• 152 comments

RetroJohan

A.K.A GT_johan
Premium
Sweden
Sweden
RetroJohan
Missing Feature

In this thread we can make list that features is missing, like features that was in older GT titles or PD showing screenshot a non finish title that didn't come up in the final product.

I don't count cars or tracks, because there are already thread.

Early demo's of GT5 or PD confirmed features

Flag system (0:44)

Motion in Phototravel
Sangalgano_AlfaRomeo_8C_Competizione08_A-640x360.jpg

Kyoto-ShirakawaTatsumibashi_MercedesBenz300SLCoupe-640x360.jpg

Multiply cars at Phototravel
Siena-Campo_FIAT_500F-68_500_1.2_8V_LOUNGE-50008-640x360.jpg

(Note this is not a photoshop picture this is coming from Official GT5)

Indicator lights
6078293778_b4944d3b35_b.jpg

One way course maker
6077753875_eaec2151a4_b.jpg

900 degree steering and motion(1:49)

Sparks

Scraping paint

(This is from Gran Turismo 5 E3 2009 Trailer)

-Team Builder
-Club Builder
-Livery Editor
-Number Plate Editor
-Race Builder Tool

Official features from PD's website (Link from GTplanet News)

-YouTube replay output

Features that was in older GT title and now missing (not were in GT5)

-Used rims from others cars. (GT4) Images

-Manufacturer events(GT4)

-More tuning option Nitrous, Brakes(GT4)

Features that is coming back (GT6)

Mileage meter on the HUD.

Edit:Clean up a bit to most is on this first post.

I will add more soon, but if you know or feature that is missing or coming back please tell us. ;)

If my grammar is bad you can correct me.

Last edited:
As soon as I saw the title of this thread that is what immediately popped into my head. Unless there were some major bugs with them I cannot understand why flags were removed. With the latest maintainence and one confirmed patch flags may be added in the near future but we'll have to wait and see.

One more multiply cars at Phototravel

confirmed patch flags may be added in the near future but we'll have to wait and see.

Yeah! It would be fun at online, those driving Zonda R without Traction control spins out and yellow flag comes up, and those driving Fiat 500 get blue flag because you want to drive past with your Enzo. :)

Two more.

Signal Lights?
6078293778_b4944d3b35_b.jpg

One way course maker?
6077753875_eaec2151a4_b.jpg

these photo coming from Gran Turismo Official site.

Last edited:
Didn't even know about these. Now I just want them to be added. Multiple cars in Photomode would be so awesome.

One more multiply cars at Phototravel

While it came from the GT website, some careful analysis of the full-size back then showed it actually was a 'Shop-job: there's no reflections of the other cars in each 500's wheel, for one.

The 300SL motion shot however, does look untouched, and as already mentioned, movement was apparently possible in Photo Travel locations, at least on the basis of the intro. More strange moves by PD.

I wouldn't mind the garage/hangar location that typically showcases the premium Tuner cars on the main menu screen...

Also we saw karting track in Siena

Oh, and 2 more:
- afternoon at wet TGTT (we have it only in one license test)
- wet Toscana course maker track (in Rally Special if I'm correct)

Abraxas

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFzegc-psYY">YouTube Link</a>

Oh, and 2 more:
- afternoon at wet TGTT (we have it only in one license test)
- wet Toscana course maker track (in Rally Special if I'm correct)

You can't use the sienna karting track as missing content, it was taken out for legal reasons.

We don't know that for sure. There was a legal problem with flags, but PD claimed that they solved this. Also why do we have Siena photo travel but not Siena track? They could brand it with some other banners if there was a problem.

If the flags system are put in the game, prepare to get auto-drive every single minute of the game due to players can't be able to control their own car. I guarantee you that in a regular online room, you will see the yellow flag in the first 30 seconds.

While it came from the GT website, some careful analysis of the full-size back then showed it actually was a 'Shop-job: there's no reflections of the other cars in each 500's wheel,

I didn't thinking of that, maybe it was photoshop after all :)

Yeah, but I it not include it because there is already thread for missing tracks, anyway it weird they didn't include it in the game. I wonder why :confused:

you will see the yellow flag in the first 30 seconds.
Haha:lol: yeah it would be like

Race Start in 3...2...1 StartYELLOW FLAG!!

Last edited:
Something else they teased us with.
In the photomode section of the Apex book, they have a picture of the Wed Sport Lexus IS in the Red Bull wind tunnel.
I want to take pictures in there.

While it came from the GT website, some careful analysis of the full-size back then showed it actually was a 'Shop-job: there's no reflections of the other cars in each 500's wheel, for one.

This is and always has been the case in GT. The reflections are environment mapping, you never see reflections of other cars.

Forza is actually better in this respect.

Is there some feature that was in older GT games that you want in GT5, Like mileage meter on the HUD. It's not necessary important, but fun to have.

Last edited:
This is and always has been the case in GT. The reflections are environment mapping, you never see reflections of other cars.

Forza is actually better in this respect.

Is that true? Hmm I will have to investigate this, I'm pretty sure that cars are reflected on other cars.

I think the flag system would of been a really good idea if done corectly! e.g if you cut a corner then you'll get flaged and time added on at the end, the size of the time added would depend of the serverity of the cutting of the corner.
Also some kind of pace car system when you miss judge the changin of tyres and your dangerously loosing control of your car. then the other cars should be paced until you reach the pits.

Today i thought of quite a good idea. how about online spectators. where you can watch your friends race online, instead of actualy racing against them and with the abilty to talk to them. If not online racing how about watching your mates take part in the 24hr race, As your busy and cant take part. A bit like a vertial big brother just tune in and watch lol. "hour 15" ha ha.

Today i thought of quite a good idea. how about online spectators. where you can watch your friends race online, instead of actualy racing against them and with the abilty to talk to them.

Being serious? That's included, has been if not from the beginning, at least for several months now. Just choose "watch race" instead of participating and you're set. I've spectated a lot of driving from a friend when he has been setting his car up.

Remember one feature that was in the earlier games, Top speed test, 1000m test ect.
My speculation is that they aren't in GT5 because certain manufacturers like Ferrari didn't want the performance of their cars more or less objectively compared against other ones. It's known (perhaps not widely) for example that the Ferrari PR department has strict control on how and against what competitors their cars get tested by magazines.

Back