More Classic Gran Turismo Circuits Might Return for GT7

It was a terrible track in GT4, but I'd like to see a complete redo of the New York City track. Actually use the elevation change and curving roads in the city, like on the FDR drive, and not focus so much on passing by big landmarks like Times Square. Something around lower Manhattan.

On PS6 releasing at 2027 for example ? "Sorry guys you have to buy a 2006 🤬 box to experience these locations because people like ivann didn't feel very nostalgic so we didn't add them"

if it means having dozens of new maps, thats better than having for example gran turismo 10 on ps6 with following map list:
-trial mountain (16K remaster with 4D trees)
-high speed ring
-cape ring
-midfield
-deep forest
-seattle
+ 6 real world maps

and to add, for experiencing old censored boxes they invented backwards-compatibility, PS Now and emulators on PC

Last edited:
if it means having dozens of new maps,
Or we can have both like we did during 1999-2016 and everything run smoothly .

gran turismo 10 on ps6 with following map list:
-trial mountain (16K remaster with 4D trees)
-high speed ring
-cape ring
-midfield
-deep forest
-seattle
+ 6 real world maps
I was wondering when the exaggeration was gonna come :lol: .

and to add, for experiencing old censored boxes they invented PS Now and emulators
Wait what :confused: i wasen't aware the older GT games are available on PS now .

backwards-compatibility,
The only system able to play all the previous titles is the Fat PS3 (which is a ticking time bomb) i wasted almost 1.000 € on these 🤬 so no thank you.

and emulators on PC
My current laptop costs 750€ and it can't run anything beyond PS1 so i doubt you could find a PC costing less than a PS5 to run anything beyond that perfectly.

It's fairly common knowledge that the oval is damaged beyond repair, while the road course is still totally functional.
I have read that it's not damaged beyond repair, but rather the cost of repar comapred to the demand to use that circuit make it not worth reparing. That's according to people who have supposedly been and raced on the other layouts on the interweb, but as it's the interweb you never really know how true those comments are.

Or we can have both like we did during 1999-2016 and everything run smoothly .
jesus, you sound like you want ALL the maps in gt7...
guess what, me too. so does everyone.
but its not happening.
compromise has to be made.
so either -beating the dead horse (spend time and recourses recreating old maps over and over again, its not copy-paste obviously)
-spending time and recourses making completely new original maps

what do you think, in which way all of these trial mountains and midfield raceways came to existence in the first place?

im for new maps, so bring on some diamond mountains and green beach raceways etc.

why do you live in the past? stop being nostalgic.
if all those old maps came, they would be interesting for 2 weeks...
I would rather like 10 completely new original maps.
if you want old maps, fire up old games and thats it.

In a sense i agree with you, but you have us Nostalgic confused... none of us are refusing or would be refusing new original, or new real tracks to the series... but we do want to see the old maps in 4k glory...

Furthermore: Not everyone is an old fart like myself, there are a lot of new younger players who have never played PS/PS2/PS3 and or any of the previous GT...

What is old to you and i, may be totally new for others...
Old can be new ;)

Lets hope its not at the cost of getting real circuits added.

I am a nostalgic, but i agree with you... i want new tracks and real circuits as much as i want old legacy locations...
I guess it all depends on how much resource PD has, but yet a good balance on both side... 1:1 ratio old vs new.

Sure, the Special/Clubman Stage tracks and Tokyo R246 also deserve a comeback, I feel these two are more likely.

Seattle is a very requested one too, but in real life the same area the circuit was built is now totally different, so if Seattle returns, it'll be just the name basically.

Exactly, We have always been thinking of an updated Seattle, but why couldn't have the exact same Seattle layout as it was found in GT and GT2 ?
Nothing is preventing PD from having a "Fantasy Seattle", just update the old layout up to 4K with their own creativity...

heck, why not give us both:
1) the old layout with updated 4K graphics
2) the new Seattle layout

I explained a while back that the layout isn't possible, even in an altered state. The road system is incredibly complex and won't allow a for similar layout. You can walk the old route but you can't drive on it. That being said, the layout could be shortened so that it doesn't go around the stadiums.

If any alteration, it shouldn't be shortened, it should be longer to accommodate the larger grid and pits...

Is there a rule that says that they have to use the layout of a city as it is now? :confused: I hadn't seen that. :rolleyes:

The Rome course would have to be changed too if that is the case, as they have been working on the road in front of the Colosseum for a new Metro line, and I don't think it is finished yet. It is no longer as straight as it used to be. ;) Not sure how accurate Paris was, because it was so long ago since I have seen it. It was not a track I enjoyed though. Same with the London track, that seemed pretty accurate, but not enjoyable.

Exactly ! We are playing virtually, things can change deliberately and at PD's discretion, it could be a hybrid of Real world location with slightly altered portion...

