More Updates Coming is Confirmed.

Taku Imasaki replied on October 6, 2008 at 1:54 am
There WILL be more gameplay updates… thats all I can say right now!
HTML:
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/10/02/gran-turismo-5-prologue-update-available-now-and-includes-new-cars/comment-page-2/#comments

WOW there is more proof that alien life exists ! haha
GT says there is always more updates coming. Since spec I.

We have always known that more updates are coming.... He has said that damage is coming in Spec III.

Its just a matter of when ;)

If sony/PD could hire more people into production of GT5. It would arrive much faster with same quality. PD only has about 100-120 people working. Other BIG names have 200 people. There are many skilled game designers out there.. So make use of them PD. Please.

WOW there is more proof that alien life exists ! haha
GT says there is always more updates coming. Since spec I.
Yes, and we're on Spec III now aren't we? So what's your point?
There are many skilled game designers out there.. So make use of them PD. Please.
Do you really think it's that easy?

EDIT: And by the way, I think the best game designers are already working for PD..

Last edited:
Yes, and we're on Spec III now aren't we? So what's your point?

Do you really think it's that easy?

EDIT: And by the way, I think the best game designers are already working for PD..

Why do you have to act so Sarce? 👎

Yes. Hire, pay, they will do solid work.
One of the #1 rules in any project (especially software): adding more resources to a project already late, will make it even later. :)

New people, experienced pros or not, need time starting up (e.g. getting to know the company, environment, different stakeholders, etc.). And that takes effort from the people that are capable of working other people in, which are usually the most experienced. So the moment you do that, development will grind to a halt. You do not get instant benefit from adding new people. If you add another 100 to the 100 already present, development will grind to halt at first, then gain momentum very slowly. This may very well introduce a delay of yet another few months. Especially since there are lots of disciplines involved, not just designers. If you add more designers or programmers, you're also going to need more testers or you'll introduce a bottleneck. It's not that simple. Sometimes (especially in software development) less is more.

I highly suspect that we will get an update for private rooms that is tied into Home game launching when home beta goes public. I also expect that there will be a large home space for GT.

I highly suspect that we will get an update for private rooms that is tied into Home game launching when home beta goes public. I also expect that there will be a large home space for GT.
I suspect the same. I suspect there also may be another small update before that to fix the 100% weight bug.

In the latest episode of the 1UP yours podcast, Shane Bettenhausen confirmed that in the Home presentation at TGS Sony showed the Home space for GT5...

Now i can't find any screens/videos/info about that presentation... if anyone manages to find it, please post. We might have a better idea of how the community aspect of the game will work...

Once more I will say, please include Photomode on Prologue. Damage of course is a great addiction...but taking high quality shots would make my day:)

In the latest episode of the 1UP yours podcast, Shane Bettenhausen confirmed that in the Home presentation at TGS Sony showed the Home space for GT5...

Now i can't find any screens/videos/info about that presentation... if anyone manages to find it, please post. We might have a better idea of how the community aspect of the game will work...
GT stuff starts about halfway through.
http://cdn.jp.playstation.com/tgs08/sp/Conference_Home02.wmv

ポリフォニー・デジタルの山内氏も「コンテンツを作っていたが、流れはコミュニケーションに移っている」と語り、コミュニケーションが一番面白いと続けた。今はコンテンツではなくコミュニケーションを作っているといい、そういった方面から「Home」に多大な期待を寄せているという。「『Home』でコミュニケーションをとり、ちょっと走ってくる? とはなして『GT5』で走って、また『Home』に帰ってくるというのがいい」とその未来像を語った。
http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20081009/scejp.htm

Last edited:
First link takes forever to load.
Second link in pictures I see PS3s in home. So we can play demos within home? haha

If sony/PD could hire more people into production of GT5. It would arrive much faster with same quality. PD only has about 100-120 people working. Other BIG names have 200 people. There are many skilled game designers out there.. So make use of them PD. Please.

Absolutely correct.
The ONLY way to save development time and also keep the high quality standard is to increase menpower.

I think PD could afford it...

I understood that Home open beta was for Japan release only so far. So this could cause another wave of GT Fan’s disappointment.:nervous: On the other hand I fully share the idea that Prologue online rather thin options are due to the Home delays. Hence poor communication from Polyphony at this stage of development. Imagine Polyphony stating something like: “Sorry guys we have tremendous things ready for you, but those Sony’s Home :censored:dev team are just screwing our job”. Very unlikely.

To me it would make perfect sense for PD to use Home as a way of doing race lobbies. PD and Sony work very much together so I would make perfect sense to use the GT5P to show what Home really can do. This could be the reason for PD to not spend time developing their own lobby-system if they have been promised to be able to use all the advantages of Home. Well, let’s wait for Home, that could be the missing link between GT5P with sucky online and GT5P with excellent online possibilities with communities like GTP and stuff online, ingame.

That man talked about Private rooms 6 months ago too..

He said there would've been damage 6 years ago, I'm still waiting. Any debate is pointless at this point in time though since even lackluster demos sell millions of copies due to the lack of criticism of the franchise's hopelessly brainless fanbase which is being seen as a tacit agreement and approval of the software house's work.

the game isn't that bad however it could've been several orders of magnitude better if only PD put some extra efforts on ANYTHING besides car models, car models and car models (ok they're awesome, we got it, there's plenty of them already, could we have an ENTERTAINING gaming experience now besides staring at replays now, tho?).

Last edited:
Back