More on GT Sport Single Player, Scapes and Social Functions

I would have thought a minimum of 50% more reward for the highest difficulty level compared to the easiest would be a suitable reward.

I don't know what 'suitable' would be for a single race in Arcade mode but, we know that a Ferrari 458 costs 283.000 credits.
And it seems that single race allows you to choose a car which you currently are not "equipped" with: he has an Atenza, race is with a M6 Walkenhorst.

"Suitable", to me, depends on the planned progression. Perhaps earning too much, too quickly (one lap Nurb it seems?), may break it.

Uh-huh.

[Citation needed]
I've not seen any dealership screens. I've seen Brand Central, but the cars don't have any prices:

View attachment 663684

If gold and silver award cars in addition to bronze, the licence and mission sections will give 42 cars, plus one a day (or more - maybe there's different milestone figures) for the driving marathon. Even if credits are used to buy cars - which I don't recall seeing any evidence of - who'd need to?

So the questions remain. What are credits and the XP/Level system for in GT Sport?

6fAnNeP.jpg

0avxvnJ.jpg

The price, and the career prize cars under wraps.

XP/Lv may be used as gates for certain events or even features. Or just be another "gauge" of progression/time spent.

The more news I read about this game the more I think I'll be spending most of my time in Arcade mode racing the AI.

• Livery editor: Cool, but a novelty. Excitement should wear off after a week.
  • Graphics: 60FPS should be awesome, but don't have a 4K TV yet. At least there's room to grow.
  • Scapes: Very slick, beautiful as always; but driving/racing should occupy about 95% of my time.
  • Car history: very much welcomed, but I'll be wishing I could drive a Stratos or '96 Impreza instead.
  • Fancy wheels: Usually the last thing I use once I've played the majority of the game.
  • Sport Mode: We'll see. On the fence about the whole head-to-head online racing aspect. If I continually get placed in smash up derby races then forget it.
  • Missions/License Tests: Should be fun, but I usually complete these within the first 10 hours of gameplay. Then what?
So far the car list doesn't really inspire me, especially after seeing FM7. :eek: Maybe I simply don't like new cars IRL. Went to a Porsche show last weekend and I was more interested in the '64 356 than the Panomera I saw. I want to control the car, not have the car drive on autopilot.

I digress; I'm still looking forward to this game, but maybe PD will have a sequel in a few more years with more cars if they decide to upgrade their PS2 assets to modern specs.

I don't know what 'suitable' would be for a single race in Arcade mode but, we know that a Ferrari 458 costs 283.000 credits.
And it seems that single race allows you to choose a car which you currently are not "equipped" with: he has an Atenza, race is with a M6 Walkenhorst.

"Suitable", to me, depends on the planned progression. Perhaps earning too much, too quickly (one lap Nurb it seems?), may break it.
Possibly but seems no point racing on the highest difficulty for a 12% gain.

Possibly but seems no point racing on the highest difficulty for a 12% gain.

Considering only the example we have at hand (and neglecting that you may win credits for positions other than top 3):

Can win at beginner easily: 13.1k for seven minutes.
Can win at professional easily: 14.7k for the same seven minutes.
Can't win at professional easily but can reach third place: 14.3k for the same seven minutes.
Can't get 3rd place at pro but can get 3rd to 1st in intermediate: 13.5k-13.9k.

They are increasingly efficient for the same time spent.
The difficulty would be whatever suits the user's wants.

I hope seasonal events return. Would go a long way into lessening the lack of campaign.

Yes. I even thought they could add "Expert challenges" where you only have one try (or a few, but nevertheless limited) at it with full on damage/wear/fuel, bi-weekly or once a month.

"Veneno 20-lap battle at night-time Suzuka!"

And the prize could be some snazzy dev-made (or guest artist) livery.

Last edited:
The price
That's a new one on me. Which menu screen does it come from?
and the career prize cars under wraps.
Yes, I know there's prize cars. It's mentioned in the article (which I wrote) that this thread is the discussion thread for and I mentioned it in the first post you replied to:
The fact that the offline segment awards you with cars and the daily marathon - which in the beta awarded you cars for the Sport Mode - also
The point is that they make credits even less use, because as far as we know you can't modify the cars and the game will give you all of the cars anyway, for the offline segment and the daily marathon. There are, after all, only "177+" cars and we know that the driving school and mission challenge will give you 42 of them on their own.

I'm sure that more credits means you can buy cars sooner, and in colours you want rather than relying on random awards, but the game gives you all of the cars and there's nothing else to buy that we know of... so what are they actually for?

