Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Super Lap

• Thread starter yannagas
  • 164 comments
I have a setup which works for fastest lap 1:17.443 with a good driver, and 1:19 with a bad driver. Yes, it will get you gold, easily. I focused on the ease of use, though, using real life rallying setup secrets... And as an added bonus, it works on all rally cars.

Suspension:

Ride height: 115/115
Spring rates: untouched/untouched (4.88/4.16)
Dampers: 2/2, 2/2
Anti-roll: 1/1 (rally drivers remove anti-roll bars)
Camber: 0/0
Toe: 0/0

Brakes: 5/5

Transmission: auto-set 220 km/h

LSD: 5/30/10, 5/30/10
Torque split: 50/50

Basically, the idea is to get the weight to shift as quickly as possible, and as much as possible, which provides for stable cornering, regardless of any bumps etc. You can basically full-throttle the car around every corner except the sharp hairpins. Lifting off of the gas before turn-in is quite a quick way to change directions.
Thanks very much for the tune.
Gold 1.19 could of done better too.:)

I had given up on LCC event so I came here. Used Whoosiergirl's tune and what a difference it makes, improved by 1.5s or more within 30 min session:) At first I thought those 1.0 toe-ins are crazy but it does work, the car seems to maintain speed when sliding.

I cannot emphasise enough this is all about slip angle, SLIP ANGLE, SLIP ANGLE! Too much of it the car loses speed, not enough it wont make the corner.

This event is rather fun when intentionally sliding the car actually rewards you, not penalises you:)

edit: I noticed top 3 guys and few others are using Evo VII 01 but interestingly they all recorded their best times on Feb 24th. Is this just a new discovery or something changed on that day and made this car competitive all of a sudden?

Last edited:
I had given up on LCC event so I came here. Used Whoosiergirl's tune and what a difference it makes, improved by 1.5s or more within 30 min session:) At first I thought those 1.0 toe-ins are crazy but it does work, the car seems to maintain speed when sliding.

I cannot emphasise enough this is all about slip angle, SLIP ANGLE, SLIP ANGLE! Too much of it the car loses speed, not enough it wont make the corner.

This event is rather fun when intentionally sliding the car actually rewards you, not penalises you:)

edit: I noticed top 3 guys and few others are using Evo VII 01 but interestingly they all recorded their best times on Feb 24th. Is this just a new discovery or something changed on that day and made this car competitive all of a sudden?

I am down to 1:14.3 with some room for improvement . I really like this TT :) I changed to the 01' and equaled my time with the 03' . Did anyone else notice the course is now cloud covered ?

Last edited:
tried whoosiergirl's tune after i was doing laps in 1:16's, was way better than mine and got my times down lower 1:15's then using W.G.'s i change couple things around and i get in1:14 and am at pos 331 and for me this is a miracle:bowdown: so thank you to all and W.G. :cheers: finished 277th with 1:14.129 woohoo for me:cheers:

Last edited:
Its a bit late now but I'll post my settings anyway. :) Its mostly @WhoosierGirl 's tune, modified by @iliasdc , and then slightly adjusted by me.

Car: Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VII RS '01 (NOT the '03 one!)

Suspension:
Ride height: 150/90
Spring rate: 8.00/9.00
Dampers compression: 1/1
Dampers extension: 1/1
Anti-roll bars: 7/7
Camber angle: 0.0/0.0
Toe angle: 1.00/1.00
Brake balance: 3/3

Transmisson:
first set the final gear to maximum (6000), then the max speed to minimum (180kmh)
1'st: 2.342
2'nd: 1.780
3'rd: 1.445
4'th: 1.207
5'th: 1.026
6'th: 0.875
Final gear: 4.150

Differential:
Initial torque: 5/5
Acceleration sensitivity: 40/60
Braking sensitivity: 5/10
Torque distribution: 40/60

Power:
No oil change, install isometric exhaust manifold and set limiter @98.8%

Body:
install ALL weight reductions (Stage 3 reduction, Carbon hood, windows)
Downforce: 0/0
Ballast weight: 164kg
Ballast position: +50%

Last edited:
et_
Its a bit late now but I'll post my settings anyway. :) Its mostly @WhoosierGirl 's tune, modified by @iliasdc , and then slightly adjusted by me.

Car: Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VII RS '01 (NOT the '03 one!)

Suspension:
Ride height: 150/90
Spring rate: 8.00/9.00
Dampers compression: 1/1
Dampers extension: 1/1
Anti-roll bars: 7/7
Camber angle: 0.0/0.0
Toe angle: 1.00/1.00
Brake balance: 3/3

Transmisson:
first set the final gear to maximum (6000), then the max speed to minimum (180kmh)
1'st: 2.342
2'nd: 1.780
3'rd: 1.445
4'th: 1.207
5'th: 1.026
6'th: 0.875

Differential:
Initial torque: 5/5
Acceleration sensitivity: 40/60
Braking sensitivity: 5/10
Torque distribution: 40/60

Power:
No oil change, install isometric exhaust manifold and set limiter @98.8%

Body:
install ALL weight reductions (Stage 3 reduction, Carbon hood, windows)
Downforce: 0/0
Ballast weight: 164kg
Ballast position: +50%

final gear info is missing, can you please edit?

Anyway I enjoyed this TT allot, I wish there will be more snow and dirt TT's in the future.
Managed a decent 1:12.783 and ranked 35th. missed a really low 12 banging at the fence before the finish line..

Counted six Greek flags in the top 40, and I'm proud and happy for it! Seems we like rallying...
iliasdc 38th, me 35th, HELLAS-GT-KOSTAS 32nd, GREEK-RACER-10 13th, SoKaGT-Racing 12th, and finally Hellas-GT-Kimi at 9th. Bravo Guys!👍

Thanks to all friends who shared their secrets, and to everybody who competed trying their best!
see you in the next round of TT's!:cheers:

All I know is this is going to be the most expensive paint chip in history if I do get gold. I've bought tons of parts for almost every Mitsubishi to try out the tunes people have posted and I can't even get bronze on this one. I'm doing almost perfect laps but the time is really high. Obviously I'm missing something. The cars all seem to come to a dead stop if they slide even a little on a turn but I'm not sure how to keep the cars from doing that. Got gold in all other time trials (except the Hudson one) but I think I should give up on this one before I smash my wheel into 1000 pieces.

All I know is this is going to be the most expensive paint chip in history if I do get gold. I've bought tons of parts for almost every Mitsubishi to try out the tunes people have posted and I can't even get bronze on this one. I'm doing almost perfect laps but the time is really high. Obviously I'm missing something. The cars all seem to come to a dead stop if they slide even a little on a turn but I'm not sure how to keep the cars from doing that. Got gold in all other time trials (except the Hudson one) but I think I should give up on this one before I smash my wheel into 1000 pieces.
I honestly can't understand your problem, I did it easily with a standard Evo VIII RS '03, took it out of the dealers put some snow tyres on and had loads of fun, golded it very quickly .... the key is powersliding it round the bends, turn in early with the power on and almost drag the bonnet against the inside barrier. You can go a lot faster than you may think :sly:

But don't slide much on high-speed sections. There's a fine art. You must drift at the sharp hairpin, but you must not drift in the first half of the lap.

Turn off ASM it's like dragging an anchor around on the snow.

Back