More Updates Coming is Confirmed.

As it has been confirmed that damage will be included in an update, I would love to see some movie or screenshot. I understand that they dont want to show stuff that they have not announced yet but give us some more info about the damage system please.

Assuming that GT5 is still a year off, I'm pretty sure that if they put the Nordschleife in GT5P it might convince some of the hold-outs to buy GT5P, & I think the vast majority of GT enthusiasts would still buy GT5 because it would have a ton of new content & new features (like damage) that they could not resist. So adding content to GT5P would be a win - win situation for PD IMO.
GT5 is at least 2 years away Biggles .. in the meantime we are being spoon fed {win/win} there will be many many 'add-ons' to GT5P before we get to the end of the rainbow.

yes i know what fun it would be, but we don't have it yet, and complaining isn't going to rush anything
Lets get something straight here.

Any other racing game with similiar content to Prologue would of been ditched ages ago. So you may ask yourself why do I and others continue to play Prologue. Well the answer is this is GT and despite the lack of some features this game is still very enjoyable to play.

However there will come a time when you get bored of doing the same time trials, online races, especially considering the time trials get wiped everytime there is an update. So yes we need to be patient but we're very near the stage where this patience is running thin.

If ever there was proof of boredom setting in you only have to look at some of the threads on this forum. We even now have a thread referring to injuries whilst playing Prologue. Whats next a thread asking what refreshments we prefer to have whilst playing Prologue?

Lets get something straight here.

Any other racing game with similiar content to Prologue would of been ditched ages ago. So you may ask yourself why do I and others continue to play Prologue. Well the answer is this is GT and despite the lack of some features this game is still very enjoyable to play.

However there will come a time when you get bored of doing the same time trials, online races, especially considering the time trials get wiped everytime there is an update. So yes we need to be patient but we're very near the stage where this patience is running thin.

If ever there was proof of boredom setting in you only have to look at some of the threads on this forum. We even now have a thread referring to injuries whilst playing Prologue. Whats next a thread asking what refreshments we prefer to have whilst playing Prologue?

For the last godamn time if your Bored, Impatient PLAY SOMETHING ELSE. It's the most simplist way to stop complaining. Some of you new members i swear just sign up to GTPlanet to try argue with people. If the games enjoyable to play for you then keep playing it as I am doing. Complaining about something isnt going to get anyone anywhere? understand?

. Some of you new members i swear just sign up to GTPlanet to try argue with people. If the games enjoyable to play for you then keep playing it as I am doing. Complaining about something isnt going to get anyone anywhere? understand?
I joined this forum earlier this year so im not exactly a new member!!

No I don't come on here to argue and all im doing is expressing my view which I am entitled to do. I know complaining isn't going to change anything but if im disappointed with certain aspects of Prologue then I will air my views.

Everyone should be able to air their views on this forum or do you have to have GTP in front of your name!!

@Marky264: true to the point.

i am happy that we even have prologue (this the only reason why i bought ps3), and that they are releasing updates. there are other cars in game to race to enjoy them. for example i like to play old 512 ferrari and compete to all those California's and f430, because i have to create a great setup and not mess up any lap if i want to be 5 or above. So there is a lot of challenge for me.

People try to play other cars in online events, slower cars, make a setup for them, tweak it, play with it, see what happens. You don't need to race in the best car to win, nor to enjoy the game.

No I don't come on here to argue and all im doing is expressing my view which I am entitled to do. I know complaining isn't going to change anything but if im disappointed with certain aspects of Prologue then I will air my views.

Everyone should be able to air their views on this forum or do you have to have GTP in front of your name!!

You don't have to have GTP tag, but there is a constant complaining about updates, first it was for spec I, then spec II, then spec III, and there will be also for spec IV etc. One thing is making a constructive opinion, and other is complaining, which is going on on every forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
Whats all the hub-bub about?? I dont get it?? Since the last update I've been addicted to GT5:P like never before... having a BLAST everynight on Fuji 800 and Suzuka 750.... punting has become less and the new physics are really enjoyable.... I know private rooms are needed and all that other stuff... but I stopped getting worked up about that ages ago... now all I worry about is getting in front of the guy in front of me on the track... and wouldnt it suck hard if the next update only contained the license plate editor?!?!? HAhahahah waiting for private rooms all this time and all we get is that damn license plate editor so I can ATLEAST write EATMYDUST on my license plate :) 👍

Last edited:

Was i directing my statement about you in particular ? No i said lately New Members have been just complaining about the game. Theres a side for expressing your views and theres a point where that becomes complaining. As dzidza said above theres a limit. You dont see many regualar GTP Members complaining every day with a new problem about the game. And no GTPlanet is welcome to everyone hell I endorce New Members to sign up the more the better 👍 This site is great. But as i said before theres a limit to expressing your view and complaining about a problem. Constructive critism is best a way of working how to solve a problem isnt of complaining about it. Thats why I hope PD read the forums here and our comments and take them on board.

We should be thankful on what we have. We you be satisfied with just GTHD Demo on your HDD? I think not/ This is a big step alot of people will be angry about it and alot of people will support his plans for the future for the game. Patience is avertue.

Last edited:
Look it that picture. LEt's take look wow !! and Where Are THEY?
gt5_online_details.jpg
gt414.jpg

Some of the intended features to go into GT4
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=43440

Hey Marky i'm the new guy on this website but i have been playing gran Turismo since 1998 and I am GTfan too

Lol well I'm nice to anyone nice to me it's the way world works :P

Yup... I agree... I live by the same rule... treat people like YOU want to be treated... Very good one to live by and I think some people in this world can take this as an example as well... :) 👍

On-Topic::: The rest just need to take it easy and accept the fact that we have to wait... and just try to make the best of it. Try to make ten 1st place podiums in a row or something.. I dont know.. theres enough possibilities... Make setups for cars you dont normally drive... test out cars.. I could go on and on... but Im going to go eat lunch because IM HUNGRY! :)

Last edited:
...lol:lol:
Arr...back on topic, I like the idea of Spectator mode, I'm sure a good deal of these idea's will make it to GT5. As for the next update...all I want to see is Private rooms, I don't really mind how basic it is, just so long as it is operable.👍

hehe nice i'm gunna add you on on my GT5 PSN Account so if you get a friend request it'll be me lol, tbh i havent even tried out every car in GT5Prologue yet im savouring the moment haha and yeah i've been working on some Tune Up's lately since i went over my download limit this month so it'll reset on the 17th so hope to race ya soon Blitz ;) 👍

hehe nice i'm gunna add you on on my GT5 PSN Account so if you get a friend request it'll be me lol, tbh i havent even tried out every car in GT5Prologue yet im savouring the moment haha and yeah i've been working on some Tune Up's lately since i went over my download limit this month so it'll reset on the 17th so hope to race ya soon Blitz ;) 👍

Likewise!! :)👍 add me and we'll have some sessions at the track! I'm down for that!

Going back a bit, if I may...

Assuming that GT5 is still a year off, I'm pretty sure that if they put the Nordschleife in GT5P it might convince some of the hold-outs to buy GT5P, & I think the vast majority of GT enthusiasts would still buy GT5 because it would have a ton of new content & new features (like damage) that they could not resist. So adding content to GT5P would be a win - win situation for PD IMO.

Yeah, I agree that a lot more people would buy GT5p, but my point is why would they want to sell, say, 5 million (example) copies of a half-price game instead of 5 million copies of a full price game? And yeah, GT enthusiasts will still buy GT5, but not everyone who plays it is a GT enthusiast, some just want the 'ring so they can practise it and learn the corners and so on. I know it sounds stupid but I met a few people who aren't really gamers, but they visit the 'ring occasionally and when they're not there they want to practise on it. One of my friends in fact is that sort of very casual gamer (he's had a PS3 since christmas and can't be bothered to connect it to his home wi-fi...) who gave up on GT4's career mode as soon as he unlocked the 'ring and could afford a nice collection of Imprezas. People like him wouldn't buy GT5 if GT5p had the 'ring in it, and so PD would lose some money, not sure how much, but it doesn't make sense for them to release the 'ring on Prologue and not charge for it instead of just waiting and releasing it in GT5 and charge £40-50 for it, instead of the £18 I got my copy of Prologue for.

Its kind of like if they'd released a demo of COD4 and included the 'All Ghillied Up' level, which was easily the single best mission in any war shooter for me, I would have been quite disappointed if I'd played that then bought the game, as I would have been expecting more of the same.

The Nürburgring is 13 miles of pure automotive death, everyone loves it, everyone wants it (of course), which is even more reason for them to put it in GT5 and leave it out of Prologue. Same with the Ferrari Enzo or FXX or FXX Evo, I don't see how they couldn't put those in the game other than because they're leaving it for GT5 so you have something huge to look forward to.

So basically, I've jumped squarely on the 'Definitely no Nürburgring in GT5p (in my opinion)' bandwagon.

Christ that was a long post, I think I've used up my word count for the year...

We should be thankful on what we have. We you be satisfied with just GTHD Demo on your HDD? I think not/ This is a big step alot of people will be angry about it and alot of people will support his plans for the future for the game. Patience is avertue.

I have decided to make a more constructive post because after re-reading my posts they did seem a little argumentative.

Let me echo my earlier comments and say that I still enjoy playing prologue and find this is the best racing game I have ever played. However what is concerning me is the direction that PD are taking this game and some of the comments from Kaz. If however we see some more online features before xmas then these points are pretty much redundant.

I noted earlier from a review that Kaz said he doesn't play any other video games. This IMO is a mistake because many developers are constantly getting ideas from each other. Lets use Forza 2 as an example, now this game is very poor in comparison to Prologue for gameplay, graphics but for online features Prologue is miles behind. What I find rather concerning is when Kaz says "online is only one feature of GT5" this to me sounds like hes down playing the importance of online gaming. These days video gaming has changed and online features should be one of the most important aspects of a video game because this prolongs the lifespan of the game. What I personally don't understand is why spend the time developing 3 new cars when TBH this doesn't really add to the gameplay. Why didn't they release the private room option when Spec III was released?

If over the next few weeks we recieve another update which allows private rooms and possibly some more online features then im wrong about Kaz underestimating the importance of online gaming. However if we do not see any further updates and all Spec III was some new cars then im afraid PD are out of touch with what gamers want and not watching fellow competitors i.e Turn 10 could prove costly.

I will finally add that only those who have played games such as Forza 2 and COD4 will know what im on about. Using COD4 as an example if this game didn't have any online features then many would of stopped playing and traded this game in within 4 weeks of completiting the single player. However this game has been out for nearly a year and yet remains the most popular game on xbox live. You may wonder what on earth a FPS game has to do with Prologue but its a good illustration how online features prolong the lifespan of a game. Lets be honest private rooms should of been available right from the start because its a very basic, simple online feature of any game.

I will finally add that only those who have played games such as Forza 2 and COD4 will know what im on about. Using COD4 as an example if this game didn't have any online features then many would of stopped playing and traded this game in within 4 weeks of completiting the single player. However this game has been out for nearly a year and yet remains the most popular game on xbox live. You may wonder what on earth a FPS game has to do with Prologue but its a good illustration how online features prolong the lifespan of a game. Lets be honest private rooms should of been available right from the start because its a very basic, simple online feature of any game.

Yes... I must say the online options of CoD4 are very good indeed... now if only GT5:P had something simple like that.... Even the online play on Tekken 5 Dark Resurrection is better than in GT5:P.....

Kaz says "online is only one feature of GT5"

I think that interview dates while ago, it's not that new. If you look at pictures shown before that it is only one (BIG) feature , but that doesn't mean that it won't work properly, or that we won't have private rooms.

We'll just have to see.

If GT5 doesn't have online and has as much content as gt4, i would still play it all the time. If i had gt4 right now, i would plug my g25 and do those missions or whatever. COD4 withuot online is terrible, AI is 3 times worst then in GT5p

I noted earlier from a review that Kaz said he doesn't play any other video games. This IMO is a mistake because many developers are constantly getting ideas from each other. Lets use Forza 2 as an example, now this game is very poor in comparison to Prologue for gameplay, graphics but for online features Prologue is miles behind.
He doesn't play any other games but he check other games to see his tech and solutions as stated on past interviews. There's a common misinterpretation on his quote.

What I find rather concerning is when Kaz says "online is only one feature of GT5" this to me sounds like hes down playing the importance of online gaming. These days video gaming has changed and online features should be one of the most important aspects of a video game because this prolongs the lifespan of the game. What I personally don't understand is why spend the time developing 3 new cars when TBH this doesn't really add to the gameplay. Why didn't they release the private room option when Spec III was released?
From the another thread:

Yamauchi: We need to test it fully so that it becomes a perfect product. I consider it dangerous, to say the least, to release a game like this one without having subdued it to the toughest quality assurance tests. Also, since it's something so important, I fear of online features failing. That would be a fatal blow. I intend to introduce online features bit by bit.

He doesn't play any other games but he check other games to see his tech and solutions as stated on past interviews. There's a common misinterpretation on his quote.

From the another thread:

Yamauchi: We need to test it fully so that it becomes a perfect product. I consider it dangerous, to say the least, to release a game like this one without having subdued it to the toughest quality assurance tests. Also, since it's something so important, I fear of online features failing. That would be a fatal blow. I intend to introduce online features bit by bit.

Thanks for letting my know, thats reassuring.

i haven't bought GT5 Prologe :dunce:...yet, (almost out of topic) will there be a B-Spec Driver (aka/Bob) ? :dopey:
BTW, is there a thread with a list of "all the contents" of GT5 Prologue??
Link anyone, pls..?👍

Lets not underestimate how diligent, determined and talented PD are. Just because we received 3 cars and some physics / game optons tweaks in Spec III, it doesn't mean PD haven't been working hard on other aspects of the game. Perhaps the update to online features incorporates more features than just 'private rooms'. Perhaps whatever update to the online features is 80% complete but not up to Kaz's perfectionist vision and they're working hard to finish. I believe Home will be utilised for the improved online features of Prologue.

Some other points that spring to mind:

1) Throwing extra programmers to add extra features / catch up with a delayed software project is asking for a major disaster. Many top (games) programmers state this. John Carmack of Id Software has stated this and I (and professionals in the industry) take pretty much what he says when it comes to games programming as gospel. Too many chefs spoil the broth.

2) PD have released three new car models in the most recent update (and for free). PD are quite a large developer (100+, is it?). They'll have employees that work on different aspects of the game. I'm sure PD isn't just 90% 3D modellers. It seems ridiculous to expect such a quality developer to believe all we want is extra cars and tracks. Besides, I believe they are making the game they (Kaz) wants to be made. I have no doubt that they have programmers working on implementing new features to bring GT up-to-date. It's a matter of time. Now the basic online races are in place, expanding on that fundamental addition to GT can online be improvements, and I believe PD will implement half of the online features highlighted in Kaz's presentation of a few years ago.

I don't believe GT will ever be perfect but if Kaz aims for the stars, (maybe) he'll reach the sky.

They just need to get a decent developer blog running, where the authors bother to follow up on comments posted by fans. Would soothe some minds, including mine.

I agree with Obli, throwing more programmers at it doesn't help. I've been there myself as a project manager, all it does is increase admin and in-fighting.

Considering what I paid for it I'm pretty pleased with GT5P. I like the latest update but of course I'd like more :-)

Lets be honest private rooms should of been available right from the start because its a very basic, simple online feature of any game.

I am sure there is a simple (and only) reason for the "lack of private rooms":

I believe its because PD NEEDS to test the online features very well and the only way to obtain COMPARABLE results for analyzing is to give a limit to the event-setups.

If it was already (or even since the release of GT5P) possible to setup race-events in such a manner that we could choose ALL the available settings on our own there would be so many different races going on which would make it (almost) impossible for PD to analyze single characteristics and behaviours.

The same reason also applies to the (low) number of events which not even use all of the (few) tracks.

Last edited:
This is turning into a heated discussion... Nice 👍 Last posts have been long and thought out... :) I like that .....

Some thougths:)

In my opinion, with current Polyphony dev team’s size and expertise, they could have easily upscaled current GT4 content (tracks and cars), tweaked the interface to give it a new look, tweaked the physic engine to give it a new feel, add at least the level of online features actually available, badge the game GT5 and bundle it with PS3 from day 1. All that in less time and for less money than what may have been invested in the new game so far.

I’m not sure I get the point of that previous post regarding GT4. If you compare the list of features to what was delivered you may consider the bottle is half full or half empty anyway... Maybe this is just to be considered a story board. It just happens that during work in progress some bits may take different proportions. There might be technical, financial, practical, commercial issues that bring the project to adjustments. Eventually almost full finished parts will not make it for reasons we cannot even imagine. I can understand some complaining here but lets remember the fact this is “just” Prologue, and that anything that betters it, will benefit the full game whenever it’s released.

As a creator, it is to Mr Yamauchi Kazunori complete discretion to choose which way he wants his project to go. Allow me thanks him for not choosing the easy one. (and bloody yes, I would have been more than pleased to play the seasoned Copy/Paste GT4.5 as described above)

So what have we got here so far? A game that offers the ability to choose between normal and new professional driving physics. Real next-gen graphics, Uncompromised Car modeling with interiors, new tracks, new sounds and mixing... wait there’s more, we get Ferraris, hell they even managed to put a F2007 without anybody knowing. What’s more? Well... updates... tweaks and fine tuning in almost every aspects of the games (just look at the positive criticism posted here, and try to pretend Polyphony is not listening to it’s “Fan” Base). New cars available in game while they public appear in Car Shows... And I’m confident they already know what are about to get in the(near) future.

Considering the 35,99€ I paid for this "Bluray", and the hundreds hours of game-play it already provided I can’t consider GT5P anything less than “Bargain of the Year 2008” and, regarding personal taste, “Best PS3 Game So Far”. People may consider I have reach incurable state of FanBoy’ism here, but my bet is that when GT5 will hit the shelve it will just blow my mind the same way previous sequels did. And I’m risking the state that millions other will experience this too.👍

Latest Posts

Back