Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Super Lap

• Thread starter yannagas
  • 164 comments
Knocking 3 tenths off will always make you feel better.

Seeing as Whoosier is on the disabled list and can't compete and it seems a lot of the top drivers are using her setup. How about painting your cars pink as a pick me up to her? I'm sure that would put a smile on her face.

That's a good idea!👍 Pink has become a Whoosie trademark, although I remember discovering the pink colour thing couple of years ago arguing that it was the fastest colour, because of the way it reacts to light and all that nonsense and I remember @Private_Joker adopted it and got 3rd place or something:lol:

Anyway, i'll paint my car pink when I try the whoosie tune ATM i'm trying a completely different setup, so its fluo -yellow or something like that!:lol:

edit: found proof of the pinkmania saga here and here !!:lol:

Last edited:
I'm actually laughing so hard right now! :D

Also, if I revisit this seasonal (which I very well may, as I should be easily capable of top 1000 at least) I will use a pink Evo VIII RS '03. And, no, not just because I own an Impreza and like to tease Evo fans.

Okay, I am completely lost...how are you guys able to do anything to the EVO III RS '03 since it comes with 478 PP and the max is 480 PP allowed. How do you get 3rd stage weight reduction and computer upgrade and so on. Am I looking at a wrong car at a dealership? It's Lancer Evolution VIII RS '03 right? I am officially upset at this event while trying with Evo GSR TM SCP '99.

I have a setup which works for fastest lap 1:17.443 with a good driver, and 1:19 with a bad driver. Yes, it will get you gold, easily. I focused on the ease of use, though, using real life rallying setup secrets... And as an added bonus, it works on all rally cars.

Suspension:

Ride height: 115/115
Spring rates: untouched/untouched (4.88/4.16)
Dampers: 2/2, 2/2
Anti-roll: 1/1 (rally drivers remove anti-roll bars)
Camber: 0/0
Toe: 0/0

Brakes: 5/5

Transmission: auto-set 220 km/h

LSD: 5/30/10, 5/30/10
Torque split: 50/50

Basically, the idea is to get the weight to shift as quickly as possible, and as much as possible, which provides for stable cornering, regardless of any bumps etc. You can basically full-throttle the car around every corner except the sharp hairpins. Lifting off of the gas before turn-in is quite a quick way to change directions.

Absolutely brilliant information, I was struggling to get bronze and after using your info I have golded it after 6 laps.
Thanks a lot m8.

Can anybody tell me how is the gear relation that you are using? Because i can't find any that work truly great

Set the top speed automatically, to be way, way shorter. If you don't like my auto-setting approximation (220 km/h,) feel free to change it according to what you want. I suggest 220 km/h, because it's extremely close ratio. The close ratio is effective because of the typical top speeds on snow/ice (normally below 250 km/h, but in this case below 220 km/h) close ratios improve the acceleration out of slow speed corners by ensuring that at least one gear is always on the ideal power curve peak. Again, this is routed in real-to-life rally setups as well as GT6.

Set the top speed automatically, to be way, way shorter. If you don't like my auto-setting approximation (220 km/h,) feel free to change it according to what you want. I suggest 220 km/h, because it's extremely close ratio. The close ratio is effective because of the typical top speeds on snow/ice (normally below 250 km/h, but in this case below 220 km/h) close ratios improve the acceleration out of slow speed corners by ensuring that at least one gear is always on the ideal power curve peak. Again, this is routed in real-to-life rally setups as well as GT6.

'.

Ok, i'll post my setup by the way so if anybody wants to try it feel free to use it, currently i'm lapping at 1:16:02

Suspension
145-145
9,00-8,00
1-1
1-1
1-1
0,0-0,0
-0,70--1,00

Brakes
3-4

Gear
Max speed 230
1- 2,984
2- 2,111
3- 1,587
4- 1,247
5- 1,024
6- 0,879

Transmission
5-5
40-60
5-5

Triple disc clutch
Carbon fiber axle
Distribution 30:70

Power 275cv
Limiter 68,2%
Competition computer (not sure of the translation into english)
Turbo level 3

And the rest has been taken from hoosier girl's set up

Same here, used WhoosierGirls tune with the ARB's at 1/1 and some trans tweeks to get a 1:14.787. Really like this TT.

