$$/minute of Racing

• Thread starter SC351W
  • 273 comments
what I do..

---------------------------------
Official Write Up on How to make quick money....

1) Win CLK Touring car (click here)
2) Go FULLY mod it, use medium racing tires
3) Go to german race
4) use B spec on all (with 3x going)
5) start race on 5 with overtake ON
6) once in the lead, put it to 3(steady) without overtake
7) rinse, repeat.

ALSO - you may want to quit one race (like the other fellow said) the nurbring(sp?) while using that race in A-spec....like he said, your out 15G, but u get the big money faster..

EDIT - forgot to mention... ending may vary, because of b spec points... I have a whackload of them, so i know how my driver is...
I just want to get the game completed as much as possible for bragging rights to friends etc.
and then go have my fun (driftooo)

I've had no problem leaving "overtake" on. Lately, I've been turning on a long enduro, then B-Spec'ing it. And then I leave for work. Come back, and its done. I've just been using an already-won Minolta Toyota to do the El Capitan endurance, then selling off the new Minolta I win. Just want the extra spending money.

One Kwick SS
on that suggestion for b specing the japan championship and winning and selling the Fairlady Z Concept...i thought you couldnt sell the concept cars?

It's the Japanese GT Championship not the plain Japanese Championship. It the one with 10 races.

Hello all,

I'm pretty new to the GT series. I recently purchased the game and believe it's one heck of a racing game. It definitely beats NFS Underground 2. I'm sure most of you were able to get golds in your driving test but I was able to only get bronze in License A and B test. I was able to get first place in all of Sunday's cup. Now I want to make money per your suggestions under the "Special Conditions" races. I currently have a Mazda RX-7 Type RS-R '97. It's pretty darn fast. However, the "Rally de Umbria" is pretty damn hard. I can pass the stupid Renault but keep hitting the damn walls. I keep getting the 5 second penaly. It really sucks. Any hits or suggestions?

Thanks,

James

make sure you've got racing brakes on your car, then stop hitting the walls.

Learn the track and hit the braking points, if your car has engine mods you shouldn't have to worry about being caught easily, so slow down, brake earlier than you need to and learn the best line, especially heading down towards the hairpin with the people, then the one with the grandstand. Also, might I recommend at BMW M3 CSL when you've won the RSC Rally raid car

Err...

Is there a maximum amount of times that you can clear a race? It seems like I can no longer clear this series. Everytime I race, the option to clear no longer shows up. Does anyone know what I might be able to do?

The best upgrade for this race has got to be racing tires!!!! 👍
Stopping is everything on that crazy track!
💡

and of course, once you win the RSC it is so easy to win this race over and over with it!

AllSho
what I do..

3) Go to german race
7) rinse, repeat.

ALSO - you may want to quit one race (like the other fellow said) the nurbring(sp?) while using that race in A-spec....like he said, your out 15G, but u get the big money faster..

EDIT - forgot to mention... ending may vary, because of b spec points... I have a whackload of them, so i know how my driver is...
I just want to get the game completed as much as possible for bragging rights to friends etc.

I did this and tried to repeat but it didnt give me the "clear" option. Does it still give you the race car at the end?

Acroth
^yep... and it's even more fun to do it over and over again, and then check out your garage with 7 clk gtr's chillin out in there :P .... then sell em all for a cool 5.2 mil :D gotta save up for them 4 black LMP cars somehow now dont'ya?
Are you sure you can win multiple "copies" of the prize car? I was doing the Capri method, getting the Toyota RSC Raid Rally car, and did it only three times in a row, thinking I'd have three cars to pawn off in my garage.

Once I got to my garage, there was only the one car, and no matter how I organized my garage, all I had was one of them. Is there a trick to winning multiple cars that I wasn't using?

Kojak1970
Are you sure you can win multiple "copies" of the prize car? I was doing the Capri method, getting the Toyota RSC Raid Rally car, and did it only three times in a row, thinking I'd have three cars to pawn off in my garage.

