucks.

I take a 960hp Mercedes Benz and pit it against a couple of 200-300 HP cars.

I finish in 3rd.

I think the Capri Rally is the best trick/ method simply because you don't need to have all the license tests passed, and you can race it right away with a B license. Quick cash for the very beginning of the game with little effort to get to that level.

AdrenalineSRX
B-Spec sucks.

I take a 960hp Mercedes Benz and pit it against a couple of 200-300 HP cars.

I finish in 3rd.
Now what pace do you set it at?

I use 3 and set it to pass and it finishes first everytime. If I put 4 or 5 the car normally runs off the road.

entreprenuer - what series do you do that in? for the german touring car, I've been using 4 and5 alternating till I get in the lead, then three and accelerate time till the race is over.

rjcc
entreprenuer - what series do you do that in? for the german touring car, I've been using 4 and5 alternating till I get in the lead, then three and accelerate time till the race is over.
I've been doing it in the mercedes clk touring car in the german touring race. Now, when I re did one race I tried what you said alternating back and forth and it worked. however, I had to alternate between 3 and 5 because 4 and 5 was making me lose a bit of time on tight corners.

Yes, but some people don't have the CLK Touring car.

BTW, is it possible to win the German Touring Championship with a stock car on B-Spec?

my only concern is, if I just leave it on 3, sometimes the lead car gets out so far I don't think I'll catch it.

mclaren - if you have a touring car, you should have enough money to tune it. I don't think it's possible, cuz some of the tracks are narrow, and even if a stock car can pass them all, it would take a while.

nissan- the numbers in b spec mode. - 3 is the "average" one, and by "pass mode" they mean "overtake set to on"

Nissan_Racer
when you guys say 3x speed and pass mode on b-spec what exactally does that mean?
When you are in b-spec mode, there are five numbers on the top of the screen, one through five. Three is a steady speed. One is the slowest, and five tells the car to push the hardest, which unfortunately in some cases, runs it off the road. The pass option tells your car to try to pass the cars ahead of it.

I did that mercedes trick to get myself a cool 5 million, but i still like doing the capri to test out my new cars.

Oh... sorry... I only tried to do it for a few races and it didntwork. I though it would work on all of them... Im new to all of the GT3-4 stuff. Im really a PGR2 guy

I used the 190 E touring car to win the merc championship, then the CLK touring car with about 600 hp on the DTM championship. You get the 190 E for winning the Schwartzwald Liga B, which I won with my M3 CSL, which I bought to win the BMW M cup.

Also, you change the B-Spec speed by pressing R1 during the race, then L1 and left, you should see a 1x, 2x, 3x change just above where the car positions/lap times are listed. This is in the instruction manual if you have the US game, if you have a JPN copy check Maskriders translation screens too see what's going on.

Daave
Anyone think B-Spec is kind of ruining the game? Basically all you do is build up a really fast car, put it in a race where its the top dog and collect the money.

Rinse and repeat.

👎

I think that B-spec kind of does ruin the whole money earning part of the game, but only if you choose to let it... I don't

cobragt
wait,where can i win the clk, are the talking about the one that all the way on the right when u look in mercedes, or the one thats like 165,000??? and where can i win this car?thanx

you win it at one of the merc series, enjoy! :)

Win the Stars and Stripes Series-> You get the Chevrolet Camaro LM Race Car '01

Surprisingly enough, you can use this car to enter the Japanese GT Championship in the Japanese Hall.

Each race won will earn you 15 000$ (there are 10 races). Win the Championship and you get 100 000$ and also, a 287 000$ car (the Nissan Motul Pitwork Z (JGTC) '04)

Run it in B-Spec and you'll make yourself a total of 537 000$ in about 35-40min.

BTW, victory is almost certain with the Chevrolet Camaro LM Race Car because it litterally crushes the opposition in the Japanese GT Championship :bowdown: . Although I don't remember if I had to do any upgrades or anything but perhaps even without any upgrades it can do the job.

Hope this helps! :dopey:

^yep... and it's even more fun to do it over and over again, and then check out your garage with 7 clk gtr's chillin out in there :P .... then sell em all for a cool 5.2 mil :D gotta save up for them 4 black LMP cars somehow now dont'ya?

and you can get the time down on that championship by starting oh... say the nurburg ring race in a-spec and then quiting out of it and move on to the last race... you still win the points bracket and only lose out on 15k, but you get those clkgtr's even faster

how else are you supposed to get enough money in the beginning to fund all the different makes/types of cars to win all the races besides doing a lot of the same races over and over again?... i think b-spec is just lame when it is abused.... but then again b-spec doesn't work all that great unless you get your b-spec rating up high enough so your driver doesn't go into the dirt on every hairpin... so ... meh... people who don't like b-spec, don't use it ... more power to yah :)

Acroth
and you can get the time down on that championship by starting oh... say the nurburg ring race in a-spec and then quiting out of it and move on to the last race... you still win the points bracket and only lose out on 15k, but you get those clkgtr's even faster

How exactly do you quit out of the race for it to work?

dunno if this was mentioned but what i do is...get in the Toyota MINOLTA race car and do the el capitan endurance race...you get 200k for winning and another (close to) 700k (i think ) for the MINOLTA race car...this takes about 40 mins or so with the x3 b-spec mode...and you dont waste 2 days just one and get more money
-keiro

Latest Posts

Back