More on GT Sport Single Player, Scapes and Social Functions

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by GTPNewsWire, Jul 27, 2017.

1. GTPNewsWire

GTPNewsWire Contributing Writer

2. RaceFuchs

RaceFuchs

Campaign looks like a huge, never ending, boring driving school to me. Sad there wont be any (custom) championships against the AI. That could have been pretty cool.

So yeah. This is an e-Sport game after all. Guess i will stick to PCars2 and Forza 7 for the offline part.

05XR8, bremics, DingoDile and 10 others like this.
  3. ToyGTone

ToyGTone

So Campaign Mode in Gran Turismo Sport is going to be just like the Gran Turismo 4 Prologue?
    Since GT4 Prologue also features license test along with overtaking missions as far as I believe.

Circuit Experience part reminds me of that AMG Nürburgring Special Events from Gran Turismo 5 with the sectors and one complete lap.

The last one is a bit interesting.

----
    Scapes looks really nice IMO. At first I hated the idea of Scapes because they feel like just a static 360° Photo and they threw a car in it. Now I don't mind it tho.

And the Menus looks rather nice and modern. They definitely win in that aspect. Let's how the game play does the same.

4. marcvic

marcvic

Check out this thread: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/event-creator-in-gtsport.357524/

AgentBlackDog and RaceFuchs like this.
  5. Joey D

Joey D Premium

Little sad to see there aren't the traditional cups we're used to in GT. It was always fun starting from the bottom with some poverty spec car in the Sunday Cup and working your way up to some of the massive championships later on.

I never really enjoyed the license tests in previous GT's and only ever completed them because I had too. The rest of the campaign mode just looks like it's a big tutorial or mini game type of thing. I hope more is revealed as the release date gets closer because as of right now I'm sort of on the side of "not a buy".

6. GT Sport

GT Sport

BYE BYE REAL LIFE!

7. MMX

MMX Premium

I noticed in one of those pics, the car had CSS tires. I assume Comfort Super Soft, seems odd to have that variation.

TomBrady likes this.
  8. sems4arsenal

sems4arsenal Premium

9. Destroy321

Destroy321

It's "GT Sport" not "GT7"

10. Joey D

Joey D Premium

What does that have to do with single player content though? I think many of us would be happy enough with a career mode that involved strictly race cars.

11. SpectralGas

SpectralGas

So? Changing the name doesn;t mean it cannot have a meaningful Sp content still...it happens all the time in gaming.

bremics, Imari, HarVee and 2 others like this.
  12. MisterOne77

MisterOne77

I'm not angry, just a bit disappointing. Although, everything else in this game looks too good for me to not consider buying it.

Lord Kacperov likes this.
  13. Mad1723

Mad1723 Premium

Honestly, the campaign is disappointing in a certain way. No more "rags to riches", but the better online environment is what's gonna keep me coming back. More options and more ratings means more control on who you're racing. Hopefully they learned a lot during the beta and from GT5 and 6.

14. unit-one

unit-one

So.. the only way to earn big Cr. is to play online?? 0_o

15. AKps3

AKps3

No

AgentBlackDog likes this.
  16. marcvic

marcvic

superwally and AgentBlackDog like this.
  17. unit-one

unit-one

bremics, ImaRobot and Johnnypenso like this.
  18. AKps3

AKps3

19. moparmanmike

moparmanmike

*sigh* i was afraid of this. With this trend thats been goin on with racing games lately (all cars and tracks unlocked from the start, no way to earn money, no way to mod vehicles, no sense of progression or reason to even plau single player, no fun) i was hoping, no for sure that there would be NO WAY PD would fall into that trap.

All of the things that made gran turismo gran turismo, has been missing out of so many racing games this gen (project cars, assetto corsa, driveclub ect), and it seems its gonna be missing from gran turismo this time around itself. A big part of the fun was car collecting, and starting at the bottom and working your way to the top. A nobody with a crappy $5k car that you win lil small races with, hop up, and win more to get money to buy that next car. Rinse and repeat.

Now it seems like the "campaign" is becoming nothing more then a multiplayer trainer. I agree multiplayer is a big part of any game now, but still, dont take away a big part of what draws your fanbase for the past 20 years.

20. GBalao888

GBalao888

Screen Shot 2017-07-28 at 3.48.48 AM.png
    It seems as though the five categories are Single Race, Split-Screen, VR Mode, Time Trial and Drift Mode respectively, but can someone translate the sixth category so we may know what it means?

21. unit-one

unit-one

upload_2017-7-27_22-49-59.png
    I guess this is the difficulty selection?

Quakebass and AgentBlackDog like this.
  22. AKps3

AKps3

23. doblocruiser

doblocruiser

Based on the icon I wouls say "settings"

Lord Kacperov likes this.
  24. unit-one

unit-one

Grinding Cr. will take forever when looking at the prizes...
    You have to buy cars, right?

bremics likes this.
  25. Famine

Famine Administrator

It says "Custom Race".

26. marcvic

marcvic

Yep, you have to buy cars. Not sure about credit payout for every race, but the $8K cash prices is with a group of MX-5 level vehicles. No information on whether faster classes receive more credits.

I see this as a good replacement for the race series of past GT games - instead of a fixed amount of races, you get endless possibilities. It guarantees that every car can be used to earn money:tup:

unit-one and Lord Kacperov like this.
  27. AKps3

AKps3

Maybe you will get more Cr. for different tracks and more laps.
    You also can win cars

AgentBlackDog and unit-one like this.
  28. Mirt09

Mirt09

Well, you can earn enogh credits in campaign mode. If you're good enough though :D
    For example 33k credits in a 30s time trial with the audi tt cup car in the curcuit experiance section
    (shown in some gameplay video from ign)

29. marcvic

marcvic

I wonder if it will let you win those credits multiple times over - or if they'll just do like GT 6 and give the cash payout one time only.

Sploshington likes this.
  30. unit-one

unit-one

If prizes will depend of the car class, the amount of laps or the track length...
    Hmm, if so, then it's not so bad after all.

"It guarantees that every car can be used to earn money" -this sounds good. I love driving different cars.