Once I got to my garage, there was only the one car, and no matter how I organized my garage, all I had was one of them. Is there a trick to winning multiple cars that I wasn't using?

I did that last night and had NINE (9) waiting for me in my garage. $$$$$$$ :sly: :sly: :sly:

Kojak1970

did you do BOTH rallies? you have to clear them (by trying to race either one again), and then complete them both to get the car. you'll know when you do (complete both) anyway, as there will be a "congrats" screen and a toyota RSC rotating. you need to complete both.
edit: other than that, i dunno, you've got a bug?

What is the best total profit (prize $ + prize car that you CAN sell) of an endurance race?

Looking for something I can have chug away while I run errands and will yield the highest profits.

I would prefer something that could run under a couple hours in 3x mode, so I guess something within the range of the 4 hour (1x speed) endurance races.

thanks

MikeDeuce
What is the best total profit (prize $ + prize car that you CAN sell) of an endurance race?

Looking for something I can have chug away while I run errands and will yield the highest profits.

I would prefer something that could run under a couple hours in 3x mode, so I guess something within the range of the 4 hour (1x speed) endurance races.

thanks

Fuji 1000KM gives 750,000 and the Nissan R92CP Race Car '92, it's 228 laps of Fuji Speedwas 90's

Famine created an excel file called gtmoderaces that lists all the races, laps, prizes, restrictions (tires, license, cars) etc. Search for that for more info. But you will have to convert the prize money to NTSC version 💡 from the Japanese( :confused: ) version.

phouston06
how come my fully modded clk touring car won't come in first place

What do you mean? When won't it come in first place? Are you using B-Spec? If so what pace? What are your B-spec skill and point levels? Did you modify the car at all?

I don't even know how to get to the German Touring Cup.... is it in the Extreme Events? since I've looked just about everywhere else... Note: I'm only done 9.8% of the game and I don't have the Professional League done

STiGoFLyBy
Yeah, what happened to the fun of just racing yourself?
i enjoy b spec although i dont do any of the easy money techniques i take an equal car and race it in bspec mode on the 1000 miles race its a life saver took 6 hours in b spec mode (i actually contributed didnt jsut set it and forget it)

The Capri tactic is great! I was able to make a used car brand new and in peak condition after selling off the prize.

But I didn't race with rally cars, opting instead for a Dodge Ram with a few tweaks. Once I got in front, I just left the opponents in the dust or blocked them quite effectively. :dopey:

Bat22
The Capri tactic is great! I was able to make a used car brand new and in peak condition after selling off the prize.

But I didn't race with rally cars, opting instead for a Dodge Ram with a few tweaks. Once I got in front, I just left the opponents in the dust or blocked them quite effectively. :dopey:
Yeah, I was doing the same thing, but doing the same two races over and over got a little repetitive, when all I want to do is save up enough money for the black LM cars. Once I get enough, it's back to completing events...

If you're looking for easy money, I haven't seen a method yet that beats the German Touring Car Championship. In x3 B-spec mode, takes about 15 mintues for almost a million credits!

MSZ
There is a quicker way.

Take your fully modded CLK Touring Car in German Touring Championship and play it in B-Spec mode(3x speed). You can get all prize money and the prize car(CLK-GTR which is worth 800k)in just 20 minutes.
I have perfected my timing. I can win ~ $900,000 in 12 minutes B-Spec'ing!!! This includes going through all the menu selection screens in between races. I discovered you can hit "start" immediately after a racing to skip all 3 post-race ranking screens to save time.

Here is the link I originally learned this technique: $900,000 in 12 Minutes B-Spec!

If I am lucky, I sometimes only need to win 3 races to win the Championship.

AllSho
what I do..

3) Go to german race
7) rinse, repeat.

Thanks! I haave done this and am rolling up cash as fast as a Mercedes CLK Racing car! :lol: about 835 000$ for 4X5 lap races (Except the Nurburgring which is only 1 lap fortunately!). Makin' all that in about 15 min! :drool:

Back