More on GT Sport Single Player, Scapes and Social Functions

The evidence suggests one per completed eight-test stage and two further ones for silver and gold:

To me it looks like you get 8 cars total from that picture. 6 for all rows of challenges and two after getting all silver and gold results.

Notice how the pointer is in 2nd row but the numbers above gold/silver cars show totals for all challenges. If two cars would be a reward for each row's sets of silver/gold it would show that row completion.

GT-Sport-driving_school_02-800x450.jpg

Now that I'm looking at this picture, I find it awkward that there are only 48 events, 24 for beginner + 24 for intermediate levels and zero advanced level events. Isn't it strange? 25% completion means there're no more levels after Intermediate and usually something intermediate is inbetween two diff things.

Last edited:
GT-Sport-driving_school_02-800x450.jpg

Now that I'm looking at this picture, I find it awkward that there are only 48 events, 24 for begginer + 24 for intermediate levels and zero advanced level events. Isn't it strange? 25% completion means there's no more levels after Intermediate and usually something intermediate is inbetween two diff things.
Maybe the advanced aspect of it, you learn in online play with actual people lol.

To me it looks like you get 8 cars total from that picture. 6 for all rows of challenges and two after getting all silver and gold results.
That could also be the case. If so you're looking at 8 from driving school, 9 from driving challenges, plus whatever you get from circuit experience (I'd expect one per full-lap challenge completed, so up to 28 from what we know, perhaps again with a total silver and total gold car for 30) and whatever you get from race etiquette (which, for now, is greyed out and we're not aware of what any of it brings). I'd still guess at a car for 100%, but possibly also 25% and 50%. So we're looking at around a quarter of the cars in the game, before the daily marathon - and if PD still has that set to client side instead of server side like in the Beta, you could get all the remaining cars in a week, if you tried hard enough :lol:

There's a lot of unknowns too - that challenge progress screen that Yamauchi is standing in front off (which included fuel and photomode pictures) may also reveal other rewards. Or they may be part of the levelling system - and that may also bring additional rewards. Or may not - we don't really know anything about the XP/Level system, other than the one in GT5 sucked massive donkey wang.

I hope they don't award cars daily just for driving. I hate having random duplicate cars, like they did for the beta. Being awarded one after a challenge is fine, but after that, I'd rather have control over what's in my garage. I may not want all the cars.

MMX
I hope they don't award cars daily just for driving. I hate having random duplicate cars, like they did for the beta. Being awarded one after a challenge is fine, but after that, I'd rather have control over what's in my garage. I may not want all the cars.

Well I don't really see that as an issue. If you get a car and don't want it, just sell it and pocket some credits. Better than getting nothing.

In the beta, we were awarded cars, but I think that I read somewhere or saw a picture where the daily reward was just credits, so it may just differ from day to day between different rewards. Cars, credits, other stuff like that.

GPR
Well I don't really see that as an issue. If you get a car and don't want it, just sell it and pocket some credits. Better than getting nothing.
That'll definitely work, if we can sell them.

I'm hoping the daily reward system in the beta was tailored to it's shorter play period, and it'll have more diverse rewards and higher unlock requirements in the full game. If not, it won't take long at all to have your garage filled with every car in the game, and have your credits just start accumulating in a useless pile. It would make much more sense if vehicle damage and maintenance and garage management come into play, but that's yet to be confirmed (or even hinted at).

What I'd like to see out of a the daily rewards is a variety of challenges, rather than just a simple "drive two races worth of miles and here's a car" - stuff that encourages use of various features and modes in the game, and maybe even specific cars. Something like "win an arcade race at X track in class X", or something really interchangeable like "drive X amount of miles/accumulate X amount of drift points/consume X amount of fuel in an X class/make/model/country car". And I'd like to see prizes other than just cars, like credit/XP bonuses, perhaps some unique special paint colors and even some special brand-specific scapes for completing brand-specific challenges (if that's something that comes to be).

I just really don't want the entire collection of cars to be handed to me shortly after day one, especially when PD seem to be putting a lot of effort into making brand loyalty and personalization highlighted this time around. In the past games the larger car list and abundant late-game credits allowed me to just sorta pick up anything that piqued my interest left and right and jump into races with a random car, but that isn't going to be possible with a GTS-sized car list and no further padding - you'll run out fast and get bored. In the beta, very early on I disliked my starter N300 and Gr. 3 car, but loved the GT-R I was blessed with for Gr. 4, and with the online focus I became a lot more focused on refining my lap times, set up, and race craft, rather than just trying every car I got like I had in the past games. I only tried about 10 of the of the ~40 (I think?) cars in the beta, and even then only really extensively used five or so of those. I got to dig onto those cars, and I really enjoyed that experience, and I really hope the full game will be able to expand upon it, but if that is to happen I think that this time around the credits system needs to be balanced in such a way that if I want and/or need a new car, I need to get a good amount of racing in.

The Photo Mode and customization features have had me locked in on a purchase for a while now, but I'm really, really concerned about the replay value that major parts of this game will have.

