Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Super Lap

• Thread starter yannagas
  • 164 comments
Nice one LLOYDZ! :cheers: I guess Canadians have a thing for snow tracks. Amirite? :sly:
I would've done better if it had been Imprezas. I could use my real life Impreza suspension setup and drive it even better, but it was the sworn enemy of my Impreza. :lol:

And I seriously thought you posted tunes in every seasonal thread. :dunce: But, wow, thanks everyonefor the kind words! :D

We'll at least my setup is enjoying the top 10, lol. I really thought I had a chance to beat my best TT finish (26th) on this one, maybe even top ten but...my doctor nixed that dream today.

I have a small tear in my rotator cuff and I'm trying to avoid surgery. He has me scheduled for another few weeks of physical therapy starting tomorrow. He wants to do surgery if there is no improvement soon and I have to take therapy more serious this time so, no TT's for me for awhile.

We'll at least my setup is enjoying the top 10, lol. I really thought I had a chance to beat my best TT finish (26th) on this one, maybe even top ten but...my doctor nixed that dream today.

I have a small tear in my rotator cuff and I'm trying to avoid surgery. He has me scheduled for another few weeks of physical therapy starting tomorrow. He wants to do surgery if there is no improvement soon and I have to take therapy more serious this time so, no TT's for me for awhile.

Your setup has given many people joy and made them very competitive, I'm sure you would end up in top 10 if you persisted the way others do.You got the skill and feel for it. But Health is no 1 priority... You get well soon Whoosie, avoiding surgery if you can, that would be your great goal for now!
TT's will always be here waiting, so get well soon!👍

2003 Evo VIII RS
Stage 3 weight reduction, windows and hood, sport computer.

Ride Height 150/150
Springs. 9.0/8.0
Dampers C. 1/1
Dampers E. 1/1
ARB. 7/7
Camber 0.0/0.0
Toe angle. 1.00/1.00
Brakes. 5/6

LSD. Front. 5/40/5
LSD. Rear. 5/60/5
Torque split. 45/55

Transmission, it's not very good, I'm not good at them, sorry.
112/4.300
1. 2.342
2. 1.747
3. 1.446
4. 1.223
5. 1.048
6. .898

Power 311hp/ 93.1% only added the computer.

Ballast 200kg/50% 53:48 1,280kg

I added the wing but only had it at 5. I removed it and did a .483 so not sure if it helps.

My first setup posted so be kind. Please no messages about how I have no idea what I'm doing, because I will admit it, I have no clue what they mean. I just change them until I go faster, seems to work. Hope it helps.

Only change I made was the transmission, apart from that, perfect!

I have a setup which works for fastest lap 1:17.443 with a good driver, and 1:19 with a bad driver. Yes, it will get you gold, easily. I focused on the ease of use, though, using real life rallying setup secrets... And as an added bonus, it works on all rally cars.

Suspension:

Ride height: 115/115
Spring rates: untouched/untouched (4.88/4.16)
Dampers: 2/2, 2/2
Anti-roll: 1/1 (rally drivers remove anti-roll bars)
Camber: 0/0
Toe: 0/0

Brakes: 5/5

Transmission: auto-set 220 km/h

LSD: 5/30/10, 5/30/10
Torque split: 50/50

Basically, the idea is to get the weight to shift as quickly as possible, and as much as possible, which provides for stable cornering, regardless of any bumps etc. You can basically full-throttle the car around every corner except the sharp hairpins. Lifting off of the gas before turn-in is quite a quick way to change directions.

Fantastic post ! Thanks a lot for sharing this information 👍👍👍

After a few tries I was able to gold this event with this setup (before I couldn't even silver it) ...

Take a week off, do four therapy sessions, ice the shoulder every night and make a last ditch effort on the 26th. I'm not a doctor but I did stay at a Holiday Inn once.

Seriously Whoosier take care of that shoulder and get well soon, you setup is a blast to drive and thanks for sharing it.