Furthermore, some of the pre-order packs give you credits. That means that credits can be downloaded, which means credits are downloadable content (which is the definition of a microtransaction). That begs the question of how PD is going to sell the GT Sport credits if they seem to have no purpose...

Considering only the example we have at hand (and neglecting that you may win credits for positions other than top 3):

Can win at beginner easily: 13.1k for seven minutes.
Can win at professional easily: 14.7k for the same seven minutes.
Can't win at professional easily but can reach third place: 14.3k for the same seven minutes.
Can't get 3rd place at pro but can get 3rd to 1st in intermediate: 13.5k-13.9k.

They are increasingly efficient for the same time spent.
The difficulty would be whatever suits the user's wants.
I think you're missing the bigger point. There's little incentive to use higher difficulties if you can just breeze through events on the easiest settings and win nearly the same amount of money. I think many people would prefer the higher difficulties to actually be difficult to achieve and with much higher rewards to go along with it.

The game is shaping up nicely even after what I thought was a lucklustre beta. However, the absence of a proper GT Mode/Career Mode is disappointing to say the least. Custom races just can't make up for that omission.

That's a new one on me. Which menu screen does it come from?

Yes, I know there's prize cars. It's mentioned in the article (which I wrote) that this thread is the discussion thread for and I mentioned it in the first post you replied to:

The point is that they make credits even less use, because as far as we know you can't modify the cars and the game will give you all of the cars anyway, for the offline segment and the daily marathon. There are, after all, only "177+" cars and we know that the driving school and mission challenge will give you 42 of them on their own.

I'm sure that more credits means you can buy cars sooner, and in colours you want rather than relying on random awards, but the game gives you all of the cars and there's nothing else to buy that we know of... so what are they actually for?

Furthermore, some of the pre-order packs give you credits. That means that credits can be downloaded, which means credits are downloadable content (which is the definition of a microtransaction). That begs the question of how PD is going to sell the GT Sport credits if they seem to have no purpose...

1) He access it from the Brand Central once he selects a specific car so I'd say the Specific Car Selected to See and/or Purchase menu screen.

2) As it is presented you are awarded with the cars under wraps on total completion. The GIFTS are not shown what they contain.
So I don't know where the 42 cars given comes from, but I trust you on that.

Yet the point wasn't that.

You
I'm still curious what the money and, now, what the XP/Level system is going to be for.

You were curious what credits were for since you were unaware cars were purchasable.
I said: You buy cars.

You
Even if credits are used to buy cars - which I don't recall seeing any evidence of - who'd need to? There's not that many cars.

So the questions remain. What are credits and the XP/Level system for in GT Sport?

Then you changed to a self-fulfilling and defeating proposition.
Cars are bought with credits, regardless if they are rewarded for free.

So the question that remained "What are credits for?" was still answered buy "Buying cars".

3) You repeat it answering and denying your own question.

"... so what they are actually for?" "I'm sure that more credits means you can buy cars [...]" "[...] rather than relying on random awards"

Even if you do have the knowledge that credits are plentiful or rewards are sufficient on their economy progression then (which I doubt since you did not know you could purchase cars), then that's cool I guess? Even then your question of "what credits are for" has an answer: "buying cars".

Barely needing to use credits or having to grind them arduously, they'll remain serving their same function.

4) That means credits can be downloaded? I believe those will be codes you redeem.
And being downloadable content is the very definition of DLC (which stands for Downloadable Content) which is content not present (either entirely or partially) in the game purchased, you have to download them.
That's why there are cases of "DLC" where they are actually just unlock keys, muddling the line between content that couldn't be delivered by the release of the product and content withheld.

Some DLCs are microtransactions.
Some microtransactions are DLCs.

But you are correct, selling virtual currency like "Credits" is/would be considered a microtransaction (Macro even, depending on pricing).

That begs the question, is PD selling credits in-game?
Because "selling" a digital head-start incentive is not proof in itself of existence (or non-existence) of in-game transactions of Real Currency <-> Game Credits.

I think you're missing the bigger point. There's little incentive to use higher difficulties if you can just breeze through events on the easiest settings and win nearly the same amount of money. I think many people would prefer the higher difficulties to actually be difficult to achieve and with much higher rewards to go along with it.

I'm not missing the bigger the point. :lol::lol::lol:

The point was: "There's no point doing the higher difficulties"
There is.

If you find the incentive small, that's fine. That doesn't change anything though.

Yet the point wasn't that.

You were curious what credits were for since you were unaware cars were purchasable.
I said: You buy cars.

Then you changed to a self-fulfilling and defeating proposition.
Cars are bought with credits, regardless if they are rewarded for free.

