[MORE TRACKS] - GTS needs more circuits, urgently!

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by BrunusCL82, Nov 28, 2017.

1. LordDrift

LordDrift

I felt that way with the t150 and g29, but with the csl there's nothing that makes the car ripple that I don't feel, and I'm running 1 torque and 1 sens. I suspect the same is true for the other wheels but then to get that detail you give up all the resistance.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
  2. Mr616

Mr616

Grand Valley, Apricot Hill, Deep Forest, Trial Mountain, Midfield, Highspeed Ring, Tokyo, Rome, Madrid. They would keep me going. Then Spa, Monza and Le Mans at least.

Duppy Gee, PSN_mumpheys, VXR and 2 others like this.
  3. PocketZeven

PocketZeven

All I want is Spa, Monaco, Monza, silverstone, donington, trial mountain, Rome street circuit, eiger nordwand, grand valley.

But most of all I really want to see trial mountain in PS4 glory. That part after (I think) the third tunnel up the hills between those tree’s would look amazing with GT Sports lighting model!
    E123B5CF-AF11-43C0-9F47-6C4DF1B8C77C.jpeg

NosOsH, NICKname, queleuleu and 6 others like this.
  4. Mr616

Mr616

So much this. Mmmmm the lighting. Please PD, some of the old original tracks. Please.

IngRobNy likes this.
  5. Scaff

Scaff Staff Emeritus

It could be the poor FFB if the 'ring didn't have a much better degree of FFB to it and the expansion joints in Tokyo were not able to be felt.

GTS don't have great FFB, but the lack of surface detail on many of the track is also a factor, as is the poor camber and profile details for many as well. I again point to Sheene Curves at Brands Hatch GP as being totally different in GTS in these regards to either AC or PC/PC2.

I've driven Brands Hatch and honestly of the three, the one that feels the most wrong is without question GTS.

6. PocketZeven

PocketZeven

That really depends on what you expect from FFB. Assetto Corsa has always been referenced as having the best FFB. You can feel lots of detail. Also PCars 2 is can be more lively then GTsport. But you do need to consider that some of those effects are “amplified”. Because most of the road texture, bumps etc is felt through your seat, rather then the steering wheel.

You’ll notice that when switching between informative/immersive/raw. With raw being as much 1:1 (or realism) SMS has intended. It feels a bit less active , similar to GT sport (without DFB). So that could be a facor.

Edit: meaning you can customize lots more in PCars to add to your preference of road feel. That is where GTsport falls short. I have a T-GT and get more road feel.

stevenhiggster likes this.
  7. Scaff

Scaff Staff Emeritus

I run RAW on PC2 as I have a tactile rig for the seat of the pants stuff. Its not down to that.

Brands Hatch is not a smooth circuit, its a 'park' style circuit with a lot of surface changes and odd cambers.

Twstcrv likes this.
  8. PocketZeven

PocketZeven

They do claim laserscanned tracks... the track is a lot smoother in GTsport.

9. BrunusCL82

BrunusCL82

I think it's just absurd GtLeague to be announced with these same circuits. Are they going to change just how to play the already launched circuits? I think they are undermining our intelligence!

I do not know how devious this is Polyphony. It's unbelievable!

GTLeague (Campaign mode) without Trial Mountain, Midfield, Apricot, Deep Forest, Autumn Ring, High Speed Ring is a counter attack. It's insane!

Wake up, PD!

I wanted too much to see Red Rock Valley.

GTS can not take another month running always in Dragon Tail, Interlagos, Suzuka, Bathurst Nurbugring and Maggiore. Enough! Tired already!

I was thirsty to play GTS, but when I turn on the PS4 and see the circuits repeating themselves, I get bored. And I turn off the console.

NICKname likes this.
  10. iGeaux_Psycho

iGeaux_Psycho

They did say tracks are coming soon, we just don’t know a date or how often they will be added. Personally I’m hoping/thinking they are going to start adding them in soon hopefully at the rate of at least one new track a month.

11. BrunusCL82

BrunusCL82

I hope in PSX will announce something.

ProjectF likes this.
  12. DGXR

DGXR

The original tracks are coming. They have been in every GT game ever created, and they will be in this one too. We just need to have a little patience.

People would also be whining if the game came with original GT tracks but nothing new. We have Alsace, Maggiore, Dragons' tail, Kyoto Yamigawa, so many good new tracks, new to the series! Yes at this point in the game's life, the lineup is indeed lacking, but believe me, Kaz and PD are working on it.