Thanks to those in this thread that suggested the Evo XIII R.S. Initially I tried the Evo VI Tommi Makinen edition from my garage, and barely made silver. Went almost a second under gold with the Evo VIII 👍

Hey,

I'm new to GT Planet but in terms of Gran Turismo I'm a long term addict. I really need help with this Mitsubishi Evo event, not sure what I did wrong but I've been using the tunes from both ITCC_Andrew & WhoosierGirl which everyone here in the forum highly recommended but for some reason I hardly reached Bronze after 30 attempts. Down to 1:29:900 to be exact.

The tune from ITCC_Andrew:

Suspension:

Ride height: 115/115
Spring rates: untouched/untouched (4.88/4.16)
Dampers: 2/2, 2/2
Anti-roll: 1/1 (rally drivers remove anti-roll bars)
Camber: 0/0
Toe: 0/0

Brakes: 5/5

Transmission: auto-set 220 km/h

LSD: 5/30/10, 5/30/10
Torque split: 50/50

I've been using the EVO VI RS'99 since this car has the lowest weight of all Evo's. Am I using the wrong car or is it just that I'm not experienced in Rally & Snow track driving but it drives me insane since I got gold on everything else and completed all levels in carrier mode with gold but this event is something else.

Can anyone please give me more details on how to get better times. Also I got confused that most people here at the forum did all the weight reductions to the car but no one what they did to bring the car under the required 480 PP.

Are you guys using additional weight or power limiter or both?

Please help...any suggestions are welcome.

Thank you!

Also I got confused that most people here at the forum did all the weight reductions to the car but no one what they did to bring the car under the required 480 PP.

Are you guys using additional weight or power limiter or both?

Please help...any suggestions are welcome.

Thank you!

I would suggest you switch to the '03 RS you will not regret it.

I didn't use the other setup but I did Whoosiers and her Power and Weight from her post are:

Power 311hp/ 93.1% only added the computer.

Ballast 200kg/50% 53:48 1,280kg

She added the 200kg all to the rear making the distribution to 53:48 and a total weight of 1,280kg
She added the sport computer and reduced engine power to 93.1% giving her 311hp and a pp of 480.

I've blown several 1:12.3's today. No longer in 1st though :(
That's awesome! But how did you do that? Did you use WhoosierGirl's set up or is it just great driving skill? I consider myself a good driver especially now that I'm driving with a Logitech G27 wheel and a racing seat. I walked through the carrier mode without any trouble but that snow track is killing me.

Also, do you have a preferred driving mode such as cockpit view etc.?

Thanks,
Alex

@shivamerlin
My setup is exactly the same as @WhoosierGirl. I just put the final gear down to 4.200
I use the hood view like probably the majority of People use, I think. You just got to try your best not to scrub off any momentum and go literally full throttle around the whole track except for the tight bends. :dunce:

Thank you, I will try this tonight. I did almost go full throttle around the whole track but that sharp hairpin towards the end is awful as my car almost comes to a complete stop. Any advise on the turn?

You can watch my reply if you like. I honeslty don't take it the same everytime. I always experiment with corners if I'm behind my lap. :)

Sure, if I can find out where I can watch them?
All of the non Evo VIII RS '03 Evos have poor power and grip compared to the '03 Evo VIII RS.

And, if you still struggle, skid recovery force makes the car grip like you wouldn't believe. I don't like using it, because it's less fun, but I use it on seasonals.

Edit: You can find the replays on leaderboards.

I'm not a doctor but I did stay at a Holiday Inn once.

That in my book is a damn good certification:tup: So tell me Doctor, i have those migraines, you know...they're killing me...I start getting them after about 2-3 hours of snow racing at Chamonix... Then i start seeing friends lines everywhere... am I in a serious condition? Is there something I can do about it? :confused: :lol:

Edit: shaved off 3 tenths for a 12.853 and already feeling better!

Last edited:
Edit: shaved off 3 tenths for a 12.853 and already feeling better!

Knocking 3 tenths off will always make you feel better.

Seeing as Whoosier is on the disabled list and can't compete and it seems a lot of the top drivers are using her setup. How about painting your cars pink as a pick me up to her? I'm sure that would put a smile on her face.

Back