Down a bit more to a 1:13.9xx something. Still can't get the transmission to my liking. Losing/leaving .250-.500 on the table in the last sector.

I am down to 1:14.6 and I have no clue what I am doing.. I loaded a top 10 ghost and I am loosing over 1 second in the 2nd sector :( Getting the car around that downhill high speed right hander then that quick flick around the end of the fence is so frustrating . I either overcook the right hander or slow to much for the right left combo at the top :(

Decided to take a stab at this one. First ever snow event for me and so first time at this track obviously. Hard to believe, but I never even did any of the snow, or gravel for that fact, events in GT5 either. Just not my cup of tea, but I must say I'm rather enjoying this one somewhat. Anyway, not doing too good as I'm only at 1'15.315....not even making the leaderboard. :lol: Got a decent tune worked out, just need to learn the track a bit more and adapt to the snow driving. Will continue tomorrow. Peace, and as always, stay fast my friends.

1:12.1s are possible? :eek:

I believe by the end of this TT a high 11 will be possible! :confused: , as dirty oils will start turning up 💡

Amazing time there 👍@LLOYDZELITE69 ! Still on the same tune?

Welcome to Europe :cheers:@GTP_CargoRatt ! This combo has been really a fun one for me, hope you enjoy it!

I did 1:19.435 on bone stock VIII RS '03 with second attemp :)
And i consider myself as a average driver so i think many people can do the same without big problems :)

Thanks Andrew for the tune. I managed to get down to 1.15.770. It's pretty fun dive bombing into some of those corners and it manages to still turn haha.

It seems if you get your turn in just right you can slide just the right amount and get back on the gas earlier.

Thanks Andrew for the tune. I managed to get down to 1.15.770. It's pretty fun dive bombing into some of those corners and it manages to still turn haha.

It seems if you get your turn in just right you can slide just the right amount and get back on the gas earlier.

That's only kinda how you're supposed to take it. In your case, you've done it well, but, for everyone else who may still be struggling:

Surprisingly, 100% (I've asked everyone I've met...) of rally drivers will tell you that it's actually faster not to skid too much. However, their teams hate it when they go flat-out with nothing but time in mind, because if they go fast they tend to hit trees.

A good video of someone (Ryan Huber) who doesn't slide much, who goes on to win that rally.

The idea is to find a balance between going straight and sliding the back end out. If you're sliding the back, you have less forward grip to accelerate out of the corner. If you're on a rally stage that you don't have fully memorized, also, skidding allows for you to maintain the control by steering, instead of braking (because brake lock = hitting trees.)

So, what rally drivers do is normally to brake in a straight line, and then slide the car around the corner once it's slow enough to negotiate the corner. This way, the car's pointed out sooner, leaving some margin for error. If the driver underestimates how sharp the corner is, they can simply adjust by not countersteering as much. But, if they underestimate it without sliding it, the only option is to adjust speed... Adjusting speed mid-way through a corner on gravel/snow is very, very hard.

Even adjusting speed in a straight line can be difficult...

So, find the balance between skidding and not skidding if you're still struggling.

The idea is to find a balance between going straight and sliding the back end out. If you're sliding the back, you have less forward grip to accelerate out of the corner.

So, find the balance between skidding and not skidding if you're still struggling.

nice post mate, this exactly is the case in this TT. Heavy steering will harm acceleration, even if your car is traveling as straight as possible. keeping the car at an optimum angle with minimum steering inputs, on that perfect line is what will do the job.

Can you guys tell me when (and if...) you race on the Charmonix track in the single player career?
I don't really want to spoil this track before racing it in the single player career, especially since it looks pretty pretty. :P

Back