So the question that remained "What are credits for?" was still answered buy "Buying cars".
Here's the second post you responded to, before you added the citation I asked for.
Even if credits are used to buy cars - which I don't recall seeing any evidence of - who'd need to? There's not that many cars.
As you can see, nothing has changed or moved, and the question still hasn't been answered. On current evidence, there's no need for credits in GT Sport, because there's nothing to buy except cars and the game will give you all of the cars.

There isn't an answer, for reference.

2) As it is presented you are awarded with the cars under wraps on total completion. The GIFTS are not shown what they contain.
So I don't know where the 42 cars given comes from, but I trust you on that.
Six levels of driving school, eight levels of mission challenges, three cars (bronze, silver, gold) awarded for each. 3x(6+8) = 42 cars, from those two areas. I haven't seen into the racing etiquette or circuit experience sections yet, however from the looks of it there's a final, full-lap test for each circuit layout. If there's bronze, silver and gold car prizes for that too, you're looking at another 84 cars. That's 126 cars, plus whatever is in racing etiquette section, plus whatever is in the daily marathon, plus whatever rewards you get from campaign completion milestones, plus XP/level rewards...

So the question remains. And there still isn't an answer - at least not one known to the public (and certainly not by you).

Here's the second post you responded to, before you added the citation I asked for.

As you can see, nothing has changed or moved, and the question still hasn't been answered. On current evidence, there's no need for credits in GT Sport, because there's nothing to buy except cars and the game will give you all of the cars.

Six levels of driving school, eight levels of mission challenges, three cars (bronze, silver, gold) awarded for each. 3x(6+8) = 42 cars, from those two areas. I haven't seen into the racing etiquette or circuit experience sections yet, however from the looks of it there's a final, full-lap test for each circuit layout. If there's bronze, silver and gold car prizes for that too, you're looking at another 84 cars. That's 126 cars, plus whatever is in racing etiquette section, plus whatever is in the daily marathon, plus whatever rewards you get from campaign completion milestones, plus XP/level rewards...

So the question remains. And there still isn't an answer - at least not one known to the public (and certainly not by you).

Consider price cars only for silver and gold for driving school and mission challenges and the same for circuit exp.

That's 84 cars. Daily reward car might work differently than in BETA too.

"Even if credits are used to buy cars - which I don't recall seeing any evidence of - who'd need to? There's not that many cars."

You can either wait and receive all, or buy a specific one.
But again, that doesn't change anything.

Because:

I'm still curious what the money and, now, what the XP/Level system is going to be for.

To buy cars.

Even if credits are used to buy cars - which I DON'T RECALL SEEING ANY EVIDENCE OF

Then when evidence is presented that you use it to: buy cars.

"There's nothing to buy, except cars."

"There isn't an answer, for reference."

Of course there isn't.

GT-Sport-driving_school_02-800x450.jpg

GT-Sport-mission_challenge_02.jpg

Credits for individual challenges.
1 gift per completed stage.
2 for gold and silver in total completion.

So that's 18 cars between Mission and Driving School (if all gifts are cars, which they might as well be).

Circuit Experience has no indication of total completion prizes or gifts:

GT-Sport-circuit_experience_02.jpg

Etiquette I don't know.

But I trust your assumption on that. 126+ cars gifted plus daily marathon rewards means I'd have all cars in 50 days or even less, which is probably much less than if I had to grind credits. Fingers crossed.

Then when evidence is presented that you use it to: buy cars.
Yeah, you're not paying attention and just proselytising something not relevant. Not a shock since you didn't realise until your fourth response that I mentioned gift cars existing.

You can't answer the question asked because you don't have the information to do so. No-one does.

Consider price cars only for silver and gold for driving school and mission challenges and the same for circuit exp.
The evidence suggests one per completed eight-test stage and two further ones for silver and gold:
As you can see in this picture that @cutmeamango just posted in an attempt to patronise, without realising that I was the one who uploaded it to the blog in the first place, one car is shown in the prize box at the end of the first eight tests (I think it's an F-Type, which isn't a very Beginner car!), and two further ones are shown under silver and gold blankets on the left. That suggests 18 cars awarded over the 48 tests. The same sort of thing applies to the mission challenge image - one car in the prize box, two more under the silver and gold blankets. That's another 24.

If the circuit experience bit works the same, there's 28 layouts, so 28 final tests. Bronze, silver and gold cars makes 84 more cars.

Yeah, you're not paying attention and just proselytising something not relevant. Not a shock since you didn't realise until your fourth response that I mentioned gift cars existing.

Something irrelevant? You were the one that said you did not know what credits were for, because you did not know cars were purchasable.

