Mon 20:00-21:30 UK time - PC2 - Hosted by @IfAndOr - Please refer to new threadPS4 

Results from Azure Circuit

Azure Circuit.jpg

Bought H-shifter more than half year ago, tried it few times but was much slower than with paddles and never used it again.
New year - new challanges. Decided to use shifter every time if a real car has it. So it was my first race with shifter and I am more than happy with the result. It was very difficult to see how Rich is disapearing ahead and not to start use padles :)
It is briliant car to learn use shifter.

BTW, if the WED race is postponed maybe we should return to weekend race idea?

^^^​
Oh yes Sick I swapped into number 3. I noticed John was in a similar colour to my original choice so thought I'd change. And it has teeth on its nose cone.

My race was hampered by incorrect footwear. Since I hadn't raced for a while I'd moved my thin soled "racing slippers" away. I started in my old slippers and they initially seemed OK, but in the heat of the race I began to get my foot caught under the clutch pedal when pressing the brake. This eventually caused me to crash. During my pitstop I tried changing slippers but ran out of time so ended up with 2 different types on. Stupidly I didn't change my braking foot first so my problems continued!

Live and learn. My "racing slippers" are now back by the "rig".

By the way good to be back with you chaps again.

Hello all, I hope that everyone is well and still enjoying their racing!

Firstly, I must sincerely apologise for dropping off the face of the earth in recent months. Life at home has been...interesting...and, unfortunately, not all of it very good. It has really distracted me from everything else going on - including the online racing. I've just had no time to accommodate everything.

The reality of my current situation is that I probably can't commit to racing any time soon - if ever - which is a bit of a shame. So much so I think the wheel and my games will be heading off to eBay sometime in the next week or so, potentially along with my collection of Sony consoles (1 - 4!)

I still make the 'actual' racing, and have my season tickets ready in anticipation of the new year. So any of you heading to Brands over the coming months, maybe I'll see you there.

I think it's just the realisation of how many hours I lose in my life to sitting in front of a TV screen, and how much of the wider world I'm missing - haha!

It's all a bit of a shame, but I don't want to mess any one around any more than I already have by my non-attendance. I have just seen that the Wednesday night racing has been postponed, and I really hope I've not played a part in influencing that decision too much.

You are a really great bunch, and have always been very friendly. Perhaps I'll have more time when PS5 rolls around and PC3 gets released! So I hope that this isn't so much of 'goodbye' than a 'see you soon'.

I may keep my GTPlanet account, but I haven't really figured that bit out yet.

Sorry to hear of your troubles and also sorry to hear you won't be joining us. At least for a while anyway. Life does throw you a curve ball on occasions and you have to adjust to compensate.

Hopefully all the best for the future. And has you say, see you soon.

I may keep my GTPlanet account, but I haven't really figured that bit out yet.
No need to worry about that. The account is continuous, you can either use it by visiting or not. It'll still be there.

@ShaunyB - sorry to hear that real life has been getting in the way. I seem to have less time as well, which is my main reason for dropping the Wednesday races. I'm hoping to catch up with you in person at Brands in 2020.

I'll send you a private message re your wheel etc. as I have a friend who might be interested.

PS - great pictures as always @John Wells

I'll post up the points table asap - probably after the second round - been a bit busy recently with work and family etc.

I was under the impression that January was a quiet month but it seems like anything but for a lot of people, me included!

Sad to see you go for a bit Shauny. I'm hoping to visit brands a lot more this year, I've got a lot more time on the weekends now and I've just bought a new bike so it gives me a good reason to take it for a ride more often! I'll start up a conversation with Sick, me and yourself so we can check what meetings we're going to and know who to look out for. More of a reason to keep your GT planet account!

Hoping I can make it tonight, I have a driving lesson but should be done before 8.

Hi guys,

here's my onboard from Monday:

Sadly, I forgot to save the replay in time, so there's no pic-in-pic or stand-alone TV replay this time.

Ah, and let me know if you're still interested in my (biased ;)) write-ups, either as bullet points or full text. They do take a bit of time to compose, and writing them would depend on the fact that they are actually read :lol:

Last edited:
Let me know if you're still interested in my (biased ;)) write-ups, either as bullet points or full text. They do take a bit of time to compose, and writing them would depend on the fact that they are actually read :lol:

I used to do written summaries of the races, but found it took a lot of time so stopped a few years back - it was always my hope that someone else would take over! If you have the time and enjoy the writing then carry on - maybe notes or bullet points are a good compromise.

@rj5992 - that is a seriously large amount of gaming for someone with a job!

I did my 2019 PlayStation Wrap Up.
I tried but it didn't seem to want to work. Probably for the best! :)

let me know if you're still interested in my write-ups
I always find them interesting and amusing but realise they must take a while to write. Abbreviated notes would be fine. But do them if you have time and don't if if you don't. ;)

You never said Willi, how did your studies go, did you get the result you wanted?

Are you well again @Sick Cylinder? Or maybe it wasn't yourself.

Hi guys,

here's my onboard from Monday:

Sadly, I forgot to save the replay in time, so there's no pic-in-pic or stand-alone TV replay this time.

