MLS Anyone?

I've been to 2 TFC matches this year and unfortunately both were 1-0 losses, although the most recent loss against Sporting KC was rediculous as the ref was blatantly calling in favour of SKC to the point that once SKC scored he stopped calling ANYTHING at all against either team lmao! I have at least one more game to go to, Sept 12 vs Columbus I believe, for the TFC to win with me in attendance.

353 Hemi
I've been to 2 TFC matches this year and unfortunately both were 1-0 losses, although the most recent loss against Sporting KC was rediculous as the ref was blatantly calling in favour of SKC to the point that once SKC scored he stopped calling ANYTHING at all against either team lmao! I have at least one more game to go to, Sept 12 vs Columbus I believe, for the TFC to win with me in attendance.

I have been to a couple this year. Season opener and the semi final of the champions league. Loss and draw if I remember correctly. It's hard to support a team whose owners care not one bit about winning. MLSE is one of the richest sports franchises in North America and they still can't invest in designated players like LA or NY. The stadium is full for almost every league match they can at least invest appropriately and give the fans some hope in my opinion.

So happy that TFC managed to pull out a draw on the weekend against Houston. Didn't watch to much of the first half, from what I saw of the second half TFC should have easily had the draw and been going for the win instead. Hope to see more play like that to close out the season and build mometum for next year. Hopefully we can avoid going 0-9 to start the year lol

I got my birthday gift 5 months early. My mom's husband gave my uncle and I tickets for the Sept 8th match Sounders vs Chivas USA. I just need to wash my second jersey.

The 2012 MLS Cup game is on Saturday. It will be the Houston Dynamo (14-9-11) vs. the Los Angeles Galaxy (16-12-6) at 4:30 PM Eastern. I just hope my Dynamo can win their third title after having to settle for runner-up several times before.

Word has it that a deal was approved for a new team to play in New York City's Queens borough in 2016. So this would mean that the NYC area will have a second team along with the New York Red Bulls, who play in Harrison, NJ. NYC soccer in NYC- not a New York City team that plays in a city other than New York City. Got to love that sort of appeal.

Today will be David Beckham's final game in Major League Soccer. His boys will try to take down my boys in an MLS Cup rematch from last season. Becks' L.A. Galaxy will match up against Brian Ching and the Houston Dynamo out in Los Angeles for the 2012 MLS Cup. I fear this will be just a happy farewell for Becks rather than the Dynamo having any hope of getting revenge from last season's MLS Cup game. I, of course, am pulling for the boys in Orange (Houston).

Good luck to both teams.

UPDATE We failed again. Dynamo led 1-0 at the half, but the rest of the game was all about the Galaxy. Even a Penalty Kick in 2nd Half put Los Angeles up for good. Damned shame for my boys, but what can I do about it?

We failed. Again. In back to back seasons against the same team for the MLS Cup. F:censored:ing happy, now, L.A. Galaxy?

Last edited:
Well, the 2013 season kicked off this weekend, and there's been some good games already.

Houston continued their fine home form from last season, getting a good win against a really poor DC side. Houston dominated the play for long stretches, and DC looked like they were really struggling even when they had the ball. The second goal was excellent, but I have to feel like Taylor should really have done better. He didn't close down fast enough, and he turned away from the block; be a man, take one for the team, and get yourself in there.

Sporting got off to a good start, comfortably beating Philadelphia 3-1. Graham Zusi looked really good, and KC look like they'll be in the hunt for the Eastern Conference title again this year. That said, Le Toux looked very good for the Union, and they could end up improving a lot this year, we'll have to see.

Columbus saw off a very poor Chivas. The less said about that game the better. Chivas have undergone a huge renovation in the off-season, and it will take time before they're really going to gel as a unit, but this was not a promising start.

