Project CARS 2_20191212202814.jpg
Project CARS 2_20191212203017.jpg
Project CARS 2_20191212203043.jpg
Project CARS 2_20191212203106.jpg
Project CARS 2_20191212203343.jpg
Project CARS 2_20191212203438.jpg

Congratulations Champion @AndreasR (SimbaLora) and Vice-Champion @WiSchmo
Wed Ferrari 512BB LM Round 6 Long Beach GP.jpg

Have a Great Christmas and New Year holiday everyone!

Last race of the year is next Monday at the Nordschleife using the front engine Indy car - the Agajanian Watson Roadster. It is our tribute to Fangio - his last F1 race win, which clinched him a 5th World title in 1957. His comeback to win after a bad pit stop is considered the greatest F1 race of all time!

Last edited:
Here's the replay of our season finale. Congrats to @AndreasR for sweeping both championships :gtpflag:

I can't believe that this is already the last race with the Ferrari 512 BB LM. I have to say, the car has really grown on me and again a big thanks to @Sick Cylinder for selecting it in the first place.

• Pre-race: What is going on here??? I put the car on pole position 0.9s faster than 2nd place :eek: This has never happened before, ever! But instead of giving me confidence, the pressure in my head mounts...
  • Lap 1: Once again, my start is not optimal, and I lose my position to a fast starting @richroo. Approaching the 1st corner, you can see @beachboy6658 diving for a great pass, but @AndreasR is having none of it and regains his position before we reach the roundabout. I get ready for some close following, but can pass @richroo quickly when he loses the rear under braking for turn 6. I manage to pull a gap to the field quickly and try settle into a rhythm. If I can add consistency to my pace, this should be doable.
  • Lap 2: Aforementioned consistency last for exactly one more lap :rolleyes: Coming downhill after Firestone Turn, I get the weight transfer all wrong and I lose the rear. I reverse quickly, but @AndreasR, @beachboy6658 and @Don Mejillone all slip past me. I'm a little lucky, though, because contact in the following hairpin lets me recover one place right away.
  • Lap 3: I steal 2nd place, when @beachboy6658 has a moment in the middle of turn 6. His car suddenly jerks to the right and straight into the wall. The whole thing looks very weird :odd: Technical issues with the wheel, possibly?
  • Lap 9: Pacewise, I should be able to chase down @AndreasR, who is about 1-2s ahead. However, a near spin and some hairy wall moments tell me I should ease of for the sake of bringing the car home in one piece. This works well and I manage stable lap times, but they're not fast enough to challenge for the race win. Coming up to some backmarkers, I decide to pit a lap earlier than planned to avoid losing time passing them on this tight street circuit. I must have missed the proper braking point for the stop, however, as the crew fumbles a wheelnut (again!) :mad: After what feels like eternity being stuck in the pits, I'm determined to have a fast outlap, wary that @Don Mejillone wasn't far behind before my stop. It works out, just, as he exits the pits right when I barrel down the main straight. Looking at the replay, I think I'm partly saved by the pit exit line that prevents him from any defensive maneuvers.
  • Lap 12: @Don Mejillone follows me at a stable interval, until I repeat my mistake from lap 2 and again lose my rear and spin. From thereon, the pressure is off, because the gap to the car behind is massive. I try to reel @Don Mejillone in for a bit, but his consistency is stellar and a couple of near-spins out of turn 8 tell me mine is not. I then take it easy and enjoy the sunrise :D
I wish everyone of you a merry Christmas and a happy New Year! :)

I just want to say that I massively enjoy the races, always having a blast on track, and am grateful to have found (or been introduced to, thanks again, @IfAndOr) such a friendly group of racers. To many more great races! :cheers:

Last edited:
The Wednesday race thread is now closed, please refer to the Monday Thread

Poster Jan to Apr 2020.jpg

Note - Wednesday racing has been suspended until further notice

Due to recent low attendance on Monday's and Wednesday's, I have decided to stop the Wednesday race meetings and consolidate the racing onto Monday's. I hope to continue racing on Monday's until the next Project Cars game is released.

Apologies to all for any inconvenience caused

It's a new year and I'm back and ready to race... Oh wait! Where is everybody?

Hmm. Wednesdays, and the rest of the week, will seem a bit bare.

Now I'm PS Plused up again maybe I could do something along the lines of my original idea on Wednesdays. It might prove to be more convenient for everyone since they are normally available around that time anyway (the time was a slight stumbling block for some). Sick could also then join in without having to organise things. Give him a rest. :)

If that's OK with @Sick Cylinder that is?