Or just maintain the old layout, based on the old Rome (just as we have several version of the LeMans circuits)...

It's called variations...

I love Paris, New York, Madrid, Rome... i want them to all comeback !

I found the London track to be too short, i want it to be longer... For some reason i found London to be boring...
The original London can come back from Karts or City cars...

If tracks return it should be because they're good race tracks, not purely nostalgic.

Some old fictional tracks were good for racing, others were not, albeit they looked nice.

Take Seattle. Certainly an iconic early track but would it make for good realistic racing? I doubt it. The first corner is pretty tight for clean passing, same for the mid sector. Into the corner at the Kingdome is really the only good passing place.

Remember, how we drove in those days against AI with no damage is not how you race for real.

It doesn't make up for it with any particularly challenging corners either, except for the silly jumps throwing you off.

Yes, Apricot Hill, Midfield Raceway or Autumn ring are always welcome !
With a PS5 quality, city tracks like Seattle, Tokyo R246 or even the Old Rome (GT3) could be amazing.

Aaw man imagine the return of seattle. I don't think the air-born jumps in Seattle will be viable anymore(samir you are wrecking the car!) but a nice rescale of a steady climb to that infamous 90⁰ right hand corner would still be really cool. The tight city tracks really were amazing no room for major errors. It's on those tight blind cornered street circuits do you get a really good sense of speed of just how fast you are going.

Older models of tracks like Autumn ring and the Rome track from GT2 could still make an appearance. PD could just limit the number of cars to a maximum of12 on those tracks or something. They would be really cool for N class battles, one make races and track day lobbies.

More like whatever i can get but if its possible to get everything back why not?.

because if you get everything back, you dont get anything new.
theres your compromise

Really ? Because your initial comment shows the exact opposite .

now, where did I say that I want NONE maps? :crazy:

I said that people need to stop being nostalgic, I should change that to "stop being too nostalgic"

If tracks return it should be because they're good race tracks, not purely nostalgic.

Some old fictional tracks were good for racing, others were not, albeit they looked nice.
This is spot on IMO, some of the old tracks are great fun (but not all of them) and would be more than welcome to return. If an old track is still fun to race on why not include it? Why does it have to all new tracks or all old tracks? Why can't/shouldn't PD provide us with a mix of new and old?

Ultimately if the track is good fun to race on, I will enjoy racing on if whether it's new or old. I would welcome the return of Grand Valley and Deep Forest in addition to Trial mountain which we've already seen. They won't be copy and past as @ivann said, but that menas they are new as well, they are not exact copies of the old tracks. In fact it's likely that not a single polygon will be the same as any of the tracks in GT6 and prior, therefore they are completley new.

Nostalgia can make you long for things with rose tinted glasses, but some of the previous tracks really are gerat to race on and would be very welcome back. Of course opinions will differ, some of th etracks I was less keen on other people might love (Opera Paris for example) but that's why the best solution is a mix of old andnew anyway. It caters for those who miss the old tracks and those who want new ones.

I’ve honestly lost track of which circuit is which. Especially as I missed GT6. So it must be getting on 10 years since I played most.

I did like the Italian (or was it French?) rally type stage. Where you went through narrow streets. And of course Seattle. New York was a little boring. I remember Paris looking good for the time. But not too much about the track.

The only other one that really sticks out is the Eigur Norwood (or something like that) track. The one feature in the very first GT5 demo.

I guess what they all have in common is they’re not great for racing. But I do like a tight & twisty Time Trial circuit.

Take Seattle. Certainly an iconic early track but would it make for good realistic racing? I doubt it. The first corner is pretty tight for clean passing, same for the mid sector. Into the corner at the Kingdome is really the only good passing place.

Remember, how we drove in those days against AI with no damage is not how you race for real.

It doesn't make up for it with any particularly challenging corners either, except for the silly jumps throwing you off.
That's what made Seattle fun though. It wasn't trying to be realistic and didn't take itself too seriously. It was, as you said, silly.

why do you live in the past? stop being nostalgic.
if all those old maps came, they would be interesting for 2 weeks...
I would rather like 10 completely new original maps.
if you want old maps, fire up old games and thats it.
Because they are much better tracks than the new ones. The last worthwhile track they created before Dragon Trail Seaside was El Capitan. Everything between them is total junk. That is why we want the old ones back. They are just better that's all.

The oval was damaged beyond (probably reasonable) repair in the 2011 earthquake.

This shouldn't matter for Polyphony though, they have scans of the track that they should be able to make a decent render and keep the track alive and usable in the game. With any luck anyway.

Nope. It was not damaged. It just needed a safety check after the earthquake but they didn't want to pay for it as there was only one more Indycar race to run so they ran that on the normal track instead.

