Most enjoyable cars to drive in GT Sport

  • Thread starter Thread starter Sander 001
  • 180 comments
  • 82,868 views
Gr3 the alfa drives lovely and is great fun but it's so slow. The Merc AMG is probably my fave, quite stable and a great noise.

I'm a porsche guy so want to like the RSR but I just find it so snappy on throttle on corner exit and the sound isn't great
 
A maxed out Honda Beat is probably one of my favorite cars in all of GT. Just endless smiles when I drive it.
 
Hi @GBO Possum I tried this car in this race and found the car vitually undriveable even with your tune. It seems to spin ridiculously easy (not the wheels, the whole car). I guess its part of the challenge of driving an older car but am I missing something obvious? Has anyone else had trouble controlling the Alpine 72?
Late answer: In my experience more than anything you need to tune the diff on this car. Try to give it more understeer solely via diff adjustment (the explanations are quite good).

To topic: I love the 787b! Really nice handling and good drive with TC0.
 
Praiano tuned Mercedes AMG GT3. Such a good car and what a melody.
 
Any more good suggestions?

I've purchased every car spruiked in this thread and have some GTS money burning a hole in my pocket.....
 
Gr3: The Audi R8, but it is so unstable lately that I started to drive the Gr.3 Lexuz Prototype which I like a lot.
Gr1: the SRT tomahawk - I like it not sure why :) (did you know that it saves fuel storing kinetic energy in pneumatic tubes? It even stores engine energy on pneumatic tanks on pre-wheel spin. The pneumatic tanks are part of the fuselage). It has active suspension adjusted on the fly!
 
if you want to DRIVE instead of race, pay $30 or whatever and get Project Cars 2. No comparison to GTS for driving.
 
Not released yet but the F50 as I have observed from the finals looks fun and a bit tail happy. Looking forward to it. I enjoy most of the N-class cars but De Tomaso Pantera was quite a shock for me. Must be those wide a** tyres.
 
which one? the '16 or the '17?
Not sure, the one with 'prototype' in the name, I think its 2016, this one has better exit speeds while the 2017 has better final speed. But I like the prototype mostly because that wobbling it does when you switch a gear, feels like the engine is going to explode any moment :-)
 
I haven't tried it with my wheel, but the 996 is a peach on the Nordschleife. Pointy, darty and to trot out a cliche, it feels alive.
 
Pretty much anything with the letters N,S and X in the name :D.
I also seem to have a blast with the McLaren 650S Gr.4 and the Porsche Cayman Clubsport, that last one took me by surprise.
:cheers:
 
RX7 is seriously fun to drive, the cockpit view with no HUD is amazing. Same for the Cobra427 and F40. MK1 GT40 is waaaay to good for its age...sooo good. The Diablo GT was my first love in GTsport and once you get over the terrible brakes is a ton of fun.
First gen Viper isnt really fast, but its pretty relaxing when i want some NFS1 kinda vibes...i take it for a spin at horse thief mile.
Generally, i tend to appreciate stock road cars with ton of view from the cockpit, GT40mk1 is probably the best in that aspect(and 2006 Ford GT is almost as bad as the Mk1 is good in that aspect :( ).
As for odd cars, the Honda 2&4 is pretty amazing to drift around and, again, great cockpit view.
 
Lately I've liked the Toyota 86 GRMN.

While the sub-par acceleration and even worse top speed (220 km/h) make it a bit laughable as being named (Gazoo Racing) 'Masters of Nürburgring', still the car is such an easy drive with the stiff suspension and good brakes, but the good kind of easy to drive, as in easy to learn, difficult to master.

Plus I love how you can throw it into corners and with a pint of handbrake bring it back in line but without losing too much speed.
 
Lately, it’s been the Peugeot 208 GTi for me. Slow car fast is the most fun for me. It surprises me how good it is and how many races you can use it in. Fast enough to beat everything in the beginner races, unless the fk2 ctr starts up front. It’s the best ff car in the game, imo.
 
I enjoy a tough, engaging drive and for me, the Maserati fits the bill perfectly. It feels oddly heavy and difficult to maneuver meaning that every drive is a fight against the car. Absolute nightmare, but great fun when you get it right. Trying to tame it's immense size as it flies around the Nordschleife is awesome, highly recommend it.
 
Another addition to my favorite car:
Mazda 787B.

It's so quick and the handling is sublime on the fuji speedway Gr1 campaign mode race with the soft tires even without TC using the DS4.
Especially the sound of the engine, really makes me want to drive it repeatedly.
 
In terms of pure fun, I like the Fittipaldi! I love driving that thing!
 
In terms of pure fun, I like the Fittipaldi! I love driving that thing!

I wish it wasn’t gr. x though. I haven’t driven it yet, but it is definitely on my must drive list for sure.
 
My enjoyable favourites are too many to list, but it's Zonda R for me the most enjoyable car from Nov update







 
Been almost a year since the last post on this topic. What are people’s thoughts amongst on the more recent DLC?

Really enjoying that 911 Turbo myself.
 
Been almost a year since the last post on this topic. What are people’s thoughts amongst on the more recent DLC?

Really enjoying that 911 Turbo myself.

I cant stop driving the Camaro ZL1 1LE. It sounds incredible and you can absolutely send it.
 
Back