[MORE TRACKS] - GTS needs more circuits, urgently!

• Thread starter BrunusCL82
  • 193 comments
but to be fair: 1) they re-used all tracks they had in PCars 1, so they did not create 60 tracks within two years.
2) the quality of the tracks in both PCars games is to me not that great to be honest when compared to Forza or GT.
The tracks of PC2 have been recreated perfectly.

They did not rescan them from 1 to 2 I think is the thing. A point that was made to me regarding the Flugplatz on Nordscheife. Pcars 2 has the old scan before the recent reconstruction. GT Sport has a completlely new scan that includes the redesign. PD will not just bring old tracks and upscale them I do not think. They are very particular and will fully recreate each track imo.

There must be a very different version of Sonoma in the real world that I'm not aware of.

They did not rescan them from 1 to 2 I think is the thing. A point that was made to me regarding the Flugplatz on Nordscheife. Pcars 2 has the old scan before the recent reconstruction. GT Sport has a completlely new scan that includes the redesign. PD will not just bring old tracks and upscale them I do not think. They are very particular and will fully recreate each track imo.

To be fair, the Flugplatz reprofiling is only a year or two old. I wouldn't expect any developer to re-scan if they'd already done it just before that. It's a relatively minor thing — it's not like Silverstone's complete remodel, for example.

Oh, okay. Some users here said to me that the PC2 tracks are all really well recreated.

Oh, okay. Some users here said to me that the PC2 tracks are all really well recreated.

They said they laser scanned them all, this was later found to be false.
If you play Assetto Corsa, which has absolutely laser scanned every single circuit in the game, they are almost exactly the same as the ones in GT.
The tracks which are in all 3 games are different in PC2 to how they are in AC and GT. Brands in particular seems a bit odd in PC2 imho. They may have laser scanned some but certainly not all.
Still, the sheer quantity of different locations in PC2 cannot be overlooked. GT has a lot of catching up to do.

For me, this shows just how SM is competent and hardworking. PD had five years to produce GTS, but still could not digitize the original circuits. Laziness! There is no mitigating factor to justify PD's lazy work on the number of circuits.

60 circuits is excelent job. Imagine if SM had FIVE YEARS PD. It would bring 200 circuits.

In addition, PD has much budget and know-how compared to SM. The originals circuits need not be digitized or field-tested. The PD did not put them out of laziness or laziness at work.

Some PD lawyers argue that the original circuits do not have the "FIA standard". And does Tokyo have any?

Last edited:
I think this Christmas we will have surprises.

It is not logical to announce the single player mode, if they do not announce the return of Trial Mountain, Grand Valley, Autunm Ring, Deep Forest etc.

Single player mode and these circuits are connected umbilically.

Of the true circuits, I would very much like to see Mugello, Glen Watkins, Road America, Road Atlanta and Laguna Seca.

I think this Christmas we will have surprises.

It is not logical to announce the single player mode, if they do not announce the return of Trial Mountain, Grand Valley, Autunm Ring, Deep Forest etc.

Single player mode and these circuits are connected umbilically.

Of the true circuits, I would very much like to see Mugello, Glen Watkins, Road America, Road Atlanta and Laguna Seca.
This is definitely wishful thinking mate. I'm not saying it's impossible, but it's not very likely either.

I find it strange there's no real GT classic circuits, stuff we've grown to love/hate over the past games.

Real world stuff I'd like too (that we have had before); Spa, Monza, Daytona, Tsukuba, Le Mans, Laguna Seca.

They said they laser scanned them all, this was later found to be false.
Nope. They said they laser or drone scanned them, and not all of them.

If you play Assetto Corsa, which has absolutely laser scanned every single circuit in the game...
Nope again. Zandvoort was not laser scanned. Its still damn good, but it wasn't scanned.

they are almost exactly the same as the ones in GT.
I can't agree with that at all. Track surface detail is almost universally poor in every GTS track, with Brands Hatch being one of the worse offenders, Sheene Curves are nothing like they should be in reality, with bumps and camber changes missing in GTS and turning what is in reality a very challenging corner into a bland right hander.

Only the 'ring is close to having a descent amount of surface detail on it.

The tracks which are in all 3 games are different in PC2 to how they are in AC and GT. Brands in particular seems a bit odd in PC2 imho. They may have laser scanned some but certainly not all.
Can't agree with that at all, if anything the GTS version of Brands is the one that off, particularly in regard to the bit scanning should make matter, surface detail!

Still, the sheer quantity of different locations in PC2 cannot be overlooked. GT has a lot of catching up to do.
On this at least we agree.

Last edited:
Two circuits a month is a very unreasonable expectation to have.

Yes, they do need more, but the current list of circuits do have a good balance to them.

Really?
I think they're terrible.
Every time I go to arcade mode i am presented with 4 or 5 ovals, 4 or 5 horrendous dirt tracks, 4 or 5 are Tokyo, 5 or 6 ridiculous fantasy rollercoaster tracks leaving me to pick out just 5 or 6 decent tracks of which most are right at the bottom.

The game is more fantasy than reality.
Ridiculous 400mph cars with unlimited grip on rollercoaster tracks.
Is this "The Real Driving Simulator" or WipeOut?

I agree with that point.
MORE TRACKS PLEASE.
The "base" of the game is really good i think. The graphic is awesome, physic system is ok and the sound is also cool.
But what is a racing game without tracks ?!?!?!
Imagine Ronaldo without his feet.....

As some guys of you mentioned before.
They put in the LMP cars. It´s a really bad joke..... Where is LeMans ?!?!?!?!?!?!

The number of tracks in the game is definitely tooo low.

By the way. The actual number of tracks to download on a rfactor site is 607... ;-)

Really?
I think they're terrible.
Every time I go to arcade mode i am presented with 4 or 5 ovals, 4 or 5 horrendous dirt tracks, 4 or 5 are Tokyo, 5 or 6 ridiculous fantasy rollercoaster tracks leaving me to pick out just 5 or 6 decent tracks of which most are right at the bottom.

The game is more fantasy than reality.
Ridiculous 400mph cars with unlimited grip on rollercoaster tracks.
Is this "The Real Driving Simulator" or WipeOut?

Yes...
If you put away all the Vision-cars and the strange tracks.. Whats left then ?!
There´s a lot work to do for PD.... I dont wanna have 1200 cars and 600 tracks, but a little bit more like now would be very nice. ;-))

Last edited by a moderator:
I've not driven on any real life tracks, but the bumps and camber changes are clearly visible in VR on all the tracks, driving with an invisible car on the TV they all look pretty much flat.

I just want more real life tracks to experience in VR.

No excuses for PD, if they want keep their greatness, or eternal straight awaits... :)

Did they pay for Porsche name with all other content?
Im sorry but Ruf is ok, give me cars and tracks!

I’m quite enjoying a lot of the new tracks. Although to be honest, GT just doesn't feel like GT without Trial Mountain, Midfield Raceway, Deep Forest and Grand Valley Speedway and I'd love to see El Capitan, Seattle, Tsukuba, Fuji Speedway, New York, make a comeback. GT4 had the best track selection for me.

GT Sport is very nostalgic for me in some ways. I think it’s the music and maybe it’s the first GT game since GT4 that I actually enjoy watching my own replays.

I think anyone will agree to want more tracks. We just need to be patient for now. More tracks will come our way.
I agree patience is warranted since the trend of updates, messages, and even a few cars is very good right now. It appears they are working hard on the game and thats all one can really ask.

It was announced by PD that 50 cars will arrive until March 2018.

So, we have four months until then. Are there 12 cars every month? Right?

Along with the 12 cars, the ideal would be TWO CIRCUITS per month, one original and one real.

It would be possible?

I can not run the same circuits any more.

I want original circuits like Midfield Raceway, Apricot Hill, Trial Mountain, El Capitain, Red Rock Valley, High Speed Ring, Grand Valley Speedway, Autumn Ring and Deep Forest.

I want real circuits like Mugello, Misano, La Sarthe, Laguna Seca, Spa, Yas Marina, Silvertone, Algarve, Donington, Fuji, Watkins Glen, Road Atlanta and America, anyway.

I want more circuits. I can not stand another month always playing the same

Agree, i'm hoping we will at least will see La Sarthe, Spa, Laguna Seca, Road America and Silverstone in the near future, the track i miss the most is La Sarthe, endurance race there with tire wear and fuel consumption would be great :).

La Sarthe is coming soon and possibly more with the Addition of GTLeague.

I'm not sure if we are getting tracks in the GT mode update, because i would assume PD would have said it, so they could boost the december sale.

But i was thinking the same thing when i saw the trophy about taking a picture of the Audi LMP 1 car on La Sarthe, so it's not impossible that we are getting that track in the near future :).

I can't agree with that at all. Track surface detail is almost universally poor in every GTS track, with Brands Hatch being one of the worse offenders, Sheene Curves are nothing like they should be in reality, with bumps and camber changes missing in GTS and turning what is in reality a very challenging corner into a bland right hander.

I don't want to start a circular, but how much of that lack of surface detail is actually not so much a lack of it being there but just that the FFB in GTsport is terrible? Also playing in bumper cam view definitely makes it look like the car is flying over a snooker table smooth surface, when playing in cockpit there is clearly more bumps and details to be seen.

Back