Mon 20:00-21:30 UK time - PC2 - Hosted by @IfAndOr - Please refer to new threadPS4 

Hello gentleracers, as always, here is my on-board and TV replay from yesterday's race:

What a race! I finally manage to finish the full 30min without driving off the track. That doesn't meant there weren't any mistakes, though, as you will see ;)
Qualifying is intense! The track is short, so there's a bunch of traffic, and the field is very close pace-wise. Only a bit more than 2s separate pole position from last, which is a first, if I remember correctly. Having been troubled by my practice times, I'm amazed to put the car on the front row with only the mighty @AndreasR clocking a faster lap. What a delight! :D Only after the race do I realize that I have set an identical time to @richroo, which is another first. All of this promises some intense racing, so let's go!
@rj5992's start from 4th position is blistering, and he's squeezed through a gap into 2nd place even before Paddock Hill Bend. I have the inside line, though, and we go down the hill side by side. He's edging away, at one point being half a car-length in front of me, but leaves the door open for Druids. I brake as late as I dare, not wanting to run into him, lose my position and look mighty foolish in the process. When he turns in, my car is firmly on his right side, occupying the inside line through the corner and I retake the position. This is pretty intense, confirmed by my fitness tracker readout that measures a heart rate of 136 :lol:
I settle into a rhythm quickly, and some pressure is relieved at the end of lap 1, as major carnage erupts through Clark Curve behind me. What follows now can be described as "chasing the Iceman" :cool: His pace is blisteringly quick and, crucially, he doesn't make any mistakes. Still, and to my own astonishment, I manage to keep the gap stable at about 1s, but accruing a 2s time penalty in the process. Behind me, @lancerevoo is giving chase, but judging from the TV replay might be hampered by some slown penalties of his own.
At the halfway distance at the end of lap 18, I dive into the pits in an attempt to undercut @AndreasR. But what is this! :scared: I overshot my pit box and have to reverse the car, losing precious seconds that will come to hurt me later... Ouch! 🤬
The result is immediate. When @AndreasR pits 3 laps later, the gap between us has increased to 4s. Even more painful, when @lancerevoo exits the pits, having left his stop to the last seconds of the pit window, he emerges in front of me by just 1s...
But it is what it is, and I try to make the best of it by putting pressure on him. He just might be "persuaded" into a mistake if I occupy his mirrors for some time. It's a pendulum kind of affair, because I catch up through Paddock Hill Bend and Druids, but he gets the better of me through Graham Hill Bend and Clarks Curve. At lap 27, he gets it wrong through the 1st corner and shortly drifts off the road, but the gap is too big to take advantage.
We slowly catch up to race leader @AndreasR, and as we approach @John Wells on lap 31, it looks like a three-way fight for the win. @AndreasR slips past on the way down to Graham Hill Bend, and @lancerevoo follows at the entry of McLaren. I want to do likewise, but the gap unfortunately closes and I run into the back of @John Wells . Sorry, John, I was too eager to take the fight to @lancerevoo, that I didn't notice you hadn't seen me. If we were living close to each other, I would buy you a Guinness now :cheers: On the upside, none of us spins the car, but as a result the gap in front is too large to close within the remaining 3min.
From now on, I take the foot of the throttle (twice literally so to avoid more time penalties), and enjoy my season best finish. Feels good to be on the podium again after quite some time :P Even managed to snatch the fastest lap of the race :dopey:

Last edited:
Sorry I couldn't make it. My day was all planned out so I could attend, but on one of our big jobs (I do commercial window cleaning)the guy who does it usually, or at least part of it, decided to go home early AND do a poor job of what he did do. So, I had to go over all of his work and then do mine.

Anyway, should be there next week! I've never raced Bannochbrae before, so I'm going to practice that a bit. Also, I've noticed I'm ahead of two guys named "VACANT" in the standings:cool:

That little chicane near the end seems to have a penalty attached to it. I'll have to check that out. But all in all, it's a great course. Fast, pretty, and some fun corners

Edit - I've run about 5 or 6 practice laps, then did 2 races of 9 laps each in a 15 car field. I'm really enjoying this course. It's not a bore to drive by any means. It reminds me of a smaller, more pleasant driving Nordschleiffe. My first race I fought my way to the top 5, had a couple of lapses (including one bit of AI foolishness) and finished second to last. I then did it again, had a couple mishaps in the first few laps, but buckled down and won. Mind you, the AI was only on 35 difficulty. My opponents on Monday will no doubt be much faster! @IfAndOr showed up on my loading screen having posted a 2:39....and my PB is only 2:54! Oh well, should be fun :D. Looking forward to next Monday! Now I gotta go give my hands an ice bath after all that racing:lol:

Last edited:
Project CARS 2_20200205100630.jpg
Project CARS 2_20200205100729.jpg
Project CARS 2_20200205100801.jpg
Project CARS 2_20200205100845.jpg
Project CARS 2_20200205100948.jpg
Project CARS 2_20200205101003.jpg
Project CARS 2_20200205101021.jpg
Project CARS 2_20200205101047.jpg
Project CARS 2_20200205101402.jpg
Project CARS 2_20200205101547.jpg
Project CARS 2_20200205101738.jpg
Project CARS 2_20200205101825.jpg
Project CARS 2_20200205101851.jpg
Project CARS 2_20200205102130.jpg
Project CARS 2_20200205102255.jpg
Project CARS 2_20200205102329.jpg
Project CARS 2_20200205102723.jpg
Project CARS 2_20200205102735.jpg
Project CARS 2_20200205102804.jpg
Project CARS 2_20200205103003.jpg
Project CARS 2_20200205103154.jpg
Project CARS 2_20200205103335.jpg
Project CARS 2_20200205103442.jpg
Project CARS 2_20200205103636.jpg
Project CARS 2_20200205103905.jpg
Project CARS 2_20200205104135.jpg
Project CARS 2_20200205104251.jpg
Project CARS 2_20200205104334.jpg
Project CARS 2_20200205104633.jpg
Project CARS 2_20200205105320.jpg
Project CARS 2_20200205105933.jpg
Project CARS 2_20200205110031.jpg
Project CARS 2_20200205110240.jpg
Project CARS 2_20200205110507.jpg
Project CARS 2_20200205110616.jpg
Project CARS 2_20200205111025.jpg
Project CARS 2_20200205111114.jpg

@IfAndOr showed up on my loading screen having posted a 2:39...
Did I?! I must be good because I can't remember ever going around there in a formula rookie! :)
I'm not sure where those times are collected from, might have been in a different car. Or I could have just forgot. So many tracks with so many cars.

If you like Bannochbrae try it at sunrise or sunset, it's quite picturesque. Nice at night too, the Church is lit up. Probably not in the Rookie though - it's hasn't got any lights!

I can remember a Lotus 25 race we had at Bannochbrae where there was a large pile up at the first corner. Let's try and avoid that this time chaps - especially since we're now back to "go on green". No race was ever won on the 1st corner etcetera... ;)

If you like Bannochbrae try it at sunrise or sunset, it's quite picturesque. Nice at night too, the Church is lit up. Probably not in the Rookie though - it's hasn't got any lights!

I found that out the hard way! I had the 'Ring in a practice race and had the time set to 60x in a custom race. First the rain came, then the darkness! It was a harrowing drive:eek::nervous:

Hi
I would like to join, never raced online with PC2 or them old cars
Would like to see how I do against other drivers.

Welcome Hygrade.

I have accepted your friend request, added you to the relevant PSN conversation and asked the guys to friend you for practise purposes etc. @John Wells normally opens a practise room before the race, which you can join if you have time.

I start the race room at 20:30 (UK Time - GMT) - we go straight into qualifying then the race. Remember to click "Ready" after the qualifying otherwise the game deletes you from the grid. The game gives you 2 minutes comfort break before the race start, by which time you have to click "Ready".

The track is very narrow and difficult to pass so ALL DRIVERS please take extra care. If you are stuck behind someone and struggling to pass - try passing via a pit stop. There is one stop with a pit window from 10 minutes till 20 minutes into the 30 minute race.

Good luck everyone!

PS - I watched Ford vs Ferrari (USA Title), Le Mans '66 (UK Title) on Friday and found it enjoyable, heavily hollywoodised (Fast and Furious style gear shifts etc.), well acted, but not a patch on "Rush" for example. I expected to have to give it a lot of leeway for factual errors, but there were more than expected which for me detracted from the story. Maybe a documentary would have been a better format for the story - I think the real story is more incredible than the made up bits from the film. My verdict - worth seeing, but then read the book "Go Like Hell" for a great read and the facts.

Anyone else who has seen it, I would love to hear your thoughts!

Welcome Hygrade.