Might be a bit short notice for this week but I'll have a think about it and see what I can come up with maybe for next week.

If it all went well then the weekend(ish) idea might also be a thing.

If you are going to arrange something to fill in IF,let us know
I reckon I will. I've got some car ideas sorted out. Just got to figure out what to do with them next.

A question to those who are interested in continuing on Wednesday, would you prefer series/championships similar to Sick's or slightly more random stuff? Or a mix of both might be good I suppose.

If anyone is about tonight do you fancy trying out some rallycross (or possibly ice!)? I'm intrigued as to how it runs in multiplayer since I've never tried it and it might work for a future series. Short 10 minute races starting about 8pm (join at any time) until we get fed up. We'll try the Olsbergs RX Supercar Lite (I've got #82), it's not too fast!
If the RX idea doesn't work I'll swap to something else.

f anyone is about tonight do you fancy trying out some rallycross (or possibly ice!)? I'm intrigued as to how it runs in multiplayer since I've never tried it and it might work for a future series. Short 10 minute races starting about 8pm (join at any time) until we get fed up. We'll try the Olsbergs RX Supercar Lite (I've got #82), it's not too fast!

That's a good idea, don't think you can have qualifying though I think.

That's a good idea, don't think you can have qualifying though I think.
Probably won't bother with qualifying John since it's only really a trial run just to see if it works. Perhaps 5 mins practice then the race - times maybe altered. I'm not even sure how many it will allow on track. It's all a bit new so bear with me! ;)

I reckon I will. I've got some car ideas sorted out. Just got to figure out what to do with them next.

A question to those who are interested in continuing on Wednesday, would you prefer series/championships similar to Sick's or slightly more random stuff? Or a mix of both might be good I suppose.

If anyone is about tonight do you fancy trying out some rallycross (or possibly ice!)? I'm intrigued as to how it runs in multiplayer since I've never tried it and it might work for a future series. Short 10 minute races starting about 8pm (join at any time) until we get fed up. We'll try the Olsbergs RX Supercar Lite (I've got #82), it's not too fast!

Is anything going to be planned for tonight?

I've got a suggestion. The most fun evening I've ever had in a random lobby was when I stumbled upon a bunch of guys doing short 5/6 lap races on sprint tracks using road, track day and lower powered racing cars. No qualifying at all, so the grids are random.

We could perhaps pick a track for the evening and then do 2 races in each car. Could get 3 cars (6 races) in an evening.

I wasn't sure that there was much interest for Wednesdays since there haven't been many replies. I'm still keen though so I've been formulating any idea for a series of races. Last week Rich, John and myself had a bit of a test out. Seemed to work.

If there's anyone about this evening I'll open a room and perhaps we can test out the cars I have planned.

short 5/6 lap races on sprint tracks using road, track day and lower powered racing cars. No qualifying at all, so the grids are random.
It's a bit of a variation of this. 3 cars are involved!

To save cluttering Sick's thread I'll create a message with further details on my ideas.

I will join time to time, especially if we start a bit earlier than Sic's races (today I am off)
Tonight it'll hopefully be around 8pm, if not a little earlier. About the same time as John's normal practice room. Finish when we finish. :)

Again if anyone fancies a few laps on a Wednesday I'll try out last week's cars around Sakitto.

Starting at around 8pm

Olsberg Supercar Lite
(RX lites)
Sakitto International (1.76 miles) 2 x 10 minute races.

Radical SR3-RS (Track day B)
Sakitto National (1.92 miles) 2 x 15 minute races.

Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VI SVA (Track day A)
Sakitto Sprint (2.19 miles) 2 x 15 minute races.

5 minutes practice before the 1st race in each car.
Race length might be adjusted to suit the amount of people. We'll see how the time goes and maybe add a few more Olsberg races.

Last edited:
I'll put this here, because I don't want to clog up the active season thread, but talk about consistency in motorsport! M-Sport Ford has scored points in every rally event since Monte Carlo 2002, and have now made it 250 rallies in a row, completed at this year's Monte Carlo rally! :eek:

Not sure anything like this has ever been done before, or will be done again. And they're still going strong :D

Last edited:
Why are they wearing snorkels in the cover picture above!? Are they expecting heavy rain?

You've given me an idea for Wednesday though. I'll work on it. And no it doesn't require the use of a snorkel. Although if you want to wear one that's up to you.

Back