Most enjoyable cars to drive in GT Sport

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by Sander 001, Feb 26, 2018.

1. Sander 001

Sander 001

For me the most enjoyable lately has been the NSX GT3. It has great grip for both corner entry and exit, it needs no aids. Steering response is superb. The only thing is that it can snap oversteer coming off the brakes into slow corners so you need to ease off the brake a little gently and blend into throttle; it’s very satisfying! I play with ABS Weak, don’t know if that matters.

I’ve been tapering off of GT Sport but discovering the NSX has me coming back. You feel like you can can push the car and not drive in constant fear of losing it like many other cars! I don’t know if the NSX has always been like this or it’s from a recent update. I just wish it were faster in a straight line(or maybe I’m just not good enough!:guilty:)

What else cars are fun to drive:cheers:

2. Rinsky

Rinsky

That's a tough one for me as I have 3 cars fighting for that title. This is in order the ones I drive the most

1 Ferrari F40
    2. Lamborghini Diablo
    3. McLaren F1
    4. Audi R8
    5. Porsche 911

All 3 drive incredible in GTS on Sport Soft Tires.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2018
  3. PirovacBoy

PirovacBoy

My top 3 would be

1: Alfa 4c Launch Edition
    2: Porsche 911 Rs
    3: McLaren F1
    and of course my absolute favorite the 458 Gt3
    In general almost all MR Cars the list could be easily much longer

4. Rinsky

Rinsky

I forgot about the Porsche because its also a great car. My list could also be much larger. So hard to pick just one.

PirovacBoy likes this.
  5. manion

manion

Mclaren F1 is my favourite as its actually drivable in cockpit view. Plus it makes a great sound and handles pretty well

6. PirovacBoy

PirovacBoy

Cockpit View is a Must for me no matter what Car. Ever tried the Audi R18 TDI‘11?! Hehe that’s a real Challenge ;)

7. manion

manion

Yeah try it in every car but fov just doest feel right so go back to bumper cam which i have used in every previous gt

syntex123 likes this.
  8. PirovacBoy

PirovacBoy

Ah ok, Well just the opposite here. Since Cockpit View was introduced to Gt I never switched back. Haven’t even tried, seriously. I play every Racing Game if available in Cockpit View. Best immersion for me. But I think it’s just an adaptation thing. Each to his own, just play it like you enjoy it most no matter what View :)

Diver9543, Brzlav, wigs2009 and 4 others like this.
  9. manion

manion

Yeah I play other games in cockpit view but most cars in gt just dont feel right which is why I like the F1

Diver9543 likes this.
  10. tofuhero

tofuhero

I really enjoyed the Peugeot RCZ Gr.3 Road Car and the Alfa Romeo 4C Gr.3 Road Car. They're just really fun to toss around. I wish the actual Gr.3 cars handled as well as they do.

11. iCyCo

iCyCo

Probably be the only one saying this but my favorite car to drive was the LC500. When everybody was talking about KTM at the oval I was doing the 10 lap Maggiore race with no HUD. Just driving not knowing what position or lap after I had lost count was thrilling. Plus love seeing it in replays.

I try to drive some of everything now though so I don't take it out as regular

12. GT5 Level 41

GT5 Level 41

Mustang Gr.B Rally Car
    Ferrari F40
    BMW M4

13. andrewhake

andrewhake

This most recent update has made every car so fun to drive for me. I feel like they have really nailed the tire model now. Driving the FD3S RX-7 absolutely feels like driving the real thing. Even driving the slowest FF cars in the game is quite fun for me.

I absolutely love all the Gr.4 and Gr.3 cars as much as everyone else, but even the non-racing cars are great to drive now. The road car variants of the Gr.3 cars are wonderful as well.

As others have mentioned I only drive cockpit view since it was introduced. The thing that GT Sport does better than any other sim is immersion. I find myself often sitting through entire replays because of how good they look. There are so many shots in a GT Sport replay that look incredibly real.

14. zulueffendi

zulueffendi

Mustang gr 3... gr 4 is a little bit less fun...

Bumper cam when using ds4
    Cockpit only when using a wheel

15. instinct808

instinct808

Ferrari F40 is the best

AgentBlackDog and Rinsky like this.
  16. CurbHog

CurbHog

My go to car is Porsche 911 RSR in Gr.3
    For GR.4 I drive mostly Aston Martin Vantage
    For Gr1 I use mostly the Bugatti VGT for any track with a lot of corners. It is hard in Gr 1 as you often get swamped by the Porsche Hybrid and the likes on the start, but then when they wipe out in the corners you can advance....

