Monday Night Racing (Recruiting)

• Thread starter MasterGT
  • 259 comments
Canada
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
MastrGT
Monday Night Racing continues the tradition of weeknight racing (Eastern Time Zone). Each week's events are reprised on Wednesday evenings (UTC), too, for drivers in European time zones. Make sure to select All Regions, in GT7. Wednesday lobbies are entitled as Not So Easy Racing.

We have been racing in open lobbies since August 20, 2012, so the Real settings of our on-line lobbies are well tested. Events and settings are designed to challenge the driver's skills with 1-make races, to encourage fair and safe driving from everyone, and to encourage tuning within reasonable limits (default power and weight, which is good practice for you Sport Mode drivers). If you don't tune, suggested settings are posted here and in our PSN Party Chat. Monday Night Racing encourages beginners or drivers returning to GT to get up to speed with us, and we will also do our best to chase any aliens.

We follow a monthly schedule which ensures that every type of content in GT gets used:

Week 1: small street cars - the equivalent of N100-N400
Week 2: small race cars up to Gr.4, rally cars
Week 3: big street cars - the equivalent of N500-N1000
Week 4: big race cars, Gr.3 and up
Week 5: special events, something different

Once a car is used, then another unused car is selected. That way, over time, a good amount of your garage will get tuned reasonably well. If this kind of racing interests you, select All Regions in GT7 and look for Monday Night Racing - 1-make [car name] ONLY lobbies. Select "follow" for this thread, to get notifications or e-mail from GT Planet. With the loss of PSN Communities, weekly race details will be posted here, as usual, and in the message list attached to our PSN Party Chat.

Race until you drop. Most Monday Night Racing lobbies stay open for 2-4 hours (more or less), but the most drivers participate in the first hour. If the lobby is full, join later. No points are awarded, no attendance is required; MNR is low pressure and no-nonsense, to help ensure everyone can have fun while doing challenging racing. PSN: MastrGT

Friends:
The GT Geezer Club

Last edited:
The first GT7 MNR evening of racing will be March 7th. Unfortunately, because of an inopportune coincidence, I will be unable to attend that event, but another MNR driver(s) will host for me. Details of the first event will be posted here, soon.

Last edited:
If you are unfamiliar with our weekly MNR events, please, fully read the top post. It should answer most of your questions.

Monday Night Racing

March 7 @ 7:30 Eastern, reprised the following Wednesday afternoon @ 2:30 Eastern

Car: Alpine A110 Premier Edition 2017, 248 HP, 2432 lbs, Tires = Sport Medium

Tracks, Conditions (Laps):
Dragon Trail Seaside 2, Tires=10X, Fuel=6X, (8)
Nurburgring GP, Tires=10X, Fuel=6X, (7)
Suzuka GP, Tires=10X, Fuel=7X, (6)

The settings linked above are for GT Sport, but should translate OK to GT7. At the least, they should be OK with which to start because the default settings are not all that easy to handle. Try to make use of the torque curve.

Come for the free beer, stay for the great racing.

If you are unfamiliar with our weekly MNR events, please, fully read the top post. It should answer most of your questions.

Monday Night Racing

March 7 @ 7:30 Eastern, reprised the following Wednesday afternoon @ 2:30 Eastern

Car: Alpine A110 Premier Edition 2017, 248 HP, 2432 lbs, Tires = Sport Medium

Tracks, Conditions (Laps):
Dragon Trail Seaside 2, Tires=10X, Fuel=6X, (8)
Nurburgring GP, Tires=10X, Fuel=6X, (7)
Suzuka GP, Tires=10X, Fuel=7X, (6)

The settings linked above are for GT Sport, but should translate OK to GT7. At the least, they should be OK with which to start because the default settings are not all that easy to handle. Try to make use of the torque curve.

I think you just invented a new beer, not near beer but Canandian far beer! :cheers:

I have all of the tracks for Monday night, so that should allow me to open the tracks on-line. Now I have to figure out how to set up lobbies the best that I can, since the on-line mode is so incomplete. I will do my best to replicate what we normally do, but be aware that switching tracks will be disruptive.

Last edited:
After some exploring, it is clear that custom on-line lobbies are not ready for primetime, especially for the type of fair racing that we do at MNR events.

You must clear Menu Book #9 to be able to play on-line. I have all of the necessary tracks to use them for this MNR.

For the foreseeable future, don't modify cars before use with MNR, especially with permanent modifications, except to add no more than required tires, a fully adjustable transmission, suspension and differential, the same as in Sport. A new tuning sheet may help here. The PP level for the A110 should be 544 (543.36), for example, along with the specified stock power and weight, the same as for any new car each week. This is done to ensure that we all are in a fair, driver's race. Once a car is used in MNR, we rarely use them again, so modifying replaceable, inexpensive cars would be relatively safe to do.

On-line settings seem to make traction control available even when set to off, but I need to confirm this. This is not good. There aren't even N-categories, so there are next to no useful host controls over lobbies, except tires, PP number, power and weight. It's not quite a freeforall; nevertheless, only specified cars will be allowed to race each week, the same as usual.

Because a host cannot select different tracks after a lobby is created, I think that we will run two races on one track before opening a new lobby with a different track. This will waste some playing time and will likely allow set-up mistakes to occur. I will do my best to get things right. All that I ask for is some patience from you.

So, we have some learning and experience to gain before we figure this all out. Please join us on this adventure.

Last edited:
The PP lobby setting seems to be worthless as a host's way of setting up a fair lobby, because the PP value changes with such things as suspension setting changes.

Drafting effects start at 1.5, to 1.6, seconds behind the lead car.