Finally, I have to take a moment to talk about my Sounders. We opened our season with a disappointing 1-0 home loss to Montreal, and I have to say, we looked right 🤬 for most of the game.
High points first: Mario Martinez looked very good. His distribution was good for most of the game, and he was picking up the ball everywhere, roving for space and generally looking dangerous. He gave the ball away cheaply a few times, but he was no more guilty of that than anyone else last night.
Secondly, Deandre Yedlin was excellent. It was his debut game, and at 19 he played well beyond his years. He was fearless going forward and equally good defensively, and he played with an energy that was sorely lacking from the other Sounders players. I look forward to seeing more of him as the season goes on.
Now for the bad: this was the same kind of poor performance Seattle were guilty of so many times last year. Defensively, it looked ragged for most of the game, with the two centerhalfs barely communicating, and Gonzales playing so narrow that he was basically a third CB. One instance in particular, Gonzales was squared up on a Montreal attacker, and he covered the run to the wing, showing the Impact player all the space he could ever want to cut inside; this is defending 101, you should always shepherd space wide when you're squared up.
Equally poor was the attacking half of the team. They were shapeless for large portions of the match, and there was no real strategy to how they moved the ball. There was no real effort to utilize the wings & get crosses in, and there was equally no focus on trying to play short through the middle. It looked like they were just trying to do whatever they could to get the ball in the box; there was no evidence of a system they were playing to. Towards the end of the game, Seattle was simply lumping the ball forwards with no real targets, trying to just 'hit & hope' their way into a goal.
This is exactly how we looked for long stretches last year, and it's a big part of what cost us so badly against LA in the playoffs. The lack of any kind of consistent system going forward means that you have players who are barely ever on the same page; you have some players who want to play short, and some who want to cross, and some who want to try long shots, and there's nothing to tie it all together. It's just whoever has the ball, playing how they want to; there's no team coordination in the attack.
I really can't help but feel that this is a problem with Sigi Schmitt. I respect that he is a championship-winning coach, and he was definitely a big part of making Seattle so successful so early, but I think it's time to part ways. Seattle has had these problems for several years now, and I don't really see them getting better. It's time for us to bring in a coach who will unite the team, get us all playing the same game, and properly sort the defense. Otherwise, I expect more of the same from Seattle; inconsistent performances for the whole year, and crashing out of the playoffs.

LA open their season against Chicago today, with Portland hosting the Red Bulls & RSL traveling to San Jose. Should all be good games, and the season is looking to be off to a fine start.

I was excited for this season...until I watched Houston make fools out of DCU last night.

Thanks for the Dynamo update! :D Just like with Houston Rockets coverage, the game was on Comcast SportsNet Houston- which a lot of the Houston area (myself included) doesn't have. So I won't be able to see many Dynamo games. I don't have NBC Sports Network either (I used to). So keeping up with the Dynamo on TV will be a problem.

Still- yay, Dynamo! :)

The Houston Dynamo won 2-0 over the San Jose Earthquakes earlier tonight. What's so big about this? This is now 34 straight home wins without a loss for the Houston Dynamo. One more home win will surpass the 2009-2011 mark set by Real Salt Lake. BBVA Compass Stadium has been quite the home field advantage for the Dynamo since moving from Robertson Stadium. The Dynamo's next home game is on April 14th as they will take on the Chicago Fire. The next game for the Dynamo, meanwhile, is on April 6th at the Portland Timbers.

My team is sucking early in the season, starting bad, 3 looses and draw with our southern neighbors. Hope the rest of the games improve - I won't loose hope or faith in the Sounders.

So are the Timbers, apparently. My Houston Dynamo failed 2-0 at Portland last night.

With a 2-1 victory over the Chicago Fire here in Houston, the Dynamo has now broken the record for most successive home wins or draws without a loss. You have to be fortunate at home to have such a streak. Our next game is at Toronto on April 20. Next home game for the Houston Dynamo will be vs. Colorado on April 28.

With a 2-1 victory over the Chicago Fire here in Houston, the Dynamo has now broken the record for most successive home wins or draws without a loss. You have to be fortunate at home to have such a streak. Our next game is at Toronto on April 20. Next home game for the Houston Dynamo will be vs. Colorado on April 28.

Should be a good year :)

FC Dallas maintains an undefeated streak at home, defeating the Vancouver Whitecaps FC 2-0. Own goal via Brad Rusin in the 29th, and Blas Perez seals the deal in the 50th in a goal that many, including the home team commentary team, initially thought was offside. He was onside, barely.