Where did I "realize" you mentioned gift cars?
[citation required]

I linked the article image because it doesn't show you earning a car for every bronze. It show you earning a gift for every completed stage and two cars for gold/silver on total completion.
It counters your "who'd need to?" math.

You can't answer the question asked because you don't have the information to do so. No-one does.

The question was "what are credits for".

Quotes are clickable, it'll take you to your posts.

I'm still curious what the money and, now, what the XP/Level system is going to be for. Other than PSN Trophies, of course. There's nothing I can see that would require you to spend money

What is money going to be for, I am curious. There's nothing I can see that would require.

Answer is: Cars, at the very least.

Then you changed tune:

But tried to pull the same question:

What are credits and the XP/Level system for in GT Sport?

So here we have two questions:
"Who'd need to (use credits)"?
"What are credits for?"

Who'd need to? Anyone that wants to buy a specific car, as you answer your own question later.
What are credits for? Buying cars.

The evidence suggests one per completed eight-test stage and two further ones for silver and gold:
As you can see in this picture that @cutmeamango just posted in an attempt to patronise, without realising that I was the one who uploaded it to the blog in the first place, one car is shown in the prize box at the end of the first eight tests (I think it's an F-Type, which isn't a very Beginner car!), and two further ones are shown under silver and gold blankets on the left. That suggests 18 cars awarded over the 48 tests. The same sort of thing applies to the mission challenge image - one car in the prize box, two more under the silver and gold blankets. That's another 24.

If the circuit experience bit works the same, there's 28 layouts, so 28 final tests. Bronze, silver and gold cars makes 84 more cars.

That image (Driving School) suggest 8 cars awarded over 48 tests.
The car under wraps are under the total percentage.

The circuit experience has neither gift icons or the navigation through them shows cars to be awarded (as present on mission and driving).

Good lord he's still going...
Where did I "realize" you mentioned gift cars?
Not until at least the third time I mentioned that I talked about them in the very first post you responded to. Of course there's a decent chance that you still haven't realised because you're not paying the slightest attention to anything but 'you can buy cars with credits'.

At the moment you're trying to defend two separate points in two threads that are unrelated to the responses you've been given on the basis of no information. Give it up, man.

Good lord he's still going...

Not until at least the third time I mentioned that I talked about them in the very first post you responded to. Of course there's a decent chance that you still haven't realised because you're not paying the slightest attention to anything but 'you can buy cars with credits'.

At the first reply I mentioned it to complement my "daily marathon rewards" not being just cars - guess.

The second reply (that came with the picture) was to show that the gifts indicated stage completion and the gold/silver dressed cars are for total completion. Not whatever your count and account was.

At the moment you're trying to defend two separate points in two threads that are unrelated to the responses you've been given on the basis of no information. Give it up, man.

You didn't know cars were purchasable with in-game credits. Now you do.

You didn't know cars were purchasable with in-game credits. Now you do.
And you're still catastrophically missing the point.

You can't answer the question. You don't have the information to answer the question. No-one outside PD has the information to answer the question. Give it up.

And you're still catastrophically missing the point.

You can't answer the question. You don't have the information to answer the question. No-one outside PD has the information to answer the question. Give it up.

Which question?

As I said, you're not paying the slightest attention to anything but 'you can buy cars with credits'. Give it up.

I'm not being dishonest. What is the question that can't be answered.

Is it this:

Is "you'll receive all cars (eventually)" supposed to negate the ""need" to buy cars"?
What am I missing here?

I'm really confused. I just might give up.

*sigh* i was afraid of this. With this trend thats been goin on with racing games lately (all cars and tracks unlocked from the start, no way to earn money, no way to mod vehicles, no sense of progression or reason to even plau single player, no fun) i was hoping, no for sure that there would be NO WAY PD would fall into that trap.

All of the things that made gran turismo gran turismo, has been missing out of so many racing games this gen (project cars, assetto corsa, driveclub ect), and it seems its gonna be missing from gran turismo this time around itself. A big part of the fun was car collecting, and starting at the bottom and working your way to the top. A nobody with a crappy $5k car that you win lil small races with, hop up, and win more to get money to buy that next car. Rinse and repeat.

Now it seems like the "campaign" is becoming nothing more then a multiplayer trainer. I agree multiplayer is a big part of any game now, but still, dont take away a big part of what draws your fanbase for the past 20 years.

This is the most beautiful post I have ever read in these forums in over the three decades I've been visiting here. I could not have said it better! You hit the nail on the head and have summarized perfectly why I've become disenchanted with today's racing games containing a so called "career campaign" mode. I have nothing further to add. Great post moparmanmike.

Back