Last edited:
Trust me they’re sorely missed. Eiger, Matterhorn and the other Swiss tracks are some of the beat to race on because of the scenery alone.

I had honestly forgot about Matterhorn, I didn't play GT6 as much as I played GT5. I would drift all over Eiger Nordwand for hours and hours. Miss those hairpins. I hope they bring all these tracks back, and heck, maybe give us some more mountain downhill/uphill tracks.

You hate the fanbase because they actually have differing opinions? They aren't just one single group-think entity?
No, because this game was basically made BECAUSE the fanbase wanted classic content back (remember how GT SPORT tried to "burn everything down")
and now a shocking amount of people are complaining that they should focus on new content instead of bringing back old stuff.

jesus, you sound like you want ALL the maps in gt7...
guess what, me too. so does everyone.
but its not happening.
compromise has to be made.
So you know compromises have to be made and it is definitely not happening/possible? :confused:

Mmm, "realistic", "good race tracks", "Some old fictional tracks were good for racing, others were not". Anything that is not a scanned real life race track is not realistic, and away from the tracks PD have made up based on real locations, any semblance of realism gets further away from 'real life'. People seem to have enjoyed racing on the old tracks because they are still talking about 5, 10+ years later. There are some tracks which rarely get mentioned, but some that are talked of again and again. Do you think people just want them to look better! :rolleyes:

Aaw man imagine the return of seattle. I don't think the air-born jumps in Seattle will be viable anymore(samir you are wrecking the car!) but a nice rescale of a steady climb to that infamous 90⁰ right hand corner would still be really cool. The tight city tracks really were amazing no room for major errors. It's on those tight blind cornered street circuits do you get a really good sense of speed of just how fast you are going.

Older models of tracks like Autumn ring and the Rome track from GT2 could still make an appearance. PD could just limit the number of cars to a maximum of12 on those tracks or something. They would be really cool for N class battles, one make races and track day lobbies.
Here's a thought with regards to a Seattle circuit returning. If jumping to far or high can damage the cars, you have to slow down, same with sharp turns, chicanes, curbing that is too high, you take that part of the track the wrong way and it could be game over. Now that is simulation. ;) It would just another thing that needs to be managed in a race. And if a track is never going to be used in FIA events (should that link carry on) or 'daily' races online, then if people enjoy the track, as some have said they have in the past, then why not have it, if people want it!

because if you get everything back, you dont get anything new.
theres your compromise
Again, how do you know. :confused: If they released GT7 with every track that has ever been in a GT game to this point, then any new track from release would be new. That would be a draw, if they do DLC, that every new track would be new. It would also buy them some time if they plan DLC as there would be a huge number of tracks for people to get stuck into, and people wouldn't be asking for this old track or that old track. People could, and probably would, ask for more new tracks of course, but if there has been no history of Donnington, Kyalami, Paul Ricard or whatever, people in numbers wouldn't by asking for them, and so any new real world tracks would be a surprise, as would any new PD designed tracks.

And before you say they have limited resources, I would agree if you can give me details of how you know this. They should have enough money to hire the people they need to get whatever they need done. 8m+ game sales, added to money generated from all the associated PS+ subscriptions, and there has been a lot of money generated for lack of resources not to be a thing imho.

An older 'designed' by PD track would take less time to update/complete than a real world scanned/photographed location. All the data and designing has been done. Yes, they may have to make alterations as they seem to have done for Trial Mountain, but they would not be starting from a blank page, and they would not have real world data to incorporate and adhere to. If they had plans to be scanning or photographing real life locations over the last few months, that has been on hold, and remains on hold for the foreseeable future if the locations they want are outside of Japan. All the information for the PD designed tracks are there already.

Last edited:
For those railing against the return of original tracks against those, such as me, who say that there's no reason to exclude them, I'm not literally saying that every previous track should return.

Firstly, the idea of old tracks returning is not the same as zero new content.
Secondly, there were some terrible tracks. And we'll all disagree on which ones were good and bad.

It doesn't have to be in the base game. I hate base games with add-on content but let's flag down a taxi and head for Real Street; that's exactly how it's going to be. You could have, let's say... three or four returning tracks as part of the base game (Grand Valley, Midfield and Apricot Hill) on top of whatever original tracks are carried over from GT Sport (haven't played it so don't know).

The rest could be added as part of a themed DLC bundle called "Originals" or something similar.

And I will reiterate that I do want the Complex String to return but not as part of any race or championship in career mode.
Have it as a fun mythology gag where you can still use it to free runs, testing and such. Maybe even the option to have private or arcade races on it, if you so wish.

While they weren't all great, I kind of took it for granted how good those original tracks actually were. Grand Valley, Deep Forest, Trial Mountain, Midfield, Seattle Circuit, & SSR5 were and are, to me, genuinely more fun than many, many real world race courses. I'm tempted to say that PD is more skilled at designing compelling race tracks than Hermann Tilke, for instance. (Though, Tilke has regulations to worry about in his defense) And they are substantially better than most fictional tracks I've experienced in "other" games.

Imho unless PD takes the risk of modifying the circuits like they did with Trial Mountain then we have to be content with fewer drivers, which I wouldn't mind.
I would think that circuits like Grand Valley, Midfield and High Speed ring would be fine for 20+ drivers whilst circuits like Deep forest, Rome and Seattle might not be. I hope its balanced enough at least between old and new.

Having said that, I would love these circuits back (as favourites of mine):
Grand Valley, because of what what Toysuprahot said:
Grand Valley is by far the best racing circuit. It is a perfect combination of fast, slow, uphill, downhill turns. You can only have good racing on it.
Deep Forest and Tokyo R246, since PD have shown interest in reviving them:
Deep Forest and Tokyo R246 are in GTS data from 2018, with Trial Mountain, that's three of the old tracks.

3nyeqpy6ecz410xj6r.png
El Capitan and the Cathedral rocks routes
The GTHD version of Eiger Nordwand (a more obscure request)
and a few of the old dirt circuits (Smokey mountain, Swiss alps and Tahiti Dirt Route 3)

Last edited:
I think London would look stunning on PS5. Besides, it would be perfect for Formula E. I would be very happy if that track came back.

I thought London and Madrid were terrible. Awful for racing. London in particular was almost never picked in GT5 lobbies.

And before you say they have limited resources, I would agree if you can give me details of how you know this. They should have enough money to hire the people they need to get whatever they need done. 8m+ game sales, added to money generated from all the associated PS+ subscriptions, and there has been a lot of money generated for lack of resources not to be a thing imho.

Look at their track record for adding new tracks. They are just not capable of adding that amount of new tracks with the people that they have.

Look at Trial Mountain, they've changed it because seemingly they dont trust that they'll otherwise have enough new tracks that would accomodate Group 3 and Group 1 cars.

Unless PD restructure, I don't see that changing.

Last edited:
It was a terrible track in GT4, but I'd like to see a complete redo of the New York City track. Actually use the elevation change and curving roads in the city, like on the FDR drive, and not focus so much on passing by big landmarks like Times Square. Something around lower Manhattan.
The New York track can and should come back in it's original state.

For those railing against the return of original tracks against those, such as me, who say that there's no reason to exclude them, I'm not literally saying that every previous track should return.

Firstly, the idea of old tracks returning is not the same as zero new content.
Secondly, there were some terrible tracks. And we'll all disagree on which ones were good and bad.

It doesn't have to be in the base game. I hate base games with add-on content but let's flag down a taxi and head for Real Street; that's exactly how it's going to be. You could have, let's say... three or four returning tracks as part of the base game (Grand Valley, Midfield and Apricot Hill) on top of whatever original tracks are carried over from GT Sport (haven't played it so don't know).

The rest could be added as part of a themed DLC bundle called "Originals" or something similar.

And I will reiterate that I do want the Complex String to return but not as part of any race or championship in career mode.
Have it as a fun mythology gag where you can still use it to free runs, testing and such. Maybe even the option to have private or arcade races on it, if you so wish.

You've never played GT Sport? How come?

Also you can tell who's been playing the games since the beginning vs the newer players based on the whole "who cares about old tracks" comments.
Agreed

I literally spent time to actually investigate this and here's what I found just based on pit boxes and grid lines:
Blue Moon Bay - 50
Northern Isle Speedway - 70
Special Stage Route X - 40
Imagine we had the max drivers on these oval circuits lol
(I wouldn't mind 40 drivers on SSRX though)

No, because this game was basically made BECAUSE the fanbase wanted classic content back (remember how GT SPORT tried to "burn everything down")
and now a shocking amount of people are complaining that they should focus on new content instead of bringing back old stuff.
The real point for the fandom is that those people should just accept it, suck it up, that the old contents are all only "good" because of nostalgia, which would mean they're all actually bad without rose tinted glasses. They are only good at their time but present day has changed, the standards have been different now the old ones are just bad compared to the current new ones. GT Sport has lack of content by burning everything down but GT7 has to add much more that are all new, completely unrelated to the now-bad old games.

Because they are much better tracks than the new ones. The last worthwhile track they created before Dragon Trail Seaside was El Capitan. Everything between them is total junk. That is why we want the old ones back. They are just better that's all.

Nope. It was not damaged. It just needed a safety check after the earthquake but they didn't want to pay for it as there was only one more Indycar race to run so they ran that on the normal track instead.
You sure you saying the old ones being better aren't merely influenced by nostalgia filter? They could be actually as total junk as the rest without it.

Latest Posts

Back