Dallas improves to 6-1-1, their only blemish to their record is a 3-1 loss at Chivas USA and a 2-2 draw at Toronto FC, capturing 19 of the available 24 points.

Vancouver falls to 2-3-2 dropping 0-3-1 on the road this year, and 0-3-2 in their last five.

They play each other again at Vancouver on the 27th.

Box Score (with thanks to MLS)

FC Dallas 2 - 0 Vancouver Whitecaps FC

Referee: Jose Carlos Rivero
Attendance: 14,339

Scoring:

VAN - 29' - Brad Rusin (OG)
DAL - 50' - Blas Perez (Assist: Kenny Cooper)

Discipline:

VAN - 45' - Nigel Reo-Croker - Foul - Yellow
DAL - 61' - George John - Foul - Yellow

Last edited:
Turning into a tough year, my team is still at the bottom of the western conference. I'm still hoping for the future games to improve. will never stop being a Sounders fan.

The Houston Dynamo managed to finish with a draw yesterday at home against the Colorado Rapids. Our home unbeaten ways continue. We were down 1-0 at the half. The game ended in a 1-1 tie.

The Dynamo are currently 4-2-2 and 3rd in the East.

Back on May 13, 2013; the Houston Dynamo saw their home winning ways get snapped as Kansas City Sporting beat the Dynamo 1-0 at BBVA Compass Stadium here in Houston. All good things must come to an end, I guess...

The Houston Dynamo went from 30+ home wins without a loss or a draw... to two straight home losses. We failed 2-0 hosting the New England Revolution just now. Sad break for the Dynamo. But yeah... orange and white now can't defend home very well.

History could be made tonight. If Robbie Rogers (recently signed yesterday) of the Los Angeles Galaxy plays in their match tonight vs. Seattle, he will be the first openly-gay athlete to play in a professional game in a major North American sport. Los Angeles will host Seattle Sounders FC tonight at 11:00 PM EDT.

Here is a look at the MLS Standings as of the date of this post (italicized teams are currently in the playoff race):

--- EASTERN CONFERENCE ---
01 - New York Red Bulls (7-4-3, 24 points)
02 - Montreal Impact (7-2-2, 23 points)
03 - Sporting Kansas City (6-4-4, 22 points)
04 - Houston Dynamo (6-4-3, 21 points)
05 - Philadelphia Union (5-5-3, 18 points)

06 - New England Revolution (4-4-4, 16 points)
07 - Columbus Crew (4-4-3, 15 points)
08 - Chicago Fire (2-7-2, 8 points)
09 - Toronto FC (1-7-4, 7 points)
10 - D.C. United (1-9-2, 5 points)

--- WESTERN CONFERENCE ---
01 - FC Dallas (8-2-3, 27 points)
02 - Portland Timbers (5-1-7, 22 points)
03 - Real Salt Lake (6-5-3, 21 points)
04 - Colorado Rapids (5-4-4, 19 points)
05 - Los Angeles Galaxy (5-4-2, 17 points)

06 - Seattle Sounders (4-3-3, 15 points)
07 - San Jose Earthquakes (3-5-6, 15 points)
08 - Vancouver Whitecaps (3-4-4, 13 points)
09 - Chivas USA (3-7-2, 11 points)

That's all. Thanks for reading!

The MLS All-Star Game is tonight. Tonight, it's the MLS All-Stars taking on AS Roma of Italy's Serie A in Kansas City, Kansas- home of Kansas City Sporting. The game starts at 9PM EDT.

The MLS All-Stars only managed an inconsequential goal in extra time in the 2nd Half. AS Roma won 3-1 over the MLS All-Stars tonight. The very first goal was an Own Goal to put up AS Roma 1-0 early on. AS Roma pounded in two more goals and had some serious insurance to win this one.

Rare 50 yard goal scored tonight in the FC Dallas game. You can be able to see highlights soon on You Tube. FC Dallas won the game 3-1.

No MLS Cup for 2013 for my Houston Dynamo. We failed 2-1 at Kansas City Sporting. Or maybe it's a good thing we didn't make it since we've always lost to the Los Angeles Galaxy for the title. Better luck next season for the orange and white, I guess...

Back