Honestly, I'm pleasantly surprised with the campaign/driving school preview. Sure, it's not a full-blown campaign like in the previous GT games, but that wasn't ever promised. However, it still has loads of challenges, and the screenshots indicate that one can win cars for beating them at silver and gold.

Another video about the Campaign Mode.

It appears you earn "Mileage" as you complete the challenges.

Yeah, and the fact that you get 30 mileage points for a 30 second challenge means the grind will still be there, but not nearly as bad as GT of the past. I wonder how many mileage pints you get for a full 2-5 lap race.

Yeah, and the fact that you get 30 mileage points for a 30 second challenge means the grind will still be there, but not nearly as bad as GT of the past. I wonder how many mileage pints you get for a full 2-5 lap race.
How do you know it's not nearly as bad? How long did it take to acquire 150 cars in past games and how long will it take in GTSport?

How do you know it's not nearly as bad? How long did it take to acquire 150 cars in past games and how long will it take in GTSport?

To power up the GTR requires 380 mileage points:

gran_turismosport_20170725114244_jpeg_1400x0_q85-jpg.663687

In the Kyoto challenge video he got 30 mileage points for a 30 second race, even though he failed. So after 13 attempts (or 6 minutes of driving), the user would have enough mileage points to increase the HP range of a Schulze GT3 Nissan GTR by 200. It's not a stretch to imagine you'd get more mileage points for attempting an event that is a longer distance.

Last edited:
Wait. The mileage points are resulting as the Tokens, right? Is it known how many points count as one token?
By the way, aren't the tokens for upgrading your car's performance points? Was it mentioned here earlier?

edit: thank you @marcvic

In the Kyoto challenge video he got 30 mileage points for a 30 second race, even though he failed. So after 13 attempts (or 6 minutes of driving), the user would have enough mileage points to increase the HP range of a Schulze GT3 Nissan GTR by 200. It's not a stretch to imagine you'd get more mileage points for attempting an event that is a longer distance.
6 minutes to increase the top hp of the adjustment range by 49 hp would be the figure most people will be focusing on. I could run an offline race in prior games and win enough money to buy an entire race car or add an engine power up, turbo, ECU, exhaust and a lot more and gain a lot more than 49 hp in the same amount of time. Your equation doesn't work for eliminating grinding. In fact it looks like even more grinding.

6 minutes to increase the top hp of the adjustment range by 49 hp would be the figure most people will be focusing on. I could run an offline race in prior games and win enough money to buy an entire race car or add an engine power up, turbo, ECU, exhaust and a lot more and gain a lot more than 49 hp in the same amount of time. Your equation doesn't work for eliminating grinding. In fact it looks like even more grinding.

OK I see where I missed the current v. future range, but you are also forgetting that those higher hp upgrades cost a lot more than the lower hp upgrades in past GT.

And the original point that I was making is that there was some confusion in the threads as far as how the mileage points compares to actual miles driven, so 30 seconds got 30 mileage points isn't as bad as 30 miles gets you 30 mileage points.

Just out of interest, what video or screenshot does this image come from?

Am I the only one who feels that the new offline mode could actually be played fairly similarly to previous games in the series? Fair enough there aren't specific offline race series, championships and all the rest but as far as I can tell, unless I buy a race car right off the bat, then I should be able to buy a decent car, earn money both online and offline to spend on rims/body modifications if there are any, all the while fine-tuning it until it suits me perfectly, until I eventually save for a new car. Now if anything, this appeals to me more than the previous setup, where I had to buy cars of a certain drivetrain or aspiration to advance. In GTS, it seems that we'll be able to forge our own paths to the higher echelons of the game.

Before I'm decried as a ridiculous fanboy/apologist etc., I promise I'm not although I loved the previous games, I just happen to be genuinely excited by the direction PD are taking with GTS.

So I take it that this is more of an e-sports game? I guess this probably explains why Polyphony Digital left out some big features from their previous titles so they can maintain frame rate it seems.

Sorry for rushing in and not looking enough, but does the campaign mode give credits? Also if it gives credits can you restart the same event to get the credits again? The thing is this: I plan on completely avoiding Sport Mode and sticking to online lobbies and getting my credits from campaign if it does indeed gives some.

So I take it that this is more of an e-sports game? I guess this probably explains why Polyphony Digital left out some big features from their previous titles so they can maintain frame rate it seems.

It's entirely an e-sports game by the looks of it. The only features that remain are those that support the online or are photomode.

Sorry for rushing in and not looking enough, but does the campaign mode give credits? Also if it gives credits can you restart the same event to get the credits again? The thing is this: I plan on completely avoiding Sport Mode and sticking to online lobbies and getting my credits from campaign if it does indeed gives some.
Yes, it does. :)
IMG_2594.PNG

IMG_2595.PNG

And this is only the first mission in the Driving School, so you'll be able to earn more. :D

@Imari And Arcade mode.

Back