Missing feature!?(Update first post)

• Thread starter RetroJohan
  • 152 comments
GT_johan
I didn't thinking of that, maybe it was photoshop after all :)

Yeah, but I it not include it because there is already thread for missing tracks, anyway it weird they didn't include it in the game. I wonder why :confused:

Haha:lol: yeah it would be like

Race Start in 3...2...1 StartYELLOW FLAG!!

Siena track not included because PD putted Italian flags around the track.
The goverment was'nt ok with that so they pulled in there license.

While it came from the GT website, some careful analysis of the full-size back then showed it actually was a 'Shop-job: there's no reflections of the other cars in each 500's wheel,
I didn't thinking of that, maybe it was photoshop after all :)
The cars don't ever show reflections of other cars. It's not a photoshopped image.

EEEDIT
That's not to say this was ever a feature.

My speculation is that they aren't in GT5 because certain manufacturers like Ferrari didn't want the performance of their cars more or less objectively compared against other ones. It's known (perhaps not widely) for example that the Ferrari PR department has strict control on how and against what competitors their cars get tested by magazines.
There is a drag strip track in Forza 4 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5b23CIgjo9M
Why they are ok with FM4's drag strip and deny GT5 one?
So this conspiracy theory is quite a conspiracy indeed. :)

Interesting thread anyway, if properly done, the flag system would be great.

I want a feature, that than i drive backwards the miles of my car going down and lost HP come back to me. :lol:
And i want a new bug: If i send a car from my EU GT5 to my US GT5 and back, i want to have more HP after, cause of the conversion from KW to HP. :lol:

Last edited:
GT_johan
Two more.

Signal Lights?

There are many things wrong with that photo.

1. It's online B-Spec.

2. Redline and indicators.

3. There are 19 cars on track.

4. G-Force meter says he's taking a hard right when he's braking in a straight line into a left turn.

5. Cars position on track and on radar are wrong.

6. Total time and fastest lap are equal even though he's nowhere near the start/finish line.

There's probably a few more as I think it says he is a second behind which would refer to the car directly ahead of him rather then the leader. I may be wrong about that last point though.

And oddly most of the names are wines. Not a mistake, but more of a slip up.

Moral of the story: Gran Turismo 5 will never be as good as what PD or anyone thought it would be.

Won't stop me from playing it though.

End of rant.

Last edited:
Signal Lights?
6078293778_b4944d3b35_b.jpg

I see AI using them but it's not possible for we (the human players) to use it. I think the AI uses this to get out of the way in the AMG driving school challenge.

I see AI using them but it's not possible for we (the human players) to use it. I think the AI uses this to get out of the way in the AMG driving school challenge.

Yea I was thinking the same about A.I cars using signal lights for AMG. Hopefully this feature will be in GT6

A setting for the automatic shifting where i can put in the point when should be shifted from gear to gear.
(at 4000 U/min or 4500 U/min or 5000 U/min)

A setting for the automatic shifting where i can put in the point when should be shifted from gear to gear.
(at 4000 U/min or 4500 U/min or 5000 U/min)
I dream of a "Racing ECU" upgrade in GT5 with which users could set up all kinds of ecu-related settings like shifting points for automatic transmissions, shifting lights, rev-limiter, idle, vtec threshold, etc.

I've never seen this, I'll have to try and check it out.

Color name of the rims displayed in the car menu.
Using colors direct from the object menu.
Option to buy ALL tuning parts in the car setting menu.

Here's another beautiful artwork that's left out from the final release:

I love the pit crew animation including the player inside the car. Knowing this is just a demo, it looks too amazing to be left out from the final release. Maybe this can be an interface when the user enters qualification mode for champion races for GT5 (a new update) or GT6 perhaps?

Online b spec races
Walk around your virtual garage/with friends
That Mini with decals
Safety car for NASCAR
YouTube uploading

Ok this is a bit of a wishlist :)

Nice find shurnster. Interesting is that vidoe was made before GT5 release and driver is wearing Swell suit which was added in patch months after game release.

Is there some feature that was in older GT games that you want in GT5, Like mileage meter on the HUD. It's not necessary important, but fun to have.

Now that is in the game :D

Maybe more of the these missing feature coming soon...?

I forget did PD say they were making drift leaderboards for all the cars or no? Just wondering kinda bored of seeing "Special" and "Speed 12" written on every drift record

Missing, from GT3 & Gt4 the car icon that would pot up during endurance races letting know which car was pitting.

These are small feature but GT6 could benefit from them a lot. I can see lots of people have fun with that "motion" effect in photomode.

As for the flag system, it just adds more realism to the game.

I posted this on the GT6 sub-forum as something I'd like to see; it happens to also be a missing feature from GT5:

I would like to see better and cleaner menus than compared to GT5's cluttered mess-like it was in GT5 Prologue (although having seen some pictures of the GT6 menus, they're looking good so far). For example, B-spec should look something like this:

189197-GT%20823.jpg

(bw, this was a mockup intended to be what GT5 should have been upon release)

Back