[MORE TRACKS] - GTS needs more circuits, urgently!

• Thread starter BrunusCL82
  • 193 comments
I don't want to start a circular, but how much of that lack of surface detail is actually not so much a lack of it being there but just that the FFB in GTsport is terrible? Also playing in bumper cam view definitely makes it look like the car is flying over a snooker table smooth surface, when playing in cockpit there is clearly more bumps and details to be seen.
I felt that way with the t150 and g29, but with the csl there's nothing that makes the car ripple that I don't feel, and I'm running 1 torque and 1 sens. I suspect the same is true for the other wheels but then to get that detail you give up all the resistance.

Last edited:
Agree.

Considering that real world circuits mean much more work to do (licensing, real world modeling to match real world cars pace), they should start with some of the classics that were on every game since the original Gran Turismo.
I believe some work has to be done to upgrade from GT6, but still, not so much work.
GT Sport doesn't have so many tracks were is possible to have a proper Sport race.

Grand Valley, Apricot Hill, Deep Forest, Trial Mountain, Midfield, Highspeed Ring, Tokyo, Rome, Madrid. They would keep me going. Then Spa, Monza and Le Mans at least.

All I want is Spa, Monaco, Monza, silverstone, donington, trial mountain, Rome street circuit, eiger nordwand, grand valley.

But most of all I really want to see trial mountain in PS4 glory. That part after (I think) the third tunnel up the hills between those tree’s would look amazing with GT Sports lighting model!
E123B5CF-AF11-43C0-9F47-6C4DF1B8C77C.jpeg

All I want is Spa, Monaco, Monza, silverstone, donington, trial mountain, Rome street circuit, eiger nordwand, grand valley.

But personally I really want to see trial mountain in PS4 glory. That part after (I think) the third tunnel up the hills between those tree’s would look amazing with GT Sports lighting model!
View attachment 697856

So much this. Mmmmm the lighting. Please PD, some of the old original tracks. Please.

I don't want to start a circular, but how much of that lack of surface detail is actually not so much a lack of it being there but just that the FFB in GTsport is terrible? Also playing in bumper cam view definitely makes it look like the car is flying over a snooker table smooth surface, when playing in cockpit there is clearly more bumps and details to be seen.
It could be the poor FFB if the 'ring didn't have a much better degree of FFB to it and the expansion joints in Tokyo were not able to be felt.

GTS don't have great FFB, but the lack of surface detail on many of the track is also a factor, as is the poor camber and profile details for many as well. I again point to Sheene Curves at Brands Hatch GP as being totally different in GTS in these regards to either AC or PC/PC2.

I've driven Brands Hatch and honestly of the three, the one that feels the most wrong is without question GTS.

That really depends on what you expect from FFB. Assetto Corsa has always been referenced as having the best FFB. You can feel lots of detail. Also PCars 2 is can be more lively then GTsport. But you do need to consider that some of those effects are “amplified”. Because most of the road texture, bumps etc is felt through your seat, rather then the steering wheel.

You’ll notice that when switching between informative/immersive/raw. With raw being as much 1:1 (or realism) SMS has intended. It feels a bit less active , similar to GT sport (without DFB). So that could be a facor.

Edit: meaning you can customize lots more in PCars to add to your preference of road feel. That is where GTsport falls short. I have a T-GT and get more road feel.

That really depends on what you expect from FFB. Assetto Corsa has always been referenced as having the best FFB. You can feel lots of detail. Also PCars 2 is can be more lively then GTsport. But you do need to consider that some of those effects are “amplified”. Because most of the road texture, bumps etc is felt through your seat, rather then the steering wheel.

You’ll notice that when switching between informative/immersive/raw. With raw being as much 1:1 (or realism) SMS has intended. It feels a bit less active , similar to GT sport (without DFB). So that could be a facor.

Edit: meaning you can customize lots more in PCars to add to your preference of road feel. That is where GTsport falls short. I have a T-GT and get more road feel.
I run RAW on PC2 as I have a tactile rig for the seat of the pants stuff. Its not down to that.

Brands Hatch is not a smooth circuit, its a 'park' style circuit with a lot of surface changes and odd cambers.

I run RAW on PC2 as I have a tactile rig for the seat of the pants stuff. Its not down to that.

Brands Hatch is not a smooth circuit, its a 'park' style circuit with a lot of surface changes and odd cambers.
They do claim laserscanned tracks... the track is a lot smoother in GTsport.

I think it's just absurd GtLeague to be announced with these same circuits. Are they going to change just how to play the already launched circuits? I think they are undermining our intelligence!

I do not know how devious this is Polyphony. It's unbelievable!

GTLeague (Campaign mode) without Trial Mountain, Midfield, Apricot, Deep Forest, Autumn Ring, High Speed Ring is a counter attack. It's insane!

Wake up, PD!

I wanted too much to see Red Rock Valley.

GTS can not take another month running always in Dragon Tail, Interlagos, Suzuka, Bathurst Nurbugring and Maggiore. Enough! Tired already!

I was thirsty to play GTS, but when I turn on the PS4 and see the circuits repeating themselves, I get bored. And I turn off the console.

