Montmelo Circuit de Catalunya confirmed in next update

To me the most surprising thing about this reveal is not the track itself but how many people who have never heard of it and had to Google it or look for videos. Am I assuming falsely that most GT players are also into real life racing? This track over the years has hosted:

Formula 1 (and all its support races)
Moto GP
GT series (Blancpain, International GT, etc...)
WTCC / WTCR
Ferrari Challenge
Le Mans Series
World Rallycross

Not trying to get on anyone's case. I'm just surprised how many had never heard of this track, one of the most well-known in motorsports and present in many games.

If te pattern sticks. Most likely one would think that it would be Laguna Seca. All RL tracks (Except Interlagos) have currently been on GT6. PD like to transplant cars and RL tracks in GTS.

To me the most surprising thing about this reveal is not the track itself but how many people who have never heard of it and had to Google it or look for videos. Am I assuming falsely that most GT players are also into real life racing? This track over the years has hosted:

Moto GP
WTCC / WTCR
Ferrari Challenge
Le Mans Series
World Rallycross

Not trying to get on anyone's case. I'm just surprised how many had never heard of this track, one of the most well-known in motorsports and present in many games.

In my case i knew the track from Forza and the F1 Spanish Grand Prix 2018(i watched it live) but i didn't make the connection that track was called Catalunya :dunce:

Moto GP
WTCC / WTCR
Ferrari Challenge
Le Mans Series
World Rallycross

You would be surprised at just how many of those race classes are not shown on TV in the States. Unless you pay the Cable or Satellite companies a lot extra for a channel that will show them. Even then you won't get them all and the ones you do are shown at 3:00am in the morning.
Its really sad that most Americans are not into a wider range of Motorsports like most other countries are.

You would be surprised at just how many of those race classes are not shown on TV in the States. Unless you pay the Cable or Satellite companies a lot extra for a channel that will show them. Even then you won't get them all and the ones you do are shown at 3:00am in the morning.
Its really sad that most Americans are not into a wider range of Motorsports like most other countries are.

Here in Brazil it's even worse they only show F1 every sunday,if you want to watch other race divisions it's easier to go to the internet,cable channels here don't show racing sports too much,maybe some NASCAR here and there.

The front page article says this circuit has held the Spanish Grand Prix since 2007. Actually it has held it every year since 1991.

And we shouldn't forget that first 1991 race which is where Senna and Mansell went wheel to wheel by inches with crazy sparks flying down the main straight. Later Senna also spun on the same straight, but had hooked it into reverse before he'd even finished spinning (it was a wet race)!

Anyway, another real world addition to GT Sport can only be a good thing. Hope they have some of the different circuit variations people have talked about; preferably the one without the chicane so the final corner can be taken properly on the limit.

Let's not have the 1994 variant though where they put 6 foot high tyre walls in the middle of the back straight as a temporary chicane! (race after Senna's death)

Last edited:
Good choice, great track, nice to see that Kaz invests in real life tracks, I hope that all three versions will be available.

The front page article says this circuit has held the Spanish Grand Prix since 2007. Actually it has held it every year since 1991.

I noticed that too, I think the author was confusing when the current layout came into use instead of when the circuit first hosted F1.

Whats-App-Image-2018-10-19-at-10-55-23.jpg

Well, at least it was on page 2 of the track suggestions forum, behind the Grand Canyon circuit from GT4, the Transfagarasen Highway, and Portimao. Can't say another F1 venue was high on my list, but new circuits are welcome anyway.

What are the chances of us getting any new car info from this event?

Even though it is a nice track, it is one of those that I m extremely tired of because they are in every last goddamn realistic racing game of the last 5 years. Suzuka, Silverstone, Nürburgring, Hockenheim, Red Bull Ring, Spa are all among those. I would wish for a real life track that hasn't been in any game for a while now and that is more interesting to drive. Or if you have to pick a F1-level track, why not take something a bit more obscure like Melbourne, Yas Marina, Montreal, Paul Ricard etc. Throwing tracks in the mix that I have already circled hundreds, if not thousands of times in other games is honestly not going to wake my excitement for GTS again.

Back