Monza

• Thread starter pancrase
  • 12 comments
There are three ways to do it.

a) The cheater's way, in 3rd.

b) The proper way, keeping at least two wheels on track at all times ... in 2nd or 1st.

c) the clumsy way ... if you get a penalty that's because you chose this option! ;)

Very funny Mario. :)

There's been a lot of debate about this over the months. In general, when racing any of the guys from GTPlanet, I always choose option b and so do they, as it should be (although sometimes option c is inevitable when starting with a car that you're not used to and overestimating it's braking potential). But poke your head into a random lobby running the F430 and most will be bound to cut it. It's annoying. And particuallry because it forces you to cut as well or you'll get clobbered from behind every lap. Obviously people do it because the penalty zones allow it but it's wrong.

Personally I brake as late as possible, then on the exit brush throttle to avoid getting wheelspin, an then build up speed.

on that chicane, keep 2 wheels on the track, on the exit: gradually put the throttle and get ready to countersteer if you got wheelspin :)

I personally stay as close to the left before entering as possible. A lot of people go about 3/4 to the outside and glide through, but I use the momentum of the car (in 2nd gear for the 1st turn) to hit the 2nd apex and drift around it.

At least, in the 575 GTC.

That was a clean line, that chicane is cut in real life like that, why should it be different in the game? Ok, they don't cut it by that much, but its not as rediculous as you might think.

He had all 4 tires off of the track. Where is that legal?

Put it this way, even the AI is programmed to cut that chicane.....

I checked a bunch of youtube race videos and they all do the chicane properly. One race even had barriers to prevent cutting the chicane.

Back