More opponents to come in VR mode?

I finally set-up my PSVR that I got in November (I know, I know, but Life). This is my first VR experience...ever, on anything.

I wear glasses, set it up properly, and was surprised at how fuzzy and unclear things were.

...and loved every minute of it.

Edit: is a slight rainbow effect on letters common, or is it just me? Just curious.

Last edited:
I put my PS4 camera on top of my TV.....I use a sim racing rig for my PSVR and it is a great immersion and feeling.
Important os to calibrate the PS4 camera with your PSVR in the PS4 menu and adjust your eyes distance position in the menu aswell.
There is 1 thing that drives me nuts......the tracking. While driving in GTS with the PSVR it looses all the time the neutral center position, I have to press "options" button very often to center it again, that is very annoying. Other than that the VR mode in GTS is great fun, expect the pseudo race against only 1 stupid AI opponent.

Yeah, the loss of tracking is annoying. Additionally, there is no planet in this universe where I spin out and am still able to catch the other car I'm racing in a two lap race.

Well...maybe the Degaba system.

Wipeout VR is a 10+-year-old game that ran at 1080p 60 FPS on the ps3. Why because its source code comes from the psp /ps2.. So yeah Kaz, Revert the graphics back tp GT psp and spruce up the textures and lighting..

Honestly, for VR they probably would be better off pivoting an older title towards VR rather than trying to make it work for GT Sport.

I don't know, I'm still hoping for more possibilities to come. The Timetrial VR extension is really great in comparison to the poor 1vs1 two lap races that was the only playable VR mode at game launch.

Honestly, driving in VR with G29 wheel is pure hapiness to me

Honestly, for VR they probably would be better off pivoting an older title towards VR rather than trying to make it work for GT Sport.

This makes so much sense it is ridiculous that we have to say it out loud. Even if there is a less established base of actually sim racers I believe even casual fans of racing games who have PSVR hardware would love to try it...or maybe even become converts to this hobby/sport.

I don't know, I'm still hoping for more possibilities to come. The Timetrial VR extension is really great in comparison to the poor 1vs1 two lap races that was the only playable VR mode at game launch.

Honestly, driving in VR with G29 wheel is pure hapiness to me

I don't know if it has anything to do with VR, but I set personal record times for myself in the R18 at Kyoto.

"Happiness" is a word we don't use too much in these threads, but it is SO appropriate in this instance!

@BuckFly yes the "rainbow effect" is very visible in GTS in PSVR mode. Well, I know that the PS4 ( even PRO ) is NOT a high end gaming PC with a GTX1080TI and for that kind of hardware the VR experience is really good in PSVR. I am looking forward very much for a better hardware in the future which gives us better resolution, better FOV and no screen door effect. I am sure the PS5 will get a new PSVR headset from launch and it will be a big step forward for sure.
Now we are still playing on PS4 with our PSVR and I am really hoping to get some improvements for GTS in VR very soon. I really want a real race in VR with a full starting grid, let's do it PD.

@BuckFly yes the "rainbow effect" is very visible in GTS in PSVR mode. Well, I know that the PS4 ( even PRO ) is NOT a high end gaming PC with a GTX1080TI and for that kind of hardware the VR experience is really good in PSVR. I am looking forward very much for a better hardware in the future which gives us better resolution, better FOV and no screen door effect. I am sure the PS5 will get a new PSVR headset from launch and it will be a big step forward for sure.
Now we are still playing on PS4 with our PSVR and I am really hoping to get some improvements for GTS in VR very soon. I really want a real race in VR with a full starting grid, let's do it PD.

Bibles of truth, top to bottom in your post Joerg. Nicely done.

Man...let's be honest: THIS, meaning VR really is where we are headed and where we really should be headed. Don't get me wrong, I think 3 screens are great and is a tremendous experience for you guys that can afford it and experience it.

However, VR just seems to be THE technological advancement that is the road ahead for simracing. I hope all involved keep plugging away on it, because truthfully I think it should be further along now that what we have seen (not just with PSVR, but with Oculus and the Vive as well). Hardware and software should be advancing quicker than we've seen at this stage and prices should be coming down.

...and MS needs to make a VR announcement at E3 in 3 weeks, because it is getting ridiculous with the XOne and X1X having no support for this.

Bibles of truth, top to bottom in your post Joerg. Nicely done.

Man...let's be honest: THIS, meaning VR really is where we are headed and where we really should be headed. Don't get me wrong, I think 3 screens are great and is a tremendous experience for you guys that can afford it and experience it.

However, VR just seems to be THE technological advancement that is the road ahead for simracing. I hope all involved keep plugging away on it, because truthfully I think it should be further along now that what we have seen (not just with PSVR, but with Oculus and the Vive as well). Hardware and software should be advancing quicker than we've seen at this stage and prices should be coming down.

...and MS needs to make a VR announcement at E3 in 3 weeks, because it is getting ridiculous with the XOne and X1X having no support for this.

Yes.....VR in sim racing is really the future, I am sure about that and most people who tried it will not go back to a 2D screen. The bad thing about it on PS4 is that the content is so limited with racing titles, I know only GTS, Dirt Rally and Driveclub VR. On PC there is more content with better results and quality. I have a big hope for VR in sim racing for the near future. Every update for GTS I hope there will be an improvement of the VR mode contained aswell.....let´s wait and see what's coming.

The most affordable drift simulator

In the past, playing VR was all about racing with AI,I did not expect to drift with AI
GT Sport's VR is really good (except graphics quality...),
The simulation of the shifting center of gravity really tricks the brain,
Trying to run "Nürburgring" can clearly feel the ups and downs of the road.
I like it!

I'm thinking GT Sport will have enhanced VR on PS5. I don't think Sony will launch PSVR2 alongside PS5. That's over a grand at launch easily and Sony doesn't want PSVR to be percieved as expensive. The upgraded CPU and GPU in PS5 should give PSVR games quite a boost. I think PSVR2 will come 2-3 years after PS5 launch. People have said its a drastic difference going from base PS4 to Pro in VR. I believe PS5 will be an even bigger jump for PSVR.

Last edited:
Back