Mon 20:00-21:30 UK time - PC2 - Hosted by @IfAndOr - Please refer to new threadPS4 

Next challenge, the Season Pass installed, but the tracks are not there...
Do I have to do something extra before they are listed? I tried rebooting the PS4.
The pass only unlocks them, you have to download each pack individually from the store. I think you can select them if you go onto the PC2 icon and go down to the bottom, there's a quick access to the correct store page there. You should see all the packs and since you have the pass you should be able to download them - they might say free on them. Give that a try.

New toy arrived BBJ button box. Quite nice product but a bit expensive.
Finally I have all buttons mapped I need.
F53574B1-9184-4454-8C70-23E5EE35A61A.jpeg

Hi guys! - sorry I've been missing in action from the thread for a while! I will try to get the points table updated tomorrow.

Glad you got the Season Pass @half and the button box looks fantastic @Napalm

It looks like this "social distancing" is set to continue in the UK for a while, meaning that real life historic race meetings will not be taking place. I will therefore be unable to enjoy my Friday mornings at Brands Hatch and my regular trips on weekends to car shows and classic races - sad times! I have therefore decided to do the following - continue with PC2 on Monday evenings, but hold an informal meeting on GTS on Thursday evenings - this will comprise short races. During the Covid 19 outbreak I propose to hold a formal meeting on GTS on alternate Saturday's. These meetings will be split into two sessions with a lunch break and people will be able to sign up for either the morning or afternoon session - or both if they have time. The meetings will be inspired by Goodwood, Le Mans Classic, Monterey Historic and the Masters Historic series and / or actual historic events.

I will start a new conversation to discuss the above with you all - obviously current racers on PC2 will have preference, followed by former members of Sick's Race Room - there are quite a few people who didn't come across to Project Cars with us, but opted for AC or GTS. Let me know your thoughts after I have started that new conversation - @IfAndOr - please invite anyone from our current PC2 group that I miss!

Thanks to all racers for your support and stay safe!

That's very kind of you, but I didn't want to deprive people of their second dose of PC2!
I sometimes run a session on a Friday too so there's still scope for more PC2. Up to you but you might attract more of the regulars if you run it on a day on which they are usually free. Those who have GT anyway.

Gutted to miss out on the race. For once I practiced on the correct track! Two weeks ago I practiced on Les Essart when the race was at Le Sarte; last week I practiced on short Les Essart when the race was on long Les Essart (all my own fault for not checking properly).

Still getting used to PC2 and I think I pressed 'Back to Race Lobby' after qualifying, thinking it was where the race would start, but it took me out of the room. I tried clicking on the room invitation again, but that would only let me spectate. Watched a few laps of the battle at the front; great racing.

Hello fellas,

here's my on-board from the final Graham Hill Tribute race. Due to yesterday's glitchiness, I couldn't save the replay, so there's no TV replay inset this time.

This is the last race of the season, and I still haven't fully figured out how to start fast in these things :lol: I do manage to start fast enough to keep my 3rd place with some clever positioning of my car and fair driving from the racers behind. @lancerevoo has a monstrous get away from the very back of the field and is challeniging me after just the first corner 👍 I hold him off for a little bit, but his great exit out of the last turn leaves me vulnerable. I defend down the pit straight, but @lancerevoo was a stunning 3s faster then me in qualifying, so I don't put up too much of a fight and he passes into turn 1.
A couple of corners later, @Napalm_LT has a gravel excursion and I get my 3rd place back ;) His pace is faster than mine at this point and he stays within about 1s, putting lots of pressure on me. But it's tough to pass around this undulating track that twists its way through the Tuscany countryside, and I'm defending more forcefully than before down the main straight, which leads to some tense side by side action into turn 1. Not finding a way past, @Napalm_LT dives into the pits after lap 3 to undercut me.
I know it's on now, and try to get as fast an inlap as possible. This extends to the pit entry, and here I get things wrong. I misjudge the breaking distance and get slapped with a 10s pit lane speeding penalty. Harsh, but there's no point in arguing, too fast is too fast :yuck: I'm livid with myself that only when watching the replay I realize that @lancerevoo is opting for a new set of tires. Interesting... :odd: (or is this a standard pit stop animation from PC2?) Nevertheless, my inlap and pit stop are fast enough to retain the position in front of @Napalm_LT, even exetending the gap a little.
On lap 8, I close up to @Hygrade B, who either had a lightning fast pit stop or none at all :P I manage to find a way past him, but my gap to @Napalm_LT has all but disappeared. We both pass an ailing @AndreasR, and all of the sudden we're fighting for positions 2 and 3. It doesn't last long, unfortunately, because I screw up the exit of the blind uphill right hander on the far side of the track, Arrabbiata2, accelerate with the left rear wheel on the gravel and spin out :(
I race @joedakiss, who's in front of me now, until the finish line but never come close enough to mount a serious challenge. Time penalties for @Hygrade B mean I finish 5th, with the gap to @Don Mejillone just large enough to cover the 10s penalty from my faulty pit entry.

I really enjoyed driving these old F1 cars, but they sure took some time to get used to :cool: Their suspension is so soft that using the weight travel of the car becomes a major factor, which it's not in todays stiffly sprung machines. Once I did get a hang of it, though, they were so much fun!!!
Now I'm longing for something with a little more (or any ;)) downforce and am excited what @Sick Cylinder will have in store for us next monday.

Cheers to everyone for all the great racing and finishing another season! :cheers:

Last edited:
I'm not convinced that the results for the race are correct so I've decided not to count that round - I'm also not sure if everyone had a pit stop. It had to be shortened from 30 minutes to 20 minutes because of the problem with the first room - I couldn't get my car to move! Maybe that track is glitched - in the last version of the game it was Silverstone Classic that was unusable online - maybe Mugello is bugged!

maybe Mugello is bugged!
We've used it before without problems as far as I remember. And I often use the short version on Wednesday.

I think there was a general network problem. My PS4 disconnected later with messages "to many requests". I believe Virgin had a nation wide fault around that time so maybe others had too.

I think Simba's results are good, they show the positions after penalties are taken into account. And since he's across the channel he might not have suffered the same glitches. Not sure on pit stops.

i'm to old for punishing lap speed and cat like reflexes. thank you "
:P
Bout sums it up. I'd need to up my medication to keep pace. Or drink more coffee. :)

The LMP2s are pretty good. I drove one in Tav's 2.4 hours of Lemons some time back. I enjoyed it.

If the boss approves. I'll have the #11 JS P2 Nissan Ligier. It's the one I used in the above race.
I quite like the Oreca LMP2, but that's not in the options.

Last edited:
Back