I have accepted your friend request, added you to the relevant PSN conversation and asked the guys to friend you for practise purposes etc. @John Wells normally opens a practise room before the race, which you can join if you have time.

I start the race room at 20:30 (UK Time - GMT) - we go straight into qualifying then the race. Remember to click "Ready" after the qualifying otherwise the game deletes you from the grid. The game gives you 2 minutes comfort break before the race start, by which time you have to click "Ready".

The track is very narrow and difficult to pass so ALL DRIVERS please take extra care. If you are stuck behind someone and struggling to pass - try passing via a pit stop. There is one stop with a pit window from 10 minutes till 20 minutes into the 30 minute race.

Good luck everyone!

PS - I watched Ford vs Ferrari (USA Title), Le Mans '66 (UK Title) on Friday and found it enjoyable, heavily hollywoodised (Fast and Furious style gear shifts etc.), well acted, but not a patch on "Rush" for example. I expected to have to give it a lot of leeway for factual errors, but there were more than expected which for me detracted from the story. Maybe a documentary would have been a better format for the story - I think the real story is more incredible than the made up bits from the film. My verdict - worth seeing, but then read the book "Go Like Hell" for a great read and the facts.

Anyone else who has seen it, I would love to hear your thoughts!

That's for the click ready information, i think that happened to me I was left a few open lobby & didn't know what I did wrong.

About car:
Tried a few times & hell them cars are hard to drive, I can see why most newbie pick the Ginetta as a starting point...lol.

One thing I do like about GTS is the in built community post..
I have had 3 lobby races frist one I was P2 but did something wrong & left lobby:embarrassed:
2nd race I was P2 at race end #team Merc.
3rd race I got DQ I turned on my pit limiter to early then off again then entered the pit to fast:lol::lol::lol: learning the hard way.

Update
Just had a customer book me for 6.30pm on Monday. If all goes right I should be back in time.
Money comes 1st when you're self-employed.

Last edited:
Nice to meet you @Hygrade B - I've just got back into this myself. I have been practising Bannochbrae all week, but unfortunately I won't be racing tomorrow. We had to make one final appointment for our 17 year old cat:guilty:

And that appointment is just before the race. So, I'll no doubt be comforting my wife. Sorry guys. I really want to race!

We had to make one final appointment for our 17 year old cat
Aww that's sad news. It's always a wrench to lose them, especially after 17 years it is certainly part off the family. You take care of your wife, there's always another time for racing.

My previous cat got to 20! My current moggie is going strong, except she has got to have a couple of teeth removed next Monday - expensively!
So pending on her recovery from anaesthetic etc I may be missing myself next week.

Hello everyone,

here's my on-board and TV replay from yesterday:

The summary is quickly done this time. Carnage through the first couple of turns :scared:, and then a lonely race to 3rd place from thereon. If I find the time, I'll upload a video that can unravel what happened at the start.

Cheers and see you all on track next week :gtpflag:

Last edited:
Lovely shots of our Sunday Monday drive out in the country @John Wells. Luckily it was a nice sunny day that allowed us to see the great scenery. Perhaps I should have been looking at the road more than the yachts bobbing on the loch. ;)

I like this picture of me and Napalm(?).

Keep death off the road. Drive on the paths.
Project CARS 2_20200211200223.jpg

(I think we thought it was the pit lane. :))

Hi everyone....
A lot of you may remember me, others not. Just really wanted to say a big HI THERE to all. We finally moved to a new house across town from the old, and lo and behold, I have 3 times the internet signal I used to....so that is not an issue to my online racing anymore!
However, my work schedule has become such that I could not rejoin either race day group for the foreseeable future...just wanted to stay in touch with my old comrades.
Well, good luck to your current race groups...see you around the pike as say here in the USA!
Skip7950

I prepared a short clip that should shed some light into the mass collision from the start of the race at Bannochbrae:

In short: @richroo loses the rear into the first right hander, touches the inside rock and rebounds onto the track. Everyone else either crashes or spins, trying to avoid a collision :eek: How @Harsk100 and me made it through it unscathed is still a mystery to me

the mass collision from the start of the race at Bannochbrae:
Yeah Mr Rich said on Wednesday he had a bit of an incident. :)

It was quite comical, well for me anyway. I was at the back and couldn't quite see what was going on so I followed John's path thinking he had a better view being in front. Except he drove straight into it and I drove into him. I ended up still pointing the right way though.

Last edited:
Back