Ah, and let me know if you're still interested in my (biased ;)) write-ups, either as bullet points or full text. They do take a bit of time to compose, and writing them would depend on the fact that they are actually read :lol:

I read them and love them great when your in all the action keep it up pls

Hi guys,

thank you very much for the feedback on my write-ups! I enjoy writing them, and knowing they are appreciated is very motivating :D I'll keep composing them, then, with the format depending on my available time.

Here's Monday's onboard as well as the TV replay:

I'll add the summary tomorrow at some point. Watch this space!

EDIT: Here it is! :D

I qualify in a strong 4th place, a position I didn't expect after the great pace shown by many racers during practice. But I manage to shave off almost a second from my training time, so here we go!
Unlike the Ferrari 512LM, I'm actually not too bad at starting these "grown up" carts ;) Having managed to defend my position in Monaco and even gain one at Oulton Park, I feel confident about the start. Thinking about my terribly inconsistent race here in Imola with the Ferrari 512LM, I'm dreading the 30min that will follow the start...
My getaway is decent but nothing special. I keep my position, but see the top 3 disappear into the distance on lap1, already, such is their speed. It's only a mistake by @Don Mejillone through the Aqua Minerali chicane, that let's me slip onto a podium position.
Knowing I can't keep up the leaders, my focus shifts to building a fast and, even more important, reliable pace. Concentration has been my achilles heel during the last couple of seasons, but the Formula Rookie cars are less demanding due to their low speed (unless you drive onto the curbs in Imola, that is :odd:). First @Don Mejillone, then @richroo put on the pressure until I crack coming out of the 2nd Rivazza corner on lap 2. A harsh step on the throttle pedal at the wrong time causes the car to oversteer and I lose precious momentum for the main straight. I brake as late as I possibly dare for turn one, but so does @richroo. There's is slight contact between my front left and his right rear tire, but we both manage to get through the corner (more or less) in one piece. I'm not sure whether I should yield the position after the contact, and decide not to. Watching the TV replay, I might as well should have 💡 But @richroo doesn't have to wait long, as I get it totally wrong at the Aqua Minerali chicane and he slips past. I'm not terribly sad, though, because the three now leading were unrealistic for me to either catch or keep behind all race, anyway.
Unfortunately, my offroad adventures coupled with the steep incline at the end of the chicane open the door for @beachboy6658, as well. Now starts the most enjoyable part of my race. I closely follow him for the next couple of laps, even slipping past on lap 5 approaching the Rivazzas, only to lose the position again immediately :lol: I feel that he could be faster, but maybe is driving with his mirrors too much, so I start to slowly close the gap. On lap 7, we approach a struggling @John Wells right before the Variante Alta. I'm so eager to use this for a sneaky pass, I don't realize @beachboy6658 choses the same line coming out of the chicane, and give him a little push start for the following straight :P
I had already decided to copy his pit strategy to stay present in his mirrors and keep the pressure up. However, a combination of a good pit entry and fast stop see me coming out in front by just a few centimeters. Guess who is putting on the pressure now? :D:D I'm partly happy, because I wanted to take that position eventually, anyway, but also anxious about having to defend it now for the latter half of the race. Doubts about my former performances under pressure creep into my mind.
A second pass of @John Wells at Tosa on lap 9 is trouble free for both of us. What creates trouble, though, is my hyper aggressive line through the second Rivazza corner on the same lap. I don't lose the rear, but still have to go off the track, and @beachboy6658 says "Thank you very much!" Well, maybe I can reel him in again, and even if not: I'm having a blast and the last 6-7 laps have been invaluable practice for close racing!
Another slide through Aqua Minerali on lap 11 that is a carbon copy of my former one seals my fate. The gap is too big to be closed without @beachboy6658 making a mistake. But although I lost a position compared to my starting one, I'm happy with my performance and manage to bring the car home without any other (serious ;)) mistakes. The plethora of time penalties at the end then elevates me back to 4th place :dopey:

What a great race! What fun! Looking forward to the Nordschleife already, which will probably be crazy :D

You never said Willi, how did your studies go, did you get the result you wanted?

Thx for asking, Paul :) It's still an ongoing process. I didn't manage my self-proclaimed christmas deadline, but that's not too bad. It was pretty ambitious anyway. I'm making good progress and hope to finish my PhD within the next 2 months.

Last edited:
EDIT: Here it is!
I can't like the post again. So "Like".

My (somewhat shorter) race report. Yay I completed the race with my car intact this week. And overtook Rich after the race had ended. :)

Concentration has been my achilles heel during the last couple of seasons
Actually my achilles heel has been my achilles heel recently. I seem to have developed tendonitis in my left foot. Too much PC2ing! Good job I only use it for braking. :dopey:

Actually my achilles heel has been my achilles heel recently.
you lucky i had accident and broke my foot, for the last 5 years i have had to battle thro .broke the plate and screw holding it together and still use it to brake,f for some reason i can't drive normaly when i get in the race seat . Hope to get it fixed again this year.... :)

Back