[Mod] Gran Turismo 2.1

I noticed in the descriptions of some cars it says they have a LSD, twin plate clutch, etc and yet in the game they are not included by default. Why aren't the cars included with them? It's not realistic. Is there any way you can fix this?

Ah yeah, must've written it down so i could be reminded of it at some point. Clearly didn't do its job correctly lol
We'll see what i do and sure i'll credit you if i ever do it, but nothing is set in stone yet

I have two questions:
1. Will the full livery of Endless Skyline be in fashion?
2. How much will simulation mode weigh?

Attachments

• Screenshot_76.png
    Screenshot_76.png
    201.9 KB · Views: 53
I'd like to uncensor the Endless Skyline yes, eventually.
I don't understand your second question however.

I vaguely estimate my patch to be roughly 110mb for the version with my custom OST, and probably 10mb for the version that doesn't change the OST. If that's what you're asking for...

I vaguely estimate my patch to be roughly 110mb for the version with my custom OST, and probably 10mb for the version that doesn't change the OST. If that's what you're asking for...
When you come to support other regions than PAL, if you unify the regions like GT2+ does then that size will grow dramatically for the US releases - the patch is circa 120MB just to make US 1.2 GT Mode run with PAL data.

I'd like to uncensor the Endless Skyline yes, eventually.
I don't understand your second question however.

I mean, how many megabytes will the simulator mode take up.

You said you plan on adding new cars. What kind of cars, specifically? Mostly edits of existing cars, like trim levels? Or entirely new cars, like what we started seeing online, like that Lada, or some NFS cars?

And how's progress on the mod? Been having time to work on it?

The cars i'll add won't be ports form other games. Any car i'll bring into the game i'll make myself once i figure out a way i can make custom models with my setup (very close atm, got my first good results a few days ago).
Cars will be period accurate, and likely most of them will be cars that had a string name in the demos. Since the room for the max amount of cars in the game is very near vanilla levels, even then i'll probbably not have enough space for everything i'd like to include.

Not a lot of time sadly, this will take a long while to make, but i am working on it slowly. I finally figured out a way for me to make custom models without having to learn how to use Blender more than for the conversion process and some touch ups.

Made an updated R34 model as a test just a few days ago.

I noticed in the descriptions of some cars it says they have a LSD, twin plate clutch, etc and yet in the game they are not included by default. Why aren't the cars included with them? It's not realistic. Is there any way you can fix this?

@Skaarj I'd have to look into it but i thini it could be doable.
That reminded me... as you said you would be fixing some stuff, like the LSD, I don't remember exactly, TCS had a problem too, right? Did you fix it? And would it be possible to make cars that came with TCS from the factory feature them like that in-game? Like with LSD, twin-plate clutch, as he asked?

TCS has been fixed for a while on my end.
This was just a quici demo, i've since improved it to a level similar to how it works in GT3.

As for LSD there is nothing to fix as far as i'm aware. Cars that come with factory fitted LSD do have them in the game's data. It's just that they're not settable parts, they have fixed ratios. The LSD you can buy as a player are all settable ones, or aftermarket in other terms. So i won't be fitting upgraded parts by default, no. Also i'd need to check again, but i think GT2's not too great with stock-fitted upgrades.
Like if you ever upgrade to say stage 3 from a stage 1 pre-installation then in order to go back tl stage 1,you have to buy the part again, as GT2 wonlt register it as already bought.
That's what happens with race cars and TCS. In GT2, although it's disabled by default, race cars all come with an already fitted (and different part as the road cars, although it does the exact same) TCS, but it's not actually 'equipped'. The game lets you buy the TCS upgrade, which i assume fits the second TCS version, and you can't go back to the 'stock' racing TCS.
That's why besides for unbuyable/non-upgradable parts (like say muffler for a race car) it wouldn't be great to set non 'stock' parts.
In GT2 it's important to not think of 'normal' or stock parts as being road car or base parts.

Tldr: Even a car that comes with a 'normal' LSD still has internal base values for accel/decel/initial. They're just not visible until an upgrade is bought in the settings menu.

[...]i'd need to check again, but i think GT2's not too great with stock-fitted upgrades.
Like if you ever upgrade to say stage 3 from a stage 1 pre-installation then in order to go back tl stage 1,you have to buy the part again, as GT2 wonlt register it as already bought[...]
In the case of TCS, you can't go back to stock then, but about other parts, if you make the car be bought with a part, it doesn't register as having it.

But could you instead mod the base car to have the features it is supposed to have? Have them already have the stats of a modded version, and disable those parts from being bought, so instead, to switch back, you simply switch to stock, rather than that part?

Would that be too much work?

Wait so is it that you would like to have cars come with aftermarket parts from the factory ?
But what car even would need that kind of edit ?

With the current tools the car could be made entirely from scratch rather than being adapted onto the Stagea. I'd love to make it, but since Volvo isn't a brand present in GT2... likely won't.

With the current tools the car could be made entirely from scratch rather than being adapted onto the Stagea. I'd love to make it, but since Volvo isn't a brand present in GT2... likely won't.
On the subject of Super tourers.

Any chance of refining or remaking the RM’s so they look more like the actual race cars instead of painted road cars?

That's one of my goals. Although it may be a bit jarring to have a hatch Vectra become a sedan Vectra, but yeah. It's a goal. There are many cars i want to improve in such a way.

The R34 a few posts above was my first of such edits i'd like to make. So once i've fully understood the workflow i'll progressively edit loads of cars.

Last edited:
Это одна из моих целей. Хотя, возможно, будет немного неприятно, если хэтчбек Vectra станет седаном Vectra, но да. Это цель. Есть много автомобилей, которые я хотел бы улучшить таким образом.

R34 в нескольких постах выше был моим первым из таких изменений, которые я хотел бы внести. Поэтому, как только я полностью пойму рабочий процесс, я буду постепенно редактировать множество автомобилей.
Isn't Vectra a Liftback?

Last edited:
This looks very big!
Will you make One make races with upgraded cars? I know that events which have only 1 car uses the standard horsepower so its very easy to win.

Stock for non-rm, tuned to a level that would be relatively accurate to their IRL counterparts for RMs, if applicable

That's good enough :) Or make 'em use simulation (aka broken physics) tyres in non-RM races :)
Nice meme; seriously though, forcing the player to use stock cars for dealership races should be carefully considered with vehicles that are considered stock but have upgraded parts like those from TRD/Spoon/Tom's/etcetera.

I didnt want to force anything. Just a more power in AI cars.
One make races have no power/tyre limit anyway, so you can overpower your car how you want.
Just wanted to have more challenge on most of these races. Especially wheres there only 1 car with 1 engine possible.

Back