MLS Anyone?

Another season will soon start, and this year the Sounders will win the MLS cup!! (thats my dream) - I hope that one of our heroes gets to play, Steve Zakuani!! Still going to miss Kasey Keller, My Sounders jersey is going to get washed tomorrow. I'll wear with pride

either way, Hoping for an exciting season.

Not that I really know the MLS, but I look for Portland and Seattle to be solid. Things are going to stink around here with no Brian Ching. He's been our boy since the Dynamo came to town. He was part of that back-to-back champions deal in the first two years of the franchise.

Speaking of the Dynamo, I'm starting to like the new stadium being built in downtown. I may not like it as much as Red Bull Arena up in New Jersey, but this is a very nice stadium that will be great for both Dynamo soccer as well as Texas Southern University football.

Haha if only. I'm really trying to be a fan and learn soccer.

I swear they will, mark my words. They improved their squad dramatically over the break, and they did the best of any team in the draft, getting exactly what they needed in players, AND they have a young prodigy coach at the reigns in Rennie. Playoffs for sure. 👍

100% Pacific Northwest Fan!!! So it's strange for me to like two teams, most of my friends find it just plain weird.

Sounders and Timbers all the way!! Win Loose or Draw, I support them
So Canadians don't count for you? :lol: What about Vancouver?
Personally, I only support the Sounders. Other PacWest teams can 🤬 off. Local rivalries are what make the game great, so pick one and hang the other two!

Another season will soon start, and this year the Sounders will win the MLS cup!! (thats my dream) - I hope that one of our heroes gets to play, Steve Zakuani!! Still going to miss Kasey Keller, My Sounders jersey is going to get washed tomorrow. I'll wear with pride

either way, Hoping for an exciting season.
Honestly, I will definitely not miss Keller. He should have retired before last season; his enthusiasm was great, but he was not very good last year. It seemed like he couldn't save anything that was more than ~3 yards from his center of mass.
I hope that we have a good season this year. Gspurning seems like he's really happy to be here and playing in the MLS, which I can understand given his falling out with Skoda Xanthi, so I don't think that we'll be hurting between the sticks.
If we can keep Burch healthy he'll be a solid performer for us, so that helps to solve some of our trouble with outside backs that we had last year (Riley wasn't bad, but we never had a solid left back) and generally help shore up our back line.
Andrew Duran is an exciting prospect, and I think he has a good chance of making a solid first-team slot for himself. He's young and enthusiastic, so I think we should at least give him a chance.
Hopefully, we can get a midfield diamond with Alonso, Zakuani, Rosales, and Fernandez going regularly this year. Personally, I think we have the best (or at least 2nd best) midfield in the league, so if everyone stays healthy I think that we'll make a good run for the MLS Cup this year. I'll be happy if we make the playoffs, but winning the Supporter's Shield and/or the MLS Cup would be awesome! Also, 4-in-a-row for the Open Cup?

So Canadians don't count for you? :lol: What about Vancouver?
Personally, I only support the Sounders. Other PacWest teams can 🤬 off. Local rivalries are what make the game great, so pick one and hang the other two!
Also, 4-in-a-row for the Open Cup?

Sorry about that forgot about the Whitecaps - 4 in a row would be an awesome gift.

gtavcfan
Sorry about that forgot about the Whitecaps - 4 in a row would be an awesome gift.

I really hope the Whitecaps get a lot better in a hurry. Would be great for MLS to have a 3 way competitive rivalry in the Pacific Northwest. I can't believe how the Sounders have built a franchise like that in that short amount of time.

The nice thing about Vancouver is that they have multiple owners with deep pockets that are willing to spend the money to get a competitive and championship callibre team out on the field. If only their pockets were as deep as the Sounder's owners. :lol:

Well, I went out to take a look at the Sounders in the Community Shield match against Jaguares (currently 16th(?) in the Mexican League) last Wednesday, and I was pretty impressed. Montero was working harder than I think I've ever seen him, and our new pickups all looked good.
Gspurning didn't have a lot of work to do, but what he did, he performed with authority and confidence, which was very encouraging. He also seems much more comfortable coming off his line than Keller ever was for us.
Johansson was absolutely fantastic. He is a monster at right back, with a good head, good defensive capabilities, and a great ability to read the game and know when he can afford to push up. When he does go forward, he does so confidently and positively. His crossing was very good, and he uses his physicality very well. Definitely one to watch this year.
I was also impressed with Sivbaek (spelling?) even though he only came on for the last 15 minutes or so. He is colossally strong, and has a good first touch. He seems like he'll be a solid performer, at least from what I saw.
Final score was Sounders 2 - 0 Jaguares.

I'll be out to see them in action again this Wednesday when we take on Santos Laguna in the Champions League. This one is going to be a tough game for us, so it should be another excellent opportunity to judge the quality of our new squad.

HighSeasHoMastr that was a good game, I got the same impression we will win the MLS cup this year. Too bad for me I had to work that day. so I missed out on the first 15 minutes of the game.

As much as I'd like to say that the Whitecaps will surprise a lot of people, I just don't know. Their recent win in the Disney Classic was a shockingly poor-played game. Maybe I've just been away from US football, but sheesh, hoofball at its worst.

HighSeasHoMastr that was a good game, I got the same impression we will win the MLS cup this year. Too bad for me I had to work that day. so I missed out on the first 15 minutes of the game.

I think you have to go with LA again.

I learned that my Dynamo's new stadium is called BBVA Compass Stadium, and it will open on May 12. I think it will be great to see the Dynamo take on the other MLS teams in their new digs. I've always considered the Dynamo to be a very good team. I try to watch some of their matches on TV. But really, I am not sure to talk about the Dynamo like they're the cream of the crop in the MLS.

mlscup_champs.jpg

AewHS84CAAAXTpk.jpg

REPEAT SON!!

I was a Toronto FC fan, but now that the Impact are an MLS team I gotta go with the Montrealers.

In honor of the coming MLS season, please enjoy the awesome save made by my friend since when I was in 8th grade:

I predicted 3-0 Vancouver, but 2-0 ain't bad either. Defense completely fell apart there for about 15 minutes in the 2nd half though. That will lead to some losses real quick if they don't get it sorted.

I am a soccer/football nut. I have been a barca fan for a long time now but have also been following Toronto FC since they got a team a few years back.

They tend to suck like all other Toronto sports teams but I am so happy they have made it as far as they have in the CONCACAF champions league. I also believe the owners MLSE/Rogers/Bell are a-holes for not investing in designated players appropriately as they are one of the richest in North America. I do like their current coach though.

I found out my Dynamo won 1-0 over Chivas USA. Any time the orange and white get the "W," I'm happy. I am still pretty interested to see the Dynamo open their new downtown stadium. Red Bull Arena (Harrison, NJ; home to the New York Red Bulls) is still one of my favorite newer stadiums for MLS teams. Speaking of the Red Bulls, I found out F.C. Dallas took them down 2-1 in New York... I mean, New Jersey.

A number of great fixtures for this weekend.

Real Salt Lake vs. New York

Seattle vs. Toronto FC

Montreal vs. Chicago

FC Dallas vs. Portland

LA Galaxy vs. DC United

Back