Regardless of how the lobby's settings are set, Traction Control remains active. This problem has been reported.

Last edited:
Lookig forward to race in this league. Would appreciate a GMT time for this event. Thanks.
We are either -4 or -5 hours UTC, depending on Daylight Savings, and that changes this weekend, I believe. If you are in Europe, it will be late. I will look at doing an afternoon (my time) event, again, for Europeans.

Monday Night Racing

March 14 @ 7:30 Eastern, reprised the following Wednesday afternoon @ 2:30 Eastern

Car & Conditions: Suzuki Swift Gr.4, 345 HP, 1984 lbs, 670 PP, Racing Hard tires, Tires = 10X, Fuel = 10X

Suzuki-Sport-Gr-4.jpg

Tracks, (Laps):
Deep Forest Reverse (10)
Tokyo Express South (9)
Trial Mountain Reverse (8)

Watch your fuel at Trial Mountain. The PP value allows for the fully adjustable components not already added to the car.

Last edited:
I should add that, because of the incomplete on-line design, we will run two races before changing the track. That should be more time efficient than changing the tracks after each race, as normal.

Until GT7 has a more developed on-line mode, future MNR events will be private. It's just too difficult running a 1-make race without the cooperation of drivers or the ability to boot non-compliant drivers.

Last edited:
Using GT7 for MNR is not fun trying to set up these events. It usually took between 2-4 hours straight to do one in Sport. Tonight, it took 6 hours and I am still not happy with it. We usually race for maybe three hours.

Last edited:
Monday Night Racing

March 21 @ 7:30 Eastern, reprised the following Wednesday afternoon @ 2:30 Eastern

Car: Ford Mustang 2015, 565 PP (FCSus, FCTrans, FCDiff), 434 HP, 3706 lbs, Tires = Sport Medium

Tracks & Conditions, (Laps):
Maggiore East End Reverse, Tires=3X Fuel=4X, (17)
Autopolis Short, Tires=4X, Fuel=3X, (12)
Daytona Road Course, Tires=3X Fuel=3X, (8)

Monday Night Racing

March 28 @ 7:30 Eastern, reprised the following Wednesday afternoon @ 2:30 Eastern

Car: Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 1LE Package, 650 PP,649 HP, 3818 lbs, Tires = Sport Soft

Camaro-01.jpg

Big Willow, Tires = 1X Fuel = 3X, (11)
Maggiore West Reverse, Tires = 1X Fuel = 3X, (10)
St Croix B, Tires = 1X Fuel = 2X, (7)

The PP allows all of the normal fully adjustable parts.

The new tire wear and fuel usage models have less latitude than Sport has. Grip disappears more quickly, too. It is possible to launch in 2nd gear, but you can still spin the tires, so be careful.

Last edited:
Monday Night Racing

March 28 @ 7:30 Eastern, reprised the following Wednesday afternoon @ 2:30 Eastern

Car: VW Golf 1 GTi 1983, 358 PP, 110 HP, 1962 lbs, Tires = Comfort Medium

Red Bull Ring Short, Tires=7X Fuel=13X, (13)
TDP Yamagiwa Reverse, Tires=7X Fuel=12X, (7)
Nurburgring GP, Tires=7X Fuel=13X, (6)

Consumables should not be a problem. The PP value allows for a FCSuspension. The default gears and diff do their job right and it handles well as is. This is a prize car, so everyone should have it.

Seems I missed bad boy Camaro Mar 26! Golf, Polo, out of the way now … Looking forward to next Monday!

Looking forward to next Monday!
Great! Please do.

And, due to a rare fluke of planning, you will still get to run both hatchbacks at some point in the future, so hang around.

Last edited:
The list of changes included in the 1.11 update don't included many changes that will help us much doing MNR events. The payouts should be a bit better, but we don't use BoP. Although I haven't experienced all of the changes in-game yet, this is very disappointing.

Now that payouts are higher, I strongly recommend all drivers buy as many cars as possible as quickly as you can.

Monday Night Racing

April 11 @ 7:30 Eastern, reprised the following Wednesday afternoon @ 2:30 Eastern

Car: Renault Clio R.S. 220 Trophy 2016, 458 PP, 216 HP, 2654 lbs, Tires = Comfort Soft

Renault-Clio-RS-220-Trophy-2016.jpg

Suzuka East, Tires = 3X Fuel = 10X*, (15)
Sardegna C, Tires = 4X Fuel = 8X*, (14)
Alsace Village Reverse, Tires = 3X Fuel = 8X*, (7)

Make sure that you use the correct model year, 2016. This is a prize car, so everyone should have it.

The fully customisable is not needed because the default one works properly, the PP value allows the FCSuspension and Brake Balance.

Last edited:
Monday Night Racing

April 18 @ 7:30 Eastern, reprised the following Wednesday afternoon @ 2:30 Eastern

Car: Ford Mustang Boss 429 1969, 525 PP, 374 HP, 3558 lbs, Tires = Sport Hard

Ford-Mustang-Boss-429-1969.jpg

Blue Moon Infield B Reverse, Tires = 7X* Fuel = 5X, (15)
Streets of Willow, Tires = 7X* Fuel = 7X, (10)
Brands Hatch GP, Tires = 7X Fuel = 5X, (9)

The Boss is a Prize car, from MB #14. It gives amazingly consistent times and, for a 7L engine and 9.5 lbs per HP, is as tame as they come. Fuel shouldn't be an issue, but grip will be near the finish. Respect the car for what it is, an old muscle car. Tuneable: FCSuspension, FCTransmission, FCDifferential. Surprisingly, it has excellent normal brakes.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back