Last edited:
Gr4
Hyundai Genesis
SLS AMG
Subaru WRX

Gr3
Hyundai Genesis
AMG GT3

Spend most of my races in the Genesis twins. I tried the RSR but I could never get comfortable with it.

Pulled the covers off the ND MX-5. Tuned it to the 2019 Spec 1.5, with a whopping 1kw of extra power. Also lowered the ride height for replays.

Very much one of the most fun cars to throw around Bathurst, N24 and the Tourist course.

For me:
1. Nissan Motul Autech GTR Gr. 2
I think this has the perfect balance of speed and handling, compared to other racing cars
2. Porsche 911 RSR Gr.3
Best handling for Gr.3 car, but lacking power
3. Ferrari F40
Best sound, period. Ultimate eargasm when revving up the engine while wearing a headphone.

My Top 5s:

N Class:

1. Porsche 911 GT3 RS
2. McLaren F1
3. Ferrari LaFerrari
4. Ferrari 458 Italia
5. Lamborghini Huracan

Gr.3:

1. Porsche 911 RSR
2. Toyota Gazoopra
3. VW Beetle Gr.3
4. Mercedes AMG GT3
5. Corvette C7 Gr.3

Gr.4:

1. Porsche Cayman GT4
2. BMW M4 Gr.4
3. Veyron Gr.4
4. 86 Gr.4
5. Megane Gr.4

Gr.1:

1. Porsche 919 Hybrid
2. Mazda LM55
3. Bugatti VGT
4. Audi R18 Team Joest ‘16
5. Hyundai VGT

To me, I remember two times when I said to myself "wow, this is a lot of fun to drive"

- The Alfa Romeo 4C (Normal/road version) is absolutely amazing, sometimes hard to manage without any assists, but in a very pleasant and funny way

- I love driving the Ferrari 458 Gr3, mainly because of the sound ! Makes every downshifting a pleasure for ears !

If any car is too good too competant too fun to drive too competitve even outside its class... its the 1st car ever bought and drove here and I actively try to avoid...

Its the 911 GT3. A n500 class car that disposes of n600 cars like as if they're nothing.

Because I made the first post in this thread a little while ago, I need to add some more cars to my list.
-De Tomaso Pantera
-Mercedes AMG GT GT3
-Renault Megane Trophy
-Toyota Supra Racing Concept

I havent paid much attention to my free silver McLaren F1 but I thought it would be perfect to break it in around Le Mans... and then I tried a few races in the n500/600 class.

This car is just in a class of its own. Its like the F-22 fighter amongst the other lesser jet planes.

I heard the brakes werent so good. No. This car doesnt need race brakes. I didnt even bother try to do any heavy duty Ricciardo style overtakes because its just so competant everywhere. You can take your time overtaking people if you want the clean race bonus.

Did I enjoy driving it? I enjoyed its crushing superiority but yeah, I'm going to avoid this one as I feel it will just engender bad habits making you think all cars are this good.

My picks:
  • Cayman GT4 (fantastic balance, telepathic handling, shame about the gearing)
  • Any 458 (that chassis has no concept of understeer)
  • 911 GT3 RS (what an engine, great turn-in, wish they included 911 R with stick shift)
  • M4 Gr.4 (predictable FR handling, great engine note)
  • GT-R R34 (toss it in a corner and just mash the loud pedal)
  • McLaren F1 (balance, M Power V12, bliss. Wish It was drivable with ABS off like IRL)

Ah ok, Well just the opposite here. Since Cockpit View was introduced to Gt I never switched back. Haven’t even tried, seriously. I play every Racing Game if available in Cockpit View. Best immersion for me. But I think it’s just an adaptation thing. Each to his own, just play it like you enjoy it most no matter what View :)

Out of interest, have you tried a lap in bumper view and compared it? I love cockpit view but I’m plain simple faster in bumper view. The difference I think is in mid corner speed.

I have no care in the world for these $1.6mil track cars however look at the rear wing front splitter ground effects and rear diffuser on the thing.... surely its stick to the proverbial ceiling? Or is this just GT physics at work?

Is there a car with a bigger rear wing that isnt for use at Pikes Peak or Sema?

Back