More Classic Gran Turismo Circuits Might Return for GT7

I want Apricot Hill back, but scaled up so it's a mile or so longer. Scale it up then bring the racing surface width back down to where it currently is.

Midfield - absolutely.

High Speed Ring - absolutely but make the outside walls SAFER barriers like the current GT Sport ovals have.

Grand Valley Speedway - absolutely.

Deep Forest - not my fave at all but bring it back y'all.

Also you can tell who's been playing the games since the beginning vs the newer players based on the whole "who cares about old tracks" comments.

You're telling me that everyone b***hed about GT Sport not having any classic tracks and demanded them back, then GT7 reveals that classic tracks are coming back and now everyone's pi*sed because they want new tracks?!?!?!?

I hate the GT fanbase.

I disagree.

-Some people here have said loud and clear they want every single legacy track.

-Others have said they like old tracks but are more excited at tackling new tracks

I'm in camp 2, give me a legacy track here and there but I'd much rather see new material like Pike's Peak, or a beautiful circuit like Sepang. At any rate Polyphony doesn't care much for community liasons or active developmental feedback so unless there is a dramatic change in their production process we'll just have to take the 'ol "wait and see" to how the track list turns out.

Last edited:
None of this is truly relevant until I know what wheels are supported on PS5 and GT7. Until then , don't care.

Deep Forest and Tokyo R246 are in GTS data from 2018, with Trial Mountain, that's three of the old tracks.

3nyeqpy6ecz410xj6r.png
There are two layouts for Deep Forest?!

Please lord, no. Boring scenery, boring layout, physics defying jump that should have destroyed every car that went over it. Talk about breaking the suspension of disbelief...
I really like Cape Ring.

Also, as I mentioned elsewhere, Grand Valley, Apricot Hill, MidField and Deep Forest are most likely going to come back as they require little to no changes.

Sure, the Special/Clubman Stage tracks and Tokyo R246 also deserve a comeback, I feel these two are more likely.

Seattle is a very requested one too, but in real life the same area the circuit was built is now totally different, so if Seattle returns, it'll be just the name basically.
That’s what I’ve been saying in these forums for a long time. I even came up with a layout that would give Seattle longer straights a la Trial Mountain.
upload_2020-6-22_20-47-4.png

I figure the straight following Alaskan Way would make for a more picturesque view of the skyline

That’s what I’ve been saying in these forums for a long time. I even came up with a layout that would give Seattle longer straights a la Trial Mountain.
View attachment 933389
I explained a while back that the layout isn't possible, even in an altered state. The road system is incredibly complex and won't allow a for similar layout. You can walk the old route but you can't drive on it. That being said, the layout could be shortened so that it doesn't go around the stadiums.

I explained a while back that the layout isn't possible, even in an altered state. The road system is incredibly complex and won't allow a for similar layout. You can walk the old route but you can't drive on it. That being said, the layout could be shortened so that it doesn't go around the stadiums.
Right, but being from the area, it is viable if you exit off of 4th street onto Edgar Martinez Dr. past T-Mobile park, It would sort of be like Tokyo Expressway for that short bit but it is possible to drive on.

Seattle is a very requested one too, but in real life the same area the circuit was built is now totally different, so if Seattle returns, it'll be just the name basically.

Is there a rule that says that they have to use the layout of a city as it is now? :confused: I hadn't seen that. :rolleyes:

The Rome course would have to be changed too if that is the case, as they have been working on the road in front of the Colosseum for a new Metro line, and I don't think it is finished yet. It is no longer as straight as it used to be. ;) Not sure how accurate Paris was, because it was so long ago since I have seen it. It was not a track I enjoyed though. Same with the London track, that seemed pretty accurate, but not enjoyable.

Is there a rule that says that they have to use the layout of a city as it is now? :confused: I hadn't seen that. :rolleyes:

The Rome course would have to be changed too if that is the case, as they have been working on the road in front of the Colosseum for a new Metro line, and I don't think it is finished yet. It is no longer as straight as it used to be. ;) Not sure how accurate Paris was, because it was so long ago since I have seen it. It was not a track I enjoyed though. Same with the London track, that seemed pretty accurate, but not enjoyable.

Have to agree there. Didn't enjoy any city tracks except perhaps Seattle/R246...And even then...

Deep Forest and Tokyo R246 are in GTS data from 2018, with Trial Mountain, that's three of the old tracks.

3nyeqpy6ecz410xj6r.png

Interesting that Deep Forest looks to have both a forward and reverse layout, but Tokyo R246 does not.

I dont know how anyone else feels about them, but I would love to see Eiger Nordwand come back from GT5 and 6 and then Costa di Amalfi from GT4. I always loved how those tracks felt and I dont think theres a track I've spent more time on in a game than Eiger Nordwand, mostly for drifting.

We should consider that many of these courses from the PS1 and PS2 eras were made for six cars, whereas some courses in GTS alone can hold four times as that, at least in theory.

I literally spent time to actually investigate this and here's what I found just based on pit boxes and grid lines:

Autodromo Lago Maggiore - 30
Alsace - 22
Blue Moon Bay - 50
Broadbean Raceway - 30
Circuit De St Croix - 22
Fisherman's Ranch - Around 20-24
Dragon Trail (Gardenside) - 20
Dragon Trail (Seaside) - 42
Northern Isle Speedway - 70
Kyoto Driving Park (Yamigawa) - 21
Kyoto Driving Park (Miyabi) - 20
Sardegna Road Track - 20
Sardegna Windmills - Around 22-30
Special Stage Route X - 40

Didn't do Tokyo as I could not really tell without having to do a race and have everyone in pits but apart from those, all of these fictional tracks can host more then 16 cars at a time.

Last edited:
As the other more regular Classic Tracks will get more attention, I think I will just request the one less so and which I wanted more - Special Stage Route 11! The GT1 version where you drive under bridge also.

But for the more on radar one, Grand Valley Speedway is my favorite.

Back