ProjectF likes this.
  13. LordDrift

LordDrift

They can bury Alsace 1000 feet IMO. Hate that garbage.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
  14. Grisetti GT17

Grisetti GT17

Yes we do need more tracks I'm tired of racing on the same tracks smh !!!! Can we also get some rain and night time daily races !!!!

15. Renrag39

Renrag39

Fwiw, I think Alsace, Dragon Trail, Maggiore and Yamagiwa are outstanding. I would really like to see Trial Mountain, Deep Forest, Smokey Mountain, R246, El Capitan and the Autumn Ring return, but only if done justice.
    Personally, whilst a return of Apricot, Grand Valley and Midfield would be welcome, the essence of these circuits is captured in Maggiore, Dragon Trail and Yamagiwa respectively. Miyabi is the new Tsukuba, too but was not a personal favourite, merely necessary as a short, moderately challenging track, to race the less powerful cars on with laptimes suitable for the short of attention or for basic tuning.

I would so love to see Seattle, Grindelwald and Route 11 but I won't hold my breath on those.

Realistically? Anything! Just dilute the frequency of NurbGP and Interlagos on the dailies! Bleurgh to real tracks! Too much opportunity for criticism there too imo.

NICKname likes this.
  16. DGXR

DGXR

Bleurgh is a real word, LOL

17. Renrag39

Renrag39

And weather. All the weather and times of day. Rain, snow, slush and maybe even wind effects, y'know, side buffeting and stuff. Typhoon on Suzuka? Blizzard on Grindalwald? :D

OK, maybe a bit exaggerated but definitely have the opportunity to have the occasional wet, night race once in a while.

18. DGXR

DGXR

Grindelwald! I haven't thought about that track since the last time I played GT2.
    Would be a great addition to the original circuit lineup, but unlikely to happen.

VXR likes this.
  19. ShiftingGears

ShiftingGears

Can respawns at Willow Springs be exploited? I've no idea why it isn't used in daily races otherwise.

TheGeologist likes this.
  20. 2clicks

2clicks

It would only be logical if Le Mans is the first DLC track introduced. PD can't justify having FIA backing and only feature it as a couple of Scapes backgrounds.

Turbo Racer 48 likes this.
  21. ShiftingGears

ShiftingGears

They can't justify many decisions they make.

stevenhiggster likes this.
  22. Scaff

Scaff Staff Emeritus

Most of the racing that takes place at Le Man is ACO sanctioned and governed, as such I would imagine that it's not high on the FIAs list.

ArnoFR likes this.
  23. ArnoFR

ArnoFR

What about adding "LE Mans" in June 2018 while "Les 24h du Mans" ?

It could be possible that some tracks are added when there are races in real life, that would add more "realism".

Monaco for May (GP), Paul Ricard in June and Monza on September ?
    Ok this is F1, but it could be coherent.

I'd Love to see London too, and even even more...

VXR likes this.
  24. Tired Tyres

Tired Tyres

What about Dubai in January for the 24 hours, Daytona in February, Sebring in March etc? Each to coincide with the real world event.

ArnoFR and ASH32 like this.
  25. SHGTP

SHGTP

Tsukuba is the one I want. Don't see it many places and a great set-up track.

Need smaller tracks for lower powered cars too.

26. anthonyfa18

anthonyfa18

I would love to have more track too, I would love some more track from Japan and the USA, laguna seca,
    Tsukuba Circuit, and more

ProjectF likes this.
  27. SHGTP

SHGTP

A. I don't know why people think the FIA would choose certain tracks. They simply grade all international circuits which determines what type of cars can race on it.

B. The FIA World Endurance Championship's premier round is Le Mans. A series run in collaboration with the ACO.

C. The WEC and F1 race exclusively on FIA Grade 1 circuits with the exception of Le Mans and Sebring (for historic reasons), which are Grade 2.

28. Twstcrv

Twstcrv

Download Assetto Corsa and Project Cars 2 and you will never be bored. All three complement each other.

29. Scaff

Scaff Staff Emeritus

I agree, however the marketing around GTS has focused on the FIA accreditation of tracks, so its in peoples minds.

True, my point (which may not have been clear) is that the circuit is not one of those with a long history of FIA events, such as Spa or Silverstone.

Yep, and yet GTS has a real world circuit that doesn't even hold FIA grading.

PocketZeven likes this.
  30. DriveSpark

DriveSpark

I wonder if they will concentrate on getting the already announced 50 cars out (by March) before they add tracks ?