More new ideas for GT7

• Thread starter Reggienald
  • 24 comments
South Africa
South Africa
Would it be a good idea for us to be able to sell the unwanted gift cars we have in GT Sport and have the money transferred to our accounts in GT7?

PD is adamant about us starting all over so this feature won't happen. Face it, you're stuck playing GT7 the way PD wants you to, not the way you would like to.

Bit late for new ideas isn't it? :lol:
Not really, as GT7 has been confirmed to be receiving new updates new ideas can be implemented. This particular idea I don't think is going to happen though. I am not against the idea, I think it would be useful for relieving the potential grind in GT7, I just can't see it happening though.

Last edited:
Would it be a good idea for us to be able to sell the unwanted gift cars we have in GT Sport and have the money transferred to our accounts in GT7?
In my opinion it should work this way, where cars received as rewards or gifts will have a lower resale value, of around 25% of the original price, as compared to 50% when actually bought, compared to cars having a resale value of 30% of the original price, and that cars received as gifts and/or rewards can't be sold.

Last edited:
We would win credits too easily. In no time you would get all cars in the game wether by buying them with the credits you get from dupes or by getting them as a reward.

Maybe a middle ground would be to be able to sell (with the same % as now on cars we bought) the cars we get as reward for completing a challenge but not to be able to sell cars from daily workout gift.

We would win credits too easily. In no time you would get all cars in the game wether by buying them with the credits you get from dupes or by getting them as a reward.

Maybe a middle ground would be to be able to sell (with the same % as now on cars we bought) the cars we get as reward for completing a challenge but not to be able to sell cars from daily workout gift.
Interesting compromise. What if daily workout cars were only sold at 5% of their value, would you still feel this is too much?

Is there going to be a live delta to your best lap time available during the race? We get it during practice- but I’d really like it to be in GT7 for the races. Is there any system of official feature requests for polyphony digital? Or am I dreaming the impossible?

Sounds like an easy way to make credits and get through the game as fast as possible. Where's the fun in that? Definitely not an idea think makes sense going from GTS to GT7, as that's basically just asking for a head start so you have a large credit balance when you start the game.

Sounds like an easy way to make credits and get through the game as fast as possible. Where's the fun in that? Definitely not an idea think makes sense going from GTS to GT7, as that's basically just asking for a head start so you have a large credit balance when you start the game.
But what if it isn't forced upon you? Sounds like this can be prevented by not selling your gift cars until late game?

Interesting compromise. What if daily workout cars were only sold at 5% of their value, would you still feel this is too much?
5% is too low, I think 50% is fair especially if it applies to the daily workout cars. I just think that with regards to the challenge reward cars, you only win a car once whereas with the Daily Workout cars it's like a constant reward.

Is there going to be a live delta to your best lap time available during the race? We get it during practice- but I’d really like it to be in GT7 for the races. Is there any system of official feature requests for polyphony digital? Or am I dreaming the impossible?
Doesn't sound impossible, would be very helpful for improving lap times

CBH
The reason being, it's not a good idea to have plenty of credits at a start of a game.
That seems a rather subjective point of view though. Nobody in particular is forcing you to sell the cars for money and even if you do nobody is forcing you to have to spend the credits. If this was a feature you can still start out with a ecnobox and work your way up to something more regardless of how much credits you have in the bank.

Except for those of us who pre-ordered we will have additional credits at the start of the game so we will have more expensive cars at the start of the game regardless.

We have the 'exploit' of GT4 to thank for that where you could gift cars to friends so people would just send each other the expesive cars to complete the events and of course they made money off of selling them as well as the event winnings.

PD did not like this factor of the game and thus the option to sell cars was subsequently removed.

I will be clear NOT being able to sell prize cars just because of what I just said above is not something I agree with.

Sure we might 'gain' an advantage over other players in how quickly we progress complete the game is not enough reason to justify disabling the sell option but the current situation since GT5 it will remain the same.

If the 'grind' of GT Sport is anything to go by in terms of making money I will certainly not be 'try hard' to get money and experience just to complete events, I will do the bits I can and that will be that.

GT Sport I accepted it because the focus is an online environment and in that instance someone starting out and being able to sell and buy the most expesive Gr3/4 etc car would be a bit frustrating experience for the other players however in a game that is mostly going to be a single player experience if the player chooses that option that is their choice.

We will see when the game releases on 4th March.

I think it's a very bad idea to transfer any data or values into GT7 from GTS. I think GT7 should be a new standalone game and like that, you have to remaster everything. I also think that it was way too easy to get cars and credits in GTS. This should all be much harder/slower and online races/championships should only be playable at at least 100% campaign.

At the same time, the driver system should be changed so that drivers who are in the ranking, for example. conspicuously fast has been combined with players who are just earning their first points in a new class.

Oh yes, and of course.. a much tougher punishment system which also punishes those who caused "accidents". Currently, driver A can push driver B and driver B, even though he has already lost time, also gets a penalty.
If, in the event of vehicle contact, either car receives a penalty, the other car must receive at least the same penalty.

Bad Idea.....We already cannot sell gift and prize cars in Sport so I do not see why they would decide to change it after all of this time.
What I will support is being able to do so in GT7. I would love to have trading cars back also.

I created alt accounts just so I could trade cars in GT4.

Reason being?
I too would like to know why you think this isn't a good idea.
If you have diamonded the Hamiltion DLC you would be able to take 100,000,000 credits over. That would allow you almost free reign to buy whatever you can where others won't be able to. The idea of the game is to work your way up from the bottom using the provided credits for you, not being handed a tonne of money to get going.

Back