Note: This is only for online racing, no time trials

Last edited: Feb 27, 2018
  17. TheGeologist

TheGeologist

Dodge Viper Gr3/Gr4
    Porsche 991 Gr1
    And any Gr3/B road car. Slinging those suckers around is one of my favorite experiences in the game. They're so hard to handle, I love it!

AgentBlackDog and Racin-Rev like this.
  18. Rinsky

Rinsky

I'm really impressed by the amount of different cars people enjoy and at the same time some of the same ones. I think it shows GTS has a good balance of cars to fit almost everyone's driving style and it's nice to see such a variety.

JoueurGT, SmnSyz, wigs2009 and 6 others like this.
  19. guywithanAE86

guywithanAE86

Das Schupra bro. Seriously I'll never get tired of either biting down corners in that heavy Supra as it guns out of a corner or whipping an 86 around one in a slide. I hope PD implement competitive drifting soon with this FIA thing about to drop.

AgentBlackDog and mekonrider like this.
  20. Spongeinside

Spongeinside

The Subaru WRX Gr.B road car.. with the lowest suspension ride hight (mostly for looks) and racing super softs.. it’s slightly under steering although that’s inherent to awd but could possibly be tuned out.

AgentBlackDog and wigs2009 like this.
  21. CLowndes888

CLowndes888

The Ferrari F40 is an absolute hoot to drive. So to is the GT by Citroen Group 4 car.

22. Lebowski

Lebowski

My top 3 in order has to be Vantage Gr4, Mercedes AMG GT Gr3 and the NSX Gr3. It's just a shame the Merc' blows the NSX into the weeds or I would use it so much more!

23. Pedinhuh

Pedinhuh

Top 3 for me are these:

1- Aston Martin V12 Vantage GT3
    2- Ferrari F40
    3- Toyota Supra

The V12 GT3 is a real gem, it has great handling and a awesome engine sound(when you're not driving in one of the ovals), it's not the best in the class but that doesn't stop me from winning with it.

The F40 is in a realm of it's own, takes greats amount of skill to tame it, the engine sound is just perfect, the interior is a perfect representation of it, which invites you to drive it on the cockpit view.

And at last, the Supra has always been a childhood fsvorite of mine since gran turismo 1, my brither used to race me with his Skylune R33 and i would take the Supra, ever sibce then it was always a fast, but rather subdued car that feels just right to drive; if you tune it, it can give you over 900 horses once fully tuned, turning it into a goddamn monster once you figure out the best suspension settings for it.
    Or just turn it into a drift missile like I did, works great for that as well!

wigs2009 and ProjectF like this.
  24. Khannie

Khannie

Porsche Cayman Clubsport Gr.4 and the BMW Z4 Gr. 3 for me.

SmnSyz, wigs2009 and Diver9543 like this.
  25. mekonrider

mekonrider

Most of the road cars. I know the race cars brake better, corner faster etc. but they just aren't as engaging as say, a 74 Countach on the verge of a drift. As someone who's driven something as direct as the original mini's IRL, I find modern cars faster but boring to drive unless you start going into the realms of going to jail type speeds.

26. polizei

polizei

I enjoy nearly every car depending on tire choice. I find tire grip really makes the session.

27. John Crellin

John Crellin

N category- McLaren 650S Coupe (I absolutely adore this car, love how it pivots)
    Gr 1- Porsche 919 Hybrid ( I love the acceleration. You can take a corner as slow as you want because your will be back to speed in no time)
    Gr3- Porsche 911 RSR (my bread and butter, and i love how it floats through corners when you hit them perfectly)
    Gr 4 - tie between the Italia 458 and the WRX (i just love how they feel to drive)

a lot of love here

28. azrilnazli

azrilnazli

road cars... my fav is Miata and RX-7

29. dnlnnhs

dnlnnhs

My current fav - Ford GT - tuned down to 400, RSS tires, 211Mph trans, wins every race in Professional - Premium series - Blue Bay, Maggiore, and Tokyo. Performance and Clean race bonus = big rewards. Great balance, well mannered car.

AgentBlackDog, wigs2009 and steefpeef like this.
  30. Zowy52

Zowy52

I've been spending a lot of time with the KTM on my grind to level 50. This car is a dream on Blue Bay. It's fast,easy to drive and makes a lot of cash and XP. My biggest problem is losing focus because the car is so easy to drive. My race time is anywhere from 11:50 to a much more comfortable 12:20, with a win and clean race bonus almost guaranteed (must stay focused a little bit).
    I know a lot of people dislike/hate the KTM but I sure don't understand why. Many posts by others have been made on the importance and how to properly set this car up.

tonderai likes this.