I think it's just absurd GtLeague to be announced with these same circuits. Are they going to change just how to play the already launched circuits? I think they are undermining our intelligence!

GTLeague (Campaign mode) without Trial Mountain, Midfield, Apricot, Deep Forest, Autumn Ring, High Speed Ring is a counter attack. It's insane!

Wake up, PD!

GTS can not take another month running always in Dragon Tail, Interlagos, Suzuka, Bathurst Nurbugring and Maggiore. Enough! Tired already!

I was thirsty to play GTS, but when I turn on the PS4 and see the circuits repeating themselves, I get bored. And I turn off the console.

They did say tracks are coming soon, we just don’t know a date or how often they will be added. Personally I’m hoping/thinking they are going to start adding them in soon hopefully at the rate of at least one new track a month.

They did say tracks are coming soon, we just don’t know a date or how often they will be added. Personally I’m hoping/thinking they are going to start adding them in soon hopefully at the rate of at least one new track a month.
I hope in PSX will announce something.

The original tracks are coming. They have been in every GT game ever created, and they will be in this one too. We just need to have a little patience.

People would also be whining if the game came with original GT tracks but nothing new. We have Alsace, Maggiore, Dragons' tail, Kyoto Yamigawa, so many good new tracks, new to the series! Yes at this point in the game's life, the lineup is indeed lacking, but believe me, Kaz and PD are working on it.

Yes we do need more tracks I'm tired of racing on the same tracks smh !!!! Can we also get some rain and night time daily races !!!!

Fwiw, I think Alsace, Dragon Trail, Maggiore and Yamagiwa are outstanding. I would really like to see Trial Mountain, Deep Forest, Smokey Mountain, R246, El Capitan and the Autumn Ring return, but only if done justice.
Personally, whilst a return of Apricot, Grand Valley and Midfield would be welcome, the essence of these circuits is captured in Maggiore, Dragon Trail and Yamagiwa respectively. Miyabi is the new Tsukuba, too but was not a personal favourite, merely necessary as a short, moderately challenging track, to race the less powerful cars on with laptimes suitable for the short of attention or for basic tuning.

I would so love to see Seattle, Grindelwald and Route 11 but I won't hold my breath on those.

Realistically? Anything! Just dilute the frequency of NurbGP and Interlagos on the dailies! Bleurgh to real tracks! Too much opportunity for criticism there too imo.

Realistically? Anything! Just dilute the frequency of NurbGP and Interlagos on the dailies! Bleurgh to real tracks! Too much opportunity for criticism there too imo.

Bleurgh is a real word, LOL

And weather. All the weather and times of day. Rain, snow, slush and maybe even wind effects, y'know, side buffeting and stuff. Typhoon on Suzuka? Blizzard on Grindalwald? :D

OK, maybe a bit exaggerated but definitely have the opportunity to have the occasional wet, night race once in a while.

And weather. All the weather and times of day. Rain, snow, slush and maybe even wind effects, y'know, side buffeting and stuff. Typhoon on Suzuka? Blizzard on Grindalwald? :D

Grindelwald! I haven't thought about that track since the last time I played GT2.
Would be a great addition to the original circuit lineup, but unlikely to happen.

It would only be logical if Le Mans is the first DLC track introduced. PD can't justify having FIA backing and only feature it as a couple of Scapes backgrounds.

It would only be logical if Le Mans is the first DLC track introduced. PD can't justify having FIA backing and only feature it as a couple of Scapes backgrounds.
Most of the racing that takes place at Le Man is ACO sanctioned and governed, as such I would imagine that it's not high on the FIAs list.

What about adding "LE Mans" in June 2018 while "Les 24h du Mans" ?

It could be possible that some tracks are added when there are races in real life, that would add more "realism".

Monaco for May (GP), Paul Ricard in June and Monza on September ?
Ok this is F1, but it could be coherent.

I'd Love to see London too, and even even more...

Most of the racing that takes place at Le Man is ACO sanctioned and governed, as such I would imagine that it's not high on the FIAs list.

A. I don't know why people think the FIA would choose certain tracks. They simply grade all international circuits which determines what type of cars can race on it.

B. The FIA World Endurance Championship's premier round is Le Mans. A series run in collaboration with the ACO.

C. The WEC and F1 race exclusively on FIA Grade 1 circuits with the exception of Le Mans and Sebring (for historic reasons), which are Grade 2.

Wake up, PD!

Download Assetto Corsa and Project Cars 2 and you will never be bored. All three complement each other.

A. I don't know why people think the FIA would choose certain tracks. They simply grade all international circuits which determines what type of cars can race on it.
I agree, however the marketing around GTS has focused on the FIA accreditation of tracks, so its in peoples minds.

B. The FIA World Endurance Championship's premier round is Le Mans. A series run in collaboration with the ACO.
True, my point (which may not have been clear) is that the circuit is not one of those with a long history of FIA events, such as Spa or Silverstone.

C. The WEC and F1 race exclusively on FIA Grade 1 circuits with the exception of Le Mans and Sebring (for historic reasons), which are Grade 2.
Yep, and yet GTS has a real world circuit that doesn't